New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2: Slow blinking green LED on MEI Mars BV  (Read 973 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
WMS BB2: Slow blinking green LED on MEI Mars BV
« on: April 26, 2021, 11:14:08 AM »
[Bill Val Comm error]
RS232 jumpers on bulkhead board the answer?
All 6 jumpers are set onto bottom two of 3 pins...still no go.
Machine configured to "MARS Billval"

Two green LEDs on bill entry guide is flashing dimly fairly quickly but the one single green diagnostic LED on top of the MARS head on the left is flashing slowly....will never turn solid green.

Wont accept bills in diagnostic tests.
Will not compute CRC values either - like as if it's not connected.
Head is known good....will swap rear interface card to see what happens.

Video link below...>>>

https://youtu.be/U1-oExjVBKQ
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:30:54 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS BB2: Slow blinking green LED on MEI Mars BV
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »
Easytrax enabled on the validator?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 08:18:55 PM »
No....I found a bad ground wire that goes to the white wire in the 2-wire white harness.

I never did swap out the BV interface and I don't really know offhand the difference between an EasyTrax interface and a non-EasyTrax card anyways.

I was too lazy to pull out schematics....I just checked for continuity with a multimeter between the bulkhead connector and the BV.

How did I find it? I shook the harness near the back of the BV and watched the Entry guide lights go off/on intermittently. :rotfl:

Someone used a cheap crimper tool on the wire tabs - they cut thru the stranded wire.

It was hanging on only by the vinyl wire covering.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »
The easytrax issue really only applies to the head, there's no way to tell unless you hook the head with a USB cable to a pc runing the mei software.  There is a difference in the control boards, as they have a piggybacked easytrax board, but it doesn't do anything unless the validator has the option enabled.  You could safely remove the easytrax board from the control board with no issues and use it on a non-easytrax enabled head.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:30 PM »
In any event, the BV is up and working.
I didn't re-program anything and have no knowledge of whether or not it has EasyTrax enabled or not.
Unless there's something in the machine's internal records accounting that may show this?

I suppose I  could give MEI a call in the morning and see what they say.
I love calling those big companies...haha
They ask me all kinds of questions every time I call them.
In the end, they always say..."Well, we're sorry...we don't think we can help you".
So I ask politely "Why not?"...they go....>>>> "We don't really cater to slot homeowners....blah blah blah"
Then I ask again "Why?"....more "blah, blah, blah" ....
I should record the conversation and play it here...it's really quite a hoot usually!  :24:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 10:15:52 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
There's no record of any kind on the machine.  If the validator worked before, then it was not enabled.  An mei head with easytrax on will never work without a cash can that has the rfid tag on it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »
okay..I have 160 heads and I think only two are enabled.
All of the interfaces have have the piggyback board.
Only those two heads shoot out 4/5 red diagnostic blinks.
The rest work fine with any cash box.
Going to look for the MEI program and see if I can disable them.
Many do not take ones....only fives and up.
I have to make a coupon. and enable the ones I think?

Online rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 09:17:54 AM »
Yes, the special ticket or you can enable using software.  I have a friend that can do it locally, so whenever I have head with the issue, I just go to his place to do it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 01:47:42 PM »
Only takes $5 dollar bills and up video.
Must of been in the high roller section before they threw it out...>>>

https://youtu.be/WiDJAFu9HTs

**Solved**
Had to disable the EasiTrax settings and remove the antenna cards on the heads with the STS programmer.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:33:04 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal