New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 952-a progressive nickle slot machine?  (Read 874 times)

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
952-a progressive nickle slot machine?
« on: July 18, 2020, 09:25:26 PM »
Someone has one for sale, he says its from the 70s, but there is a IGT thing on the side that says 12/82. Can anyone tell me how much they go for price wise, says it works great and it looks like its in pretty good condition. Thank you for your time and help

Offline Simple Sam

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Simple Sam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 952-a progressive nickle slot machine?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 01:19:06 PM »
I've seen IGT stickers on Bally games and always assumed it was because the operator traded them in on new IGT games.

Pricing on Bally games (and slot machines in general) seem to be strongly affected by the local market.  Around here (Reno and Northern CA), these games are fairly common.  The problem is that most of these games have been sitting and need repairs which can get expensive if you don't do them yourself. 

I saw one recently that was being sold by a local slot technician in fully working condition for an asking price of $900.  If I was in the market, I'd pay $800 for one that was 100% working but only a couple hundred if it wasn't in perfect working shape.  Keep in mind that if the top glass isn't perfect, it's not going to be readily replaceable without luck and cash.

Here's a couple from Craigslist.  These are a different model (3 coin, 3 line) but are progressives.
https://treasure.craigslist.org/atq/d/vero-beach-antique-slot-machine/7157747099.html
https://houston.craigslist.org/atq/d/spring-bally-em-slot-machines/7150536608.html

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:21:33 AM »
Thank you that was a big help, I was looking at one on craigslist in my area and the person was asking 1,900, says it works good, but no picture with the lights on or pictures of the inside. And I know what ypou mean about being pricey to get fixed, I had to pay someone to fix mine because i just couldnt figure out what was the problem, cost me almost $2,000, but it works great now. Thank you for your help

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
Are you talking about the one in Sacramento?  It looks nice but the belly glass is wrong and it appears to be missing the candle. I reached out to the guy but his price is so far out of line I didn't get anywhere.  Assuming it worked 100%, I would have offered $700 for that one. 

If you are in the Sacramento area, I'd recommend Monti's Slot Shop in Quincy for service.  He's very knowledgeable and has an extensive inventory of parts for Bally EMs.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:31:08 AM »
Repairing your own machines can be challenging, frustrating but also rewarding.  The forum here is a great place to get assistance and learn at the same time. To find the machine you want, it might take some driving and there is a risk that the photo might not accurately reflect the condition. That is the risk one takes for this hobby. I have seem double progressives for as low as $400-$500. I always negotiate and if a price cannot be agreed upon, move on and let the slot sit. Depending on how motivated the seller is he may realize he is asking too much and come down. I have seen that many times. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:37:15 PM »

Here for comparison either machine.  $500.00 EACH.

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 08:49:46 PM »

Here for comparison either machine.  $500.00 EACH.

Source? I'd take a look at that if somewhat local.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
Simi Valley, CA.

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 07:07:10 AM »
Simi Valley, CA.

I regularly check the CL ads for Southern California and often see things I'd like to check out.  It's just so far to go to find out the game has been misrepresented.  I've noticed this 902 [size=78%]http://https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/clt/d/brea-bally-5-cent-1-to-8-coin/7149335359.html[/size] in Brea which seems to be offered by a dealer (or hobbyist).  I see ads placed by this person on a regular basis where he indicates he is in the business of servicing machines; sounds like a potentially good source for turn key games if you're local.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:17:45 PM by Simple Sam »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 08:15:46 AM »
Not sure if I’ve heard a this person.
I like to buy machines not running and need work. And only Bally pre 1980 machines.
Best price and I know the machine when its finished.
Craigslist is about the best place to find machines.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
Thank you that was a big help, I was looking at one on craigslist in my area and the person was asking 1,900, says it works good, but no picture with the lights on or pictures of the inside. And I know what ypou mean about being pricey to get fixed, I had to pay someone to fix mine because i just couldnt figure out what was the problem, cost me almost $2,000, but it works great now. Thank you for your help

What on Earth did they do that cost $2000 to fix?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
The seller of those slot machines in Brea is a long time slot machine repairman. His name is Jim. He has a large selection of parts, if he can find what you are looking for.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 11:57:04 PM »

What on Earth did they do that cost $2000 to fix?
  installed a bell, unjamed hopper motor ( disassembled), made adjustment and reassembled, cleaned contacts on payout relay, cleaned all contacts in upper section, jackpot relay #1 and #2, cleaned face of odds unit, reassembled, cleaned contacts on back of odds unit, cleaned contacts on step up relay, cleaned contacts on reset relay, replaced 3rd reel stop arm (broken), checked all pays, adjusted coin acceptor to receive money, adjusted new coin lockout arm to receive money. Labor: Took apart reel mech. removed mainshaft, cleaned and degreased shaft resurfaced and debured, degreased mech. kicker- restops. cleaned and lub handle dash pot. they did alot of shit to it, it came out to $1200 Squires & corrie in san mateo.  I just couldnt figure it out, got help from here, got wiring diagrams The Bally slot machine Owners Pictorial Guide, just coukdnt figure out My Bally 809. It works great now though

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 10:26:48 AM »
Squires and Corrie do good work, but they are not cheap.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal