New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 billval door open error?? Resolved, thank you RickHunter  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Mikey4026

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mikey4026 New User has no influence.
  • NLG

Looking for a bit of guidance, I can't seem to solve this one.I have had this machine for several months now, it has always had a bill validator error on start up that was temporarily solved by removing and reinstalling the validator. This process worked most of the time, but becoming more finicky as time goes on. Checking the event log it appears that validator is not passing the memory test. The validator is marked WBA-13-SS, dip switches are all set to zero, it does run and cycle normally when the machine boots. When all goes well and I get past the billval door open error, it accepts cash and TITO tickets without a problem
The back-plane jumpers for the validator are set as follows, I don't know if they are set correctly.
JP1 RS232
JP2 C-loop
JP3 C-loop
Williams is new to me, but I did get the TITO set up, a Columbia JUR installed and multi denomination all set up and working.
It had this problem before I worked on it, so I don't think me messing with it has caused the problem.
Thanks
Mike
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:36:57 PM by Mikey4026 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB1 billval door open error??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 03:01:22 PM »
#1 rule of servicing a slot machine, DO NOT HOT-PLUG anything that is not USB.  Removing and re-installing a validator with power can cause all kinds of issues.

If you had the validator issues, you should try a known good validator replacement to rule out the head.  If the jumpers have not been moved and the machine worked with them, then they are correct, otherwise, no amount of removing and replacing the validator would fix it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
Re: BB1 billval door open error??
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
OK, now that I have been scolded, maybe someone can help. Continued bilval door error.

It has been nearly a year since I last tackled this machine. It has worked intermittently since this machine was purchased over a year ago. It will always stop with the door fault and will sometimes start after sitting powered up.  It has a WBA-13-SS bill validator, still having the bilval door open error. Jumper settings as below.
JP1 is RS232
JP2 is Cloop
JPS is Cloop
Dip switches on validator are all set to off.
Can anyone tell me what triggers this error? I am nearly clueless on Williams machines, although I have done several Bally S2000 and Gameking machines.
Does anyone have a bill validator for sale?
Where do I start troubleshooting?
Regards and thank you.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB1 billval door open error?? Still unresolved.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »
The dip switches or jumpers have nothing to do with your validator door error.  You most likely have a bad switch or harness issue.  The Bill validator Door open is linked to J10 on the bulkhead.  Pins 2 and and 24 should short if the validator door is closed.  Pull the plug and test these two pins with the door open and close to test the switch and wiring.  A quick fix would be to just make a jumper between these two pins and see if it goes away completely, if you still have a validator door open after you jump these two pins, then you either have an issue with the mpu or the bulkhead..
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:54 PM »
Thank you Mr. Hunter!
Exactly the information I was looking for. Are both door switch and and the cash box switch the same?
I appreciate your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 10:25:57 PM »
There are two switches associated with the bill validator.  The Bill validator door and the bill validator stacker switch.  One is open when the validator door is open and the other opens when you pull out the cash can.  I did not trace the switch for the cash can, although it should also be one of the connectors on J10.  Just look at the back of the validator, the stacker switch sticks out the back.  You can trace the wires from there.  The one I posted is a bit more difficult since the validator door switch is "hidden" on the right side of the validator cage.  You have to remove the cage to get access to the switch.  The switch is actuated by a plunger that pushes the switch in when you close the door.  The plunger is located on the right side of the validator cage about 3/4 of the way down.

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »
Rick Hunter
I have the door switch removed, it has high resistance on several contacts. I am replacing all three switches, the two door switches and the stacker switch. Thank you for telling me where to look, I will let you know how it goes.
Regards
Mike

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »
The dip switches or jumpers have nothing to do with your validator door error.  You most likely have a bad switch or harness issue.  The Bill validator Door open is linked to J10 on the bulkhead.  Pins 2 and and 24 should short if the validator door is closed.  Pull the plug and test these two pins with the door open and close to test the switch and wiring.  A quick fix would be to just make a jumper between these two pins and see if it goes away completely, if you still have a validator door open after you jump these two pins, then you either have an issue with the mpu or the bulkhead..
Well Mr. Hunter
I have replaced all of the door switches and the problem continues. I have traced the wiring and it appears to me that we are just talking of the black switch circuits. As the wires on the other end of the switches go to an unused connector in the upper box.
My switch pinouts are as follows:
Stacker pins 4 & 24
Stacker door 2 & 24
Main door 1 & 11
Belly door 6 & 11.
Do these bulkhead, back plane, interconnection boards (whatever it is called) fail in this manner?
Thank you again!
Mike

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 08:57:31 PM »
Sometimes a loose mpu will cause switch issues.  Pull the up the mpu and re-seat it and make sure it is all the way down and latched. It is rare for the backplanes to go bad, but sometimes they do.  It wouldn't hurt to switch it out, they are inexpensive and easy to switch.  Can you test your switch all the way to the molex plug to make sure they are closing coming into the plug?  If they are, then you probably have a backplane issue, or loose MPU issue.  These things are so beat up by the time they get to us, that sometimes you have one of the games that just beat you up.

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 10:18:02 AM »
Rick
I have ordered a backplane, I will let you know how it goes.
I did try to remove and reinstall the MPU, oddly my lock lever does not have the little locking tab on it. But it does seem to hold it tightly in place.
I did try holding the lock lever tightly down with no success.
Thanks again for your help.

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
Rickhunter
We are up and running again.
The new backplane set an EEPROM error, once I chipped it, everything came back to life.
Now if I can pay tables set correctly again, it will be perfect!
Thank you for your help!
Regards
Mike Moffitt

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: BB1 billval door open error?? Resolved, thank you RickHunter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 12:07:08 AM »
Mikey,

Can you take a few moments to show me how your bill validator is connected since it's working now?

Maybe snap a few pics or make a drawing?

I need to see which  :sherlock: wires are connected to the black and white harness coming out of the back of the validator...if any.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.  :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Mikey4026

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 02:59:17 PM »

Stayout
I only see two black with white at the bill validator harness connector.
All of the rest go into J10 at the backplane, coming from door and stacker switches.
I hope this helps. I cannot figure out how to post pictures, it looks like there needs to be some web host for them?
Mike

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »
That's okay...I had some help in the link below solving my BV problem and found out there was nothing wrong with the harness in question...>>>
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32332.msg171654#msg171654
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal