New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s2000 hopper empty error  (Read 872 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
s2000 hopper empty error
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:14:53 PM »
S2000.  the hopper has an added optical sensor,never saw one before.  on the sensor board is a green led, always on.  also a red. the red lights up when i put my finger over the hopper sensor. red light on or off, i get hopper empty error . i took the hopper to my house, and in my s2000, got a hopper empty error. it never tried to pay out.   i disconnected the added sensor board, and re-connected the red wire that was interuppted.  there is one white wire with a connector crimped to it, it also went to the added optical harness.  on my original hooper, that white wire isnt there. hopefully the pics help.  id like to get this hopper working in my machine, so i can try it in the other, which is not local to me. my other option is try my hopper in it, and if it works, the owner can source a hopper. any ideas??
thanks

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: s2000 hopper empty error
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:05:00 PM »
Let me get this straight. You removed the optic board and converted the hopper back to standard. You then added coins and tested it in your machine ? Did you run a hopper test from the test menu ?

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:56 AM »
ok. in a fully working machine( mine) , if i get a hopper empty error and reset the front door lever 3 times, i get a self test and then the hopper starts to run to eject remaining coins. if i do the same with the hopper in question, install hopper and reset front door lever, i get nothing. the hopper sits idle and second later, hopper empty.  i tried doing a hopper test with the working hopper. brake, safety, hopper direction do nothing when i hit the spin reels. the other tests( candles, meters, slot handle) do work when i hit the spin reels.  am i doing the hopper test wrong? i can resonably expect no results with the questionable hopper, but should get good results with the fully working hopper.

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:42:45 AM »
Enter the menu and go to  4.7.1 Hopper Test. This tests the hopper operation by paying out 10 coins.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
same issue as some other threads ive seen. i have no 4.7 test. it skips from 4.6 to 4.9. 

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 09:59:37 AM »
I assume the hopper is enabled ?  What SG chip do you have ?

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:17:44 AM »
hopper is enabled.  the machine for testing is my game . the game works 100% with the hopper that came with it. doesnt work with the hopper in question.  SG is a 362 .

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »

Try rotating the end of the motor shaft by hand to confirm the hopper works mechanically and nothing is binding. If the hopper pinwheel turns freely then I suspect something is wrong with the wiring or the controller board is bad.

If you have a 24 vdc power supply you can test the motor by disconnecting it from the board and applying power directly.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
motor isnt seized. i was going to power it up, wanted to see about the tests first.  these things can be a pain sometimes.

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
If you don't mind the work, as a test you could swap the hopper controller board with your known good one.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 06:39:41 PM »
jumped the motor with 24v, it worked. swapped the hopper control boards, no difference. board from hopper in question worked in my hopper, and my hopper board didnt work in the questionable hopper. no broken wires or pins.  im going to tell him to buy a working hopper. anyone have one for sale??

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal