New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB IGT S2000 Main Power Supplies  (Read 543 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
WTB IGT S2000 Main Power Supplies
« on: September 15, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
Hello,

Are any of you electronics geniuses repairing the S2000 Power Supplies and then re-selling them?

I'm looking for a few good ones. Most of what comes in with my machine orders are either dead already, or not lasting more than a month or so.

I saw Cap Kits on Suzo Happ and ordered a few for the 3Y Power Supply, but they're back ordered until whenever. Due to Covid 19, of course.

There was a seller on eBay a while back who sold reworked ones, and I bought 10. They have all lasted for quite some time and are pretty reliable. But that seller is no longer around.

If anyone has some reconditioned ones for sale, let me know.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:56:33 PM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WTB IGT S2000 Main Power Supplies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 03:33:10 PM »
Check with Slot Rush in the Home page vender section. I’ve had pretty good luck buying from them.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 03:56:08 PM »
Have a contact now that may work out.

So hopefully I can send off a few to get repaired while waiting on my kits to show up.

Thanks for the messages.

Curtis ash100

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 04:13:01 PM »
There was or I should say that there is a thread, either on this sight or the old one that found a bad voltage regulator, or some other component that had failed other then just the caps.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
Thanks,

I'll do a little more research.

Curtis ash100

Offline jakah440

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
i had one that popped a zener diode in the start up circuit. replaced the caps and it and all was good.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »
I can repair all power supplies. Send me a PM if you would like information. My email should be available in my profile.
Curtis thanks for the email and I'll see if my reply here gets responses from others.
I've been working on electronics for over 40 years and am still working full time for a semiconductor company. I do the repairs as a hobby and would like to help where I can.
Tony   Trisail
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »
I can repair all power supplies. Send me a PM if you would like information. My email should be available in my profile.
Curtis thanks for the email and I'll see if my reply here gets responses from others.
I've been working on electronics for over 40 years and am still working full time for a semiconductor company. I do the repairs as a hobby and would like to help where I can.
Tony   Trisail

Hi Tony, 
Are you offer your knowledge of what normally goes wrong with these power supply’s or willing to do the repairs? I my self know a couple people who have small piles of these power supply’s. Most are like me, I have all of the tools to do repairs, but just not the trouble shooting capabilities. I’ve tried replacing the caps a couples different times, without any luck on bring back to life.
Gary
And remember...

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
I can do the repairs. I can offer help and I am doing a spreadsheet on the repairs. I have found schematics for some.

I purchased a lot of capacitors and other semiconductors anticipating doing a bunch of repairs. I can send parts if wanted.

I take pictures of the PCB's and mark and label the capacitors and other main components with part designator, part number, value, voltage and any other appropriate notes. (I've been doing this kind of work for quite a while now and there are some interesting manufacturer differences on parts, IE: as one example, the 8050 and 8550 transistors are not all the same pinout - EBC ECB for those of you who understand the part package details. There are others like this.)
I can share this information.

As for what usually fixes a power supply I would be more than happy to share. Real world - replacing aluminum electrolytic capacitors fixes 90+ % . This holds true for just about any electronic device- TV's, garage door openers the list goes on and on.

My experience on 15 or so WMS upper and lower supplies-
1 to 3 capacitors and/or 1 or both 1 meg ohm resistors fixed at least 12 of them.
One had a blown triac for the over voltage protection.
One had a blown main mosfet.

Some advice on power supplies. Everyone checks the DC voltage at one time or another. More importantly you need to check the AC ripple, that is the indicator for bad output filter capacitors. As a rule of thumb most power supplies should be below 50 mvAC, usually they run below 10 mvAC. When the aluminum electrolytic capacitors start going bad the AC ripple goes up. The capacitors are designed to filter out this noise. This is what causes the power supply to blow components as the current increases and heat increases and components blow. One of many possible indications of a power supply going bad is that the machine may have unexpected or intermittent problems. In an ideal world we would recap all our power supplies every 5 years or so. Preventive maintenance so to speak. Fans and cooling are major concerns and very important for long reliability, cabinet and power supply fans, these don't get checked very often. Even if they are spinning doesn't actually mean they are working properly, dust buildup is a major factor for failures.

Guess I should stop here, could go on forever. Maybe I need to see about a sticky post for power supplies, we will see if I can keep up with this as more members read this. May have opened that proverbial can of worms LOL.

Tony    trisail
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Thanks for that explanation. I wish my High School back in the day had offered a class on electronics and electronics repair. We had the basics, wood shop, auto shop, drafting and metal shop and welding. I took the other classes, and they all have proved to be very helpful in my life. I’m sure I will not being the only person who will be showing interest in repairing power supply’s.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal