New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt s2000  (Read 1206 times)

Offline smashes

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • smashes New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt s2000
« on: June 07, 2020, 06:29:22 PM »
Ok i need help,im getting a ram error problem that wont go away,ive used clear chips 97 and 17 replaced the board but god knows if i got a good one,jumped the rest,switched ram eproms,still getting this stupid ram error,boots up completes self test and memory then bam ram error,would the back plane cause that problem if its bad,,please help gameless in cleveland,thanks in advance

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: igt s2000
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 06:48:25 PM »
What happens when you open the door & attempt to clear it with the jackpot key? Turn it 4 times & press test switch as directed. You might have to repeat the process for multiple errors. It will usually tell you on the VFD if there is a problem
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 05:15:54 AM »
Ok thanks for response,,,i turn jackpot key,now if im correct its the flat key on top not the barrel key below right?just making sure then i push test,alarm goes off still error in blue window,,ram error,damm ram error, i wanted to mention yesterday its a upright,big easy progressive coinless machine,just takes bills this might help,super stepper board

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 04:24:55 PM »
Did you do what RB said? Open door, alarm will sound, Turn key 4 times watching the display. It will then tell you to hold test button on front of MPU for 3 seconds. Close the door. Should boot and reels spin. If not it should tell you something again
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:26:09 PM »
i do that like hundred times already and yes it does tell me something,,,RAM ERROR over and over again,,what number chips do u use for that machine,,super stepper big easy progressive,,i used 97 first then 17 then the orig,,goes through all the steps like mentioned,,,,actually when the alarm goes off reset doesnt shut it down,,ive jumped the wires thinking it was a reset switch,,still nothing,im puzzled maybe i used the wrong clear chip,whats your guess

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »
Post your sb and sg chip numbers. Has it worked before? So after pushing the button does it say close door? After closing the door do the reels spin? Since you have been removing chips, are any legs bent?

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
You are not doing it right: clear - then put base back in after clear - then key - then base again

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 06:36:05 PM »
Clear & key instructions are in the S2000 FAQs.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21511.0
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
we will get this guys,,,thanks so far for all info,ive tried the clear,base key,base move and still nothing,RAM ERROR,im starting over with more info,,date of birth for machine is 1/04 model number is 96438300,igt big easy progressive,coinless quarter,,ok so i bought a 97 clear and a 17 key chip did the procedure 2 different ways from info from the replys still ram error,,,forgot to mention game chip 363 and its a super stepper board,,,,why is it so hard to get these slot repair guys over here,,ill pay the money,,this one keeps putting me off,,i know theres only a few here in cleveland that do it,its a dying trade,,,so heres what im thinking,,is it possible that the ram is no good,,,the old board had ram that said advanced on them weird looking so i just used the ones that came with the new board that the guy i bought machine from just got in mail,,,i dont think that will matter,,,so maybe bad ram,,,am i using the right clear and key chips???? can i get a link to the correct way of doing the clear,i watched this guy on you tube do it with the chips i have thats why i bought them,maybe again wrong chips,,,please help ive givin everything i know about machine,,maybe this will be clearer fo everyone,,thanks alot for info so far

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »
Well just for the heck of it, change the ram chips from your old board

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »
Post a picture of the mpu board that you are using with the chips installed.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
ill take a pic of the board and change ram,,but heres a new one,,whats the chanced of the other 5 ballys and igt goining weird on me at the same time one lights up but no display actually they all do,one spins on random,lights flicker everything worked perfectly one hour before,,,now i will say this im in cleveland and it was a hot one today,,lots of power being used in the neighborhood plus me running my ac and all the slots lit up,,,,it almost seems like they are lacking power,,,what do i do now,,,is there a way to reset the power supply ,im really losing it with these machines,im sure you all get my drift,,,thanks in advance

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 08:07:30 PM »
Power surges do bad things to computers,  brown outs are even worse.  Storms, lightning?
Do you have any surge protection on your machines?
Here in Fl we have storms and surges all of the time. I have UPS (uninterrupted power supply) on all of my machines. They are computers and pretty old ones at that and are not very good at handling bad quality power.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 08:14:31 PM »
ill be honest,i didnt have any for them,i wasnt thinking,what can happen,or what do i need for them now,power supplys?boards,,ill get this right and i have some now on pickup at best buy,,my fault on this one

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 05:24:55 AM »
update,,power grid weak,,all machines are fine,,,never seen that before,,now back to the igt im going to get some ram and try that if it doesnt work ill be back,thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
Post that picture of the mpu.
Let that power issue be a warning. A couple of hundred spent on UPSs is well worth it in the long run plus you can play the machines when the power is out. 😁
Rich

Offline smashes

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
Thanks rich ill get a post of mpu asap lots going on now that i got a call that my mom isnt doing good in hospital and her time is near,so again lots on my mind at the moment ,,but i wont forget to get that pic,,thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal