New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mills slot machine, how old?  (Read 10056 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Mills slot machine, how old?
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
Is their any way to tell how old a mills slot machine is. One of the stickers inside says bell on it but can't read all of it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:34:32 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: How old
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
most mill reel strips say 1910 0n them even ones from 40,s and 50,s post a pic

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »
i actually did some digging in a couple old slot books and online it looks like it a 40s mills high-top quarter machine. i got it working yesterday it was a lot easier to fix than i taught it would be.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:13:41 AM »
And how did you fix it? (for future referents)  :yes:
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Replaced the spring that goes between the reel stop arm and the thing that holders the pay slides forward.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: Mills slot machine, how old?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
Great you got it running. :applause:  Since I take it your kinda new to this, what ever you do, DO NOT put WD40 or anything on the slides. They will work fine just cleaned. Any lubrication will cause problems with dirt and sticking down the road.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
Slides were good fingers were rusty looked like someone soaked the entire mech in something corosive, I have worked on a few mills and Watlings. This is just the first one that was actually mine so I have never needed to know an age befor. I have a few people that want to buy it and they want to know how old it is.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
put up a pic  they made high tops for almost 20 years

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »
Not usually the case for corrosion. A great deal of machines spent their life on the beach or close to it and were stored near there when they had to be. Most corrosion I have seen is from salt air. Nasty stuff.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »
also  could be a repo that was made with junk metal

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
Trying to add pics but it's not happy

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:52:23 AM by Ron (r273) »

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »
now why did it do that.

on my computer and on my phone they are not sideways i dot know how to rotate them. stupid apple.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »
nice   real mills  that's no repo and being a 25 cent machine is  very good for price

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »
im not sure i want to sell it yet. i don't even know what its worth. i know a few people that know value on them and im going to let them see it before i do anything with it. the fact that i have had 3 people in 2 days walk in see it on the bench and make offers tells me its desirable tho.

also i think it does have some repo parts in it mostly small stuff. one of the horizontal fingers has been changed and the metal plates that line the inside of the cabinet look modern, and a few springs. i have seen a clone or repo watling rol-a-top once you can usually tell the new metal from old.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »
Different areas get different prices , most high tops I see sell in auctions bring 1000 /1300 ,your is a 25  cent one worth a few 100 more if I had it I would ask 1500

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 05:58:27 AM »
I dont believe that the security shields that line the cabinet are repo's Usually when one works on a machine like that, its easy to take them off and throw a coat of grey primer to them to make them look clean and new.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:33 AM »
Since you did the pics on the phone, did you have your phone sideways? If might rotate on your phone but not on an upload. If this is the case, try taking the pics with your phone upright and see if it works.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 07:51:53 AM »
Check your pics now.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 02:08:39 PM »
There You go ... glad to see everything is right side up now.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
Thanks for fixing them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal