New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New arrival Bally 1096 (1098?) 777s jackpots only  (Read 835 times)

Offline DavidBelg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • DavidBelg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New arrival Bally 1096 (1098?) 777s jackpots only
« on: July 09, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »
Super happy with my new slot machine.
A 777s jackpots only.

The good thing is... I bought it thinking it was an E-series because of the red window in the top right.
But it turns out to be a pure five line jackpots only mechanical!

It has been in a pub in Belgium for years a long long time ago and the previous owner bought it from the pub owner.
It has been in storage since.

Before firing it up, I have one loose wire... any chance somebody can direct me where it belongs?  I think from a connector but not sure and don't see an obvious place where it should belong.
It's from the wireloom that goes the jackpot handle release coil stack, door switch, .. color yellow/red

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:05:42 PM by DavidBelg »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: New arrival Bally 1090-2760 777s jackpots only
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
the lower number on the plate is the serial number, the upper number is the full model number.  So you've got the base 1090 machine.

docs are available at http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/1090/

you've got a yellow/red wire going to the handle release plug, so that's wire 31-1.  31-1 goes to lots of switches and powers the "coin scavenger coil", which I assume is the coin lockout coil behind the coin mech that causes coins to be rejected?

in that area, 31-1 should be connected to a handle microswitch which should be on top of the handle box not visible in your pic (ya needed a few more inches lower in the photo :-))

it'd be item 2 on page 12 of the bally 5000 manual or page 44 of the bally 2600 manual (http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_manuals)

it's also possible the wire went up into the upper compartment to an insert plug for the "coin unit make at top" switch.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
View of inside a 1090 yellow red wire location.

Offline DavidBelg

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 08:15:12 AM »
Thank you so much for the info and picture.

I checked and I have indeed the double yellow wire and the single yellow/red wire in the sime wireloom part.
But I have no switch that reads the arm position.  Looking at the metal it seems it was never there, and looking at the double yellow wire it seems it was never connected to anything.  It just runs back and no isolation plastic is missing at all.

It's too short too to go to the upper part connecctor so I guess I will leave it disconnected and see how the machine behaves.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 10:34:17 AM »
One of the yellow wires goes to a button switch above the micro switch.
I believe this was use to interrupt the coin counter when servicing the machine, but I could be wrong.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
Regarding the flat key.
I have a 1088 built in 1980 with a coin in meter that reads 218,920.
Believe this machine was taken out of service soon after the E machine came into service.

The lock has a flat key that appears original.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 06:28:14 PM »
either of you guys got a pic of the entire inside of the door? 

the games I've seen have mechanical coin rejects - push the red button down and and the coin mech is mechanically shifted open to allow a stuck coin to drop out.

the "scavenger coil" implies it's being done electrically on the game.

fwiw, you don't need to hook up the yellow/red wire.  All it did was cause coins to be rejected unless the handle was in it's unpulled position.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 07:16:44 PM »
Photo of 1090. If I get a chance I’ll trace the circuit in question.
I think 31 wire is tied to the lock out coil.
Will check it out tomorrow.

Offline DavidBelg

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 09:14:22 AM »
Isn't this strange that the 1090 I find online are 3 coin (stake) multipliers and my machine is a jackpots only 5 line machine also with no 1090?
Anything else about the machine seems actually fully original.

I ran across pictures of someone with the same machine as mine (reels, graphics) but his label shows 1096.

Wrong plate, cabinet swapped once, or is this possible..?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »
the 1091 and 1099 were 5-line games.  The 1090 and 1096 were 3 and 5 coil multipliers (one line).  So yeah, your serial plate is bogus or someone swapped some of the guts between cabinets.

since your game is on tokens, it may be also be an aftermarket conversion.

got a link to the pictures of the other guy's game?

also got more pics of the insides and the lamp panel behind the upper glass?   The upper glass is more similar to a 1099, but I have very little info on the 1096 variants and the 1099.

also, what are the numbers stamped onto the slotted reel index discs and the m-645-xxx number on the payout counter disc?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 04:21:00 PM by wolftalk »

Offline DavidBelg

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
The insides tell me more towards 1096 or 1098.
This is my game:

Offline DavidBelg

• NLG
Re: New arrival Bally 1096 (1098?) 777s jackpots only
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 03:09:59 PM »
This is the one my friend has.  Very similar but no 3 relays in the top part (one is stepper unit reset, other step up, and first is coin diverter (when hopper is full)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 03:29:02 PM »
Over the years machines get altered.
I've do a couple alterations myself.
Changed jackpot only machines to fruit and symbols.

Bought an 809 machine that someone had replaced the jackpot reels with fruit and symbols reels,
but could figure out why it wouldn't work.
The wiper boards just need to be wired to the payout step up.

Another machine I added horseshoes in between the bars.
It was a little more work as I had to make new top glass and reel tapes.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
I go with davidLee's explanation.

neither the 1090 nor the 1096 was a multiple line game - they were both multiplier games - internals would be too different for bally to release a multiple line game under those model numbers.

converting a multiplier to a multiple line is a lot easier.  You rip out/ignore the pieces that handle multiplying the payout, rewire the reel wiper boards and maybe the coin unit a little, replace some glass and you're done.

did they add diodes onto the reel wipers or wiper boards?  Given your limited payouts, they may not be needed.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
Not sure if your machine has lights behind the top glass.
If that was my machine I would add flashers in strategic locations.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal