New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New To Forum and Picked Up My First Slot  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Hazmat9US

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hazmat9US New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New To Forum and Picked Up My First Slot
« on: March 25, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
Good Day, new to the forum and glad to be here.  I know nothing about slot machines, but I do restore EM pinball machines and jukeboxes.  I purchased a Bally slot about a week ago and I'm excited to learn as much as I can about them.  I "Googled" the model number however found nothing.....it's a Bally Model # S62M3CT10.  It works great, however the fluorescent bulbs are all out.  The bulb in the belly is barely lit on the ends....it first looked like a starter issue, however I can't find any starters.  Do you know what manual I need and if there are starters on this slot....or maybe it could be the ballast but all bulbs are out...even tried a new bulb...no go (with the exception of the belly bulb that barely glows on the ends).  Any help would be appreciated.  Again, glad to be here!  Steve

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: New To Forum and Picked Up My First Slot
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:14 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Manufacturer's model numbers don't help us much here.  Post a couple pictures of it from the front, and one of the interior and I'm sure someone will identify it for you.  The photos have to be less than 1MB in size, so you'll probably have to resize them before posting.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »
If it is a 5500 or 6000 model , the starters are behind the upper glass on the backside of the fluorescent light bracket. All 3 starters are there.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
When you determine whether the machine is a Bally EM or Bally 5000, 6000 then please start a new thread in the forum corresponding to your machine. But go ahead and post the picture here so the guys can figure out what it is!  :yes:

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Hazmat9US

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »
Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, all this is new.  Like other coin-op games, I thought finding a manual would be easy.  Just need an idea on if and where they are starters for the bulbs.  I've attached some photos.  Thanks, Steve

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 04:36:44 PM »
It's a Bally 5500. The starters are behind the upper glass. And mounted on the backside of the flourescent light fixture.

Offline Hazmat9US

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 07:18:45 PM »
Fantastic, thank you so much!!

Offline Hazmat9US

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »
Would the Bally Pro Slot 5500 Set Up and Operation Manual be the one I reference for future questions?  Also, just curious, I didn't see anything in the manual in regards to maintenance like oiling/cleaning...is there another reference I should be looking at?  Thanks, Steve

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 07:28:17 AM »
Yes Pro slot 5500. There is no oiling. They are maintence free. Battery on MPU will need changed eventually and the only other part that goes bad on these is the power supply. Battery and power supply are easy fix. 5500 model is a robust machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal