New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Sound Extremely Low.  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Sound Extremely Low.
« on: May 04, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
I've got a Super Spin Sizzling 7's game that I can barely hear when playing.

The volume is at 10 and Multimedia is set to Stereo.

I've changed the Amp, disconnected each Speaker one at a time, checked wiring for shorts and swapped in a 042 simm just to rule out my Simm card.

No change.

It's a 1270 Enhanced Board with Daughter Card. Not an R Board.

What are the other components that will cause this issue?

Chip, MPU, Daughter Card?

I don't have another Enhanced game to swap part with.

So, someone shoot me the best possible cause, and I'll start there with buying parts.

I really want to hear this game. Especially the "Mystery Reel Nudge".

Thanks, Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:10:32 PM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Sound Extremely Low.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 02:55:29 PM »
I'm sorry, all my s2000 machines have 500 series boards
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
I'd rip that out and see if it works in another cabinet at least.....try to single out the problem somehow.
Maybe even send it to another member to test.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 03:24:38 PM »
Probably this harness from the amp in the top box.
Here are a few pictures to help.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »
Does your wires and jumper look like this? At one time I had a machine with really loud volume and the plug looked like this. I had to make changes in the wires to get lower volume.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 05:47:40 AM »
Looking at the Erbs' photo above, pulling out the jump wire (Green w/White stripe)  from the 8th position and

inserting it to the 1st position makes it the same as Qbert's photo.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 06:05:57 AM »
Thanks for all of the great inputs.

Here's what I've got. My plug on my amp looks like the one in Qberts photo with the green/white jumper wire in pins 1 and 9.

Is this the correct positioning for this jumper? I also have a jumper between pins 4 and 5. I checked some of my other S2000's and they're wired the same way.

Don't know if I should pull the jumper or not.

Curtis ash100

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 06:14:46 AM »
It looks like wires 8 and 9 are reversed from my photo
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 07:41:08 AM »
from what I can tell, there is a difference between gbert and ash plug,  don't know if it makes a difference, but here is what I observed!   for explanation purpose,  consider this is a 10 pin connector!!   pin 1 and pin 9 are jumped together, pin 4 is jumped to pin 5,  no connection to pin 6 or pin 8,  that leaves the two pair of green and white wires,   pin2 is green and pin 3 is white in gbert photo, pin 2 is white and pin 3 is green in ash photo,  this is the difference, I would swap these two and see if that makes a difference.  pins 7 and 10 are the same in both photos.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 07:45:49 AM »
Jim,

I just noticed the exact same thing. But what's even stranger is I grabbed an old amp harness out of a box I had in the shop that was removed from a donor cabinet and it's wired the same way as the one currently in the machine.

And when I swap them out, same problem exists.

So, I'll go ahead and swap those pins and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the photos and explanations.

Curtis ash100

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »
Well.....thanks. but.....

That didn't help any and without tracing those 2 wires back to their source, I have no real way of knowing what they control in that circuit, but swapping them made no noticable difference.

I ordered an MPU Board and Daughter Card from a vendor here and will give them s shot next, starting with the Daughter Card first.

Stay tuned.

Curtis ash100

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
Check and see if the small black plastic 2-pin jumpers are correct on the sound amp board?

Maybe somebody pulled them and put them back on wrong?

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 05:05:25 AM »
J4 and J6 are pinned as shown in the photo.

Not sure which is the right configuration, but the other amps I tried look the same way.

Thanks, Curtis ash100

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 09:37:01 AM »
If those are the same as the working ones that are in other cabinets, then I'd say they're correctly positioned.
I wish I could help further but I'm no where near any slots to verify.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 11:30:37 AM »
My only thought is the Enhanced board may require the harness to be wired differently. Since I have no machines with Enhanced I can't check. And you are sure it is not a setting problem? I know on vision machines there is a setting for bonus play.

the rockin elvis

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »
Well, it's fixed....

Turns out a new MPU is what it needed. Picked up one from a member here, swapped daughter card over and plugged it in. Sounds just like it should.

Now, is there anyone here that knows where the sound circuit is on the 1270 boards and is it repair worthy?

If not, no big deal, I just hate to trash a good board because of a low sound issue.

Curtis ash100

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »
Fantastic. Now turn up the volume and bother the neighbors

the rockin elvis

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 03:52:01 PM »
Well, it's fixed....

Turns out a new MPU is what it needed. Picked up one from a member here, swapped daughter card over and plugged it in. Sounds just like it should.

Now, is there anyone here that knows where the sound circuit is on the 1270 boards and is it repair worthy?

If not, no big deal, I just hate to trash a good board because of a low sound issue.

Curtis ash100

U22 is likely the culprit. I have one that has intermittent to no sound. I held on to it because it boots & plays but it takes more skills than I possess to replace it. I have some donor boards as well if you have the expertise to do it.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 07:17:46 AM »
Does anyone have a schematic of the 1270 Enhanced Board?

RB, you mentioned it could be a problem with U22, I'd be interested in knowing what components control sound.

Jim wouldn't mind knowing as well. I think we could figure this out with the right resources.

Curtis ash100

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal