New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5000 Plus not cooperating at all w/ramclear or anything else.  (Read 1281 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Ok,  I got this machine the way most people seem to get the 5000+'s, broken & cheap. Replaced the battery, want to do a complete ramclear to see where it gets me before I go shelling out 60 bucks for what appears to be the only place that sells a homemade pin pad to complete the setup.  If I turn on the machine I get the loud alarm and a 5.0 in the Win and F in Last In and 0 in Coin In.  When I close the door I get two dots in the Win, 5535 in the Paid and still the F0 in the ones below. (Attaching pics)

I read somewhere here to simply pop out the top board to somehow force it into a ram clear.  When I pull that board out a bit, the machine powers on but no action whatsoever, nothing in the displays just darkness and disappointment.

So I go ahead and order the clear chips, I do ahead and take out the piggybacked board, replace the chips with the clear chips, the instructions at that point don't actually say to put the piggyback board back on or not before inserting the board but either way, I never get anything in the displays (yes I tried it both ways).

I never got a ch or cl.

Any ideas before I start parting out the cabinet items and glass on eBay?
(please respond here as even tho I have donated a couple time here (not much, I'm poor)), I'm still limited to 10 emails in my mailbox and that fills pretty quickly. 
Thanks

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Re: Bally 5000 Plus not cooperating at all w/ramclear or anything else.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 10:48:09 AM »
Nobody can help with this?
(sorry, no matter what I do the pic gets sideways after I upload it)

Offline Ash100

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 04:43:32 PM »
Was hoping that this would be helpful, as I to have managed to aquire 3 of the 5000+ machines.

I'll start working on them one day.

Have you searched around in the forum's section for the procedures? I downloaded the clear instructions posted above, but in English from there. So I know your clear procedure is listed there somewhere.

Good luck.

Curtis ash100

Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline coorslight115

• Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 07:58:23 PM »
Bally 5000 - RAM CLEAR PROCEDURES

Method 1

Using Initializing EPROM's on Vacuum Displays only. Also see other methods before using this one.

1) Switch off machine
 2) Remove MPU board and swap U-12 & U-15 with INITILIZING EPROM's
 3) Replace board
 4) Switch on and wait about 30 seconds for initializing sequence to complete.
 5) Switch off
 6) Replace original MAIN EPROM's
 7) Replace Board & Switch on.

Method 2

Use this procedure if the machine is equipped with a door distribution board number: AS-3356-74

1) Switch off machine
 2) Remove the J-1 connector on the door distribution board.
 3) Jump pin 5 and pin 11 together.
 4) Press and hold the pseudo coin button on the door distribution board
 5) Switch on and wait until the win meter displays "CH" before releasing the button.
 6) The win meter display should change to "CL" and all the buttons should flash.
 7) Switch off and return J-1 connector.

Method 3

Use this procedure if the machine is equipped with MPU chips ME600002-T to ME600002-Z at U-12 & U-15.

1) Switch off machine
 2) Install jumper J-14 on the MPU board.
 3) Press and hold the pseudo coin button on the door distribution board.
 4) Switch on & wait until the win meter displays "SF" the push the test button on the MPU board.
 5) The win meter display should change to "CL P" and all the button should flash.
 6) Switch off and remove J-14.

Method 4

Use this procedure with main programs ME600002-T to ME600002-Z

1) Switch off machine
 2) Remove J1-15 on MPU and place on J-14
 3) To clear all RAM , including game options , depress and hold the pseudo-coin button ( not if options must stay )
 4) Switch on
 5) When the "SF" or "SAFERAM ENABLED" message appears , quickly sepress the test button. Releas the pseudo button.
 6) IF performing a ALL RAM CLEAR - Switch off when "CL" or "SAFERAM CLEARED" appears.
 7) IF performing a RAM CLEAR , but save options - Swicth of when "CL P" or "OPTIONS SAVED" appears.
 8) Replace J-14 to its original position.
 9) Switch on
 10) Game should return to normal door-open condition; flashing lights indicate problems;
 FLASH ERROR
 1 Main EPROM Checksum error
 2 Supplement EPROM checksum error
 3 Personality EPROM checksum error
 4 Volatile RAM read/write failure
 5 NON-Volatile RAM read/write failure
 6 NON-Volatile RAM error , Battery removed , ect.

Method 5

Use this method if none of the above worked…

1) Switch off machine
 2) Remove your MPU board only
 3) Use a Bally 5000 Plus TEST-RIG and insert MPU board
 4) Hold pseudo-coin button and press RAM_CLEAR
 5) Insert board in machine and reset door open tilt (87) with JP reset
 6) Reset Reel tilts

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 10:52:00 AM »
So I decided to ramclear it again,  now after I get finished I get a alternating 4.6 and ..JP in the WIN window and solid JP in the PAID window. Wouldn't running the clear chips have removed any jackpot that would have been in memory or am I reading this wrong and heading in the right direction?

Offline mrcrazy

• mrcrazy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 12:59:18 AM »
After you see the 46 & the JP hit the reset button on the cpu, black left button on the front of the cpu.....
Greg

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 11:13:47 AM »

After hitting the reset button I now have 2 dots in the WIN window and 5334 in the PAID window and 5 in the LAST IN and 0 in the COIN IN windows. Is this the point that I would need a keypad for it or is this the point that tells me that it is still hosed up? I do get the alarm and a 50 when I open the main door and also I get alarm and blinking button & candle when I hit the change/service button.

After you see the 46 & the JP hit the reset button on the cpu, black left button on the front of the cpu.....
Greg
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:37:14 AM by mwade109 »

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
Sounds like its booted, hit the pseudo red coin button in the back of the door with door open & see if you can play it.....
Greg

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 04:01:18 PM »

Well, the machine works great provided I put credits in thru the pseudo coin button. Hopper works fine too.  Any idea on getting the coin comparitor working?
Thanks.

Sounds like its booted, hit the pseudo red coin button in the back of the door with door open & see if you can play it.....
Greg

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 06:07:39 PM »
Youre almost there!!! its probably the coin comparator... common. Im assuming you have the cc-62 model which is in most...has a black box with wires attached to your coin mech. on the black box you need a VERY SMALL phillips to adjust the sensitivity of the coin passing through (you did add a coin in the coin comparator right? you need one for it to "compare" to) turn the adjustment knob a few times all the way back & fourth to kinda clean it, then set it farthest to the MINUS... meaning it wont be very sensitive..... then close the door and pray!!
Let me know, sounds like youre almost home....
Greg

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 06:17:16 PM »
Yeah, I tried the sensitivity already and no change, replaced the coin just in case.  What concerns me is that the 'Insert Coin' is not lighting or blinking (yes, I put new bulbs in). Is there any test I can do for it, either thru the game of with my trusty multimeter?

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 04:50:25 PM »

I wish that was the case, I bought another comparator combo on eBay that was posted as tested and working but it changed nothing on my machine. At this point, I have 265.00 into the machine, clear chips, programming keypad, cant put anything more into it and unless something strange happens and I go ahead and try another ramclear and it works, I will be parting it out by the end of the month.

If I DO part it out, do you know what chips I pull off to sell with the reel strips? I know what ones when it comes to IGT S+ or S2000 but not this machine from hell.

Youre almost there!!! its probably the coin comparator... common. Im assuming you have the cc-62 model which is in most...has a black box with wires attached to your coin mech. on the black box you need a VERY SMALL phillips to adjust the sensitivity of the coin passing through (you did add a coin in the coin comparator right? you need one for it to "compare" to) turn the adjustment knob a few times all the way back & fourth to kinda clean it, then set it farthest to the MINUS... meaning it wont be very sensitive..... then close the door and pray!!
Let me know, sounds like youre almost home....
Greg

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal