New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt s2000 or igt s2000 vision display not working  (Read 5113 times)

Offline Jackalhdz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jackalhdz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Igt s2000 or igt s2000 vision display not working
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »
Ok.  Try a different ground point maybe.  Any interior metal surface should be good.  Also make sure the probes are making contact with the pins in the connector.  With voltages that low the MPU wouldn't boot and your lights wouldn't work either (the fluorescent lights work off the 25vdc power supply through an electronic ballast).
I’ve tested a brand new battery (3v 2025)circular battery and it’s reading 3.2v  so I know it’s reading good.  Tested again and I’m getting lower results. Oh and now I only have 3 yellow lights and a green light on the mpu bard

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2021, 08:10:57 PM »
Your multimeter is set on 200Vdc...could you put it on 20Vdc when checking smaller voltages?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:06:02 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2021, 08:30:06 PM »
Your multimeter is set on 200vdc...could you put it on 20vdc when checking smaller voltages?

I put it a 20v 3.47 on the red wire 7.2 but it seems like it’s just losing power it keeps dropping on its self. At times when I turn on the machine it turns of for a quick second.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2021, 08:51:50 PM »
OK, let's try this.  Check the voltage on the motherboard at J13 pins 3 and 4.  Pin 3 will be a red wire, pin 4 orange.  This is the power input connector directly from the power supply to the motherboard. 

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2021, 09:46:49 PM »
OK, let's try this.  Check the voltage on the motherboard at J13 pins 3 and 4.  Pin 3 will be a red wire, pin 4 orange.  This is the power input connector directly from the power supply to the motherboard.

Okay so while I waited for your responses I left the meter hooked up to J9 red wire and over 30 mins it dropped to 2.98
I checked the voltage on the j13 red wire and it’s showing 1.24 and keeps dropping orange pin is at 3.17 and keeps dropping

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2021, 10:31:57 PM »
wow....your power supply is like almost dead...with those readings.

Is the power supply pushed all the way to the right up in there behind the reels?

It must be not making full contact with the pins?

Pull out the reels and make sure that PS is making full contact to the right-side Molex header.

With the power cord pulled outta the wall, you can actually stick your right hand up there behind the Molex and use your left hand to push the power supply body towards your right hand....making sure the Molex and all of it's pins are pushed into each other.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »
wow....your power supply is like almost dead...with those readings.

Is the power supply pushed all the way to the right up in there behind the reels?

It must be not making full contact with the pins?

Pull out the reels and make sure that PS is making full contact to the right-side Molex header.

With the power cord pulled outta the wall, you can actually stick your right hand up there behind the Molex and use your left hand to push the power supply body towards your right hand....making sure the Molex and all of it's pins are pushed into each other.

Just did that and I’m getting same results. I might as well order a new power supply. Question it wouldn’t matter that it’s a igt s2000 vision right? Should be the same voltage as the s2000. And would the power supply prevent the reels from boot up or is that something with the mpu board? 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »
An IGT s2000 and an IGT S2000 Vision ready machine use the same power supplies.

The MPU is just not getting enough juice to complete any boot up sequence.

I'm surprised the LEDs are even lighting up any.

edit
I should of noticed SCM mentioned in Reply #21 for you to make sure the power is screwed in tight.
Sounds like he also suspected something was up with that thing.
When a senior member is making suggestions like that, he 's a man of experience with slots ....probably been in the business longer than dirt - you should listen to him.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2021, 11:11:40 PM »
An IGT s2000 and an IGT S2000 Vision ready machine use the same power supplies.

The MPU is just not getting enough juice to complete any boot up sequence.

I'm surprised the LEDs are even lighting up any.

edit
I should of noticed SCM mentioned in Reply #21 for you to make sure the power is screwed in tight.
Sounds like he also suspected something was up with that thing.
When a senior member is making suggestions like that, he 's a man of experience with slots ....probably been in the business longer than dirt - you should listen to him.

Oh I definitely do, I listen to everyone’s suggestions and I greatly appreciate anyone that is trying to help me with this problem. I’ll put a order in for a power supply. I’ll keep you guys updated when it gets here

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »

Okay guys two power supplies came in and these are the voltage I’m getting on both new ones

J13
Pin 3 orange left 10.4
Pin 3 orange right 10.2
Pin 4 red left 3.9
Pin 4 red right 3.9

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2021, 06:55:18 PM »
What values is your multimeter set to?

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2021, 07:24:19 PM »

DC voltage

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2021, 10:35:38 PM »
Are those voltage measurements with the power supply installed in the machine?
Something is dragging the voltage down.
Try unplugging all of the fluorescent light power packs disconnected and see what happens.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2021, 06:02:32 AM »

DC voltage

Something is screwed up in your readings that you're getting?
Try using the 20vdc setting....not 200 perhaps?

But yeah...like Qbert says, something's dragging down your voltage output big time.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »

DC voltage

Something is screwed up in your readings that you're getting?
Try using the 20vdc setting....not 200 perhaps?

But yeah...like Qbert says, something's dragging down your voltage output big time.

I’ll try but from experience I think the 200 is just for reading higher voltage. But I’ll try. Oh I have this connected on the cabinet. Idk what this is for though

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2021, 11:53:47 AM »
I’m starting to believe it’s my mpu or motherboard. How do I tell if I need the green battery on my mpu? And which mpu do I have by the pictures I posted so I can plan on buying a spare. Here’s another picture of the numbers I see on the top right of the board. And would you think this is enough of spilled acid to ruin a board?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »
Try unplugging all of the electronic fluorescent ballast from the input side. I believe on a vision machine there are four. One for the lower door, one for the reels  and two in the top box.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2021, 12:06:25 PM »
That's a 500 series board and yours does look pretty bad from Varta corrosion. 504 boards are commanding the highest price because they don't have they the speaker hum. But I believe you can use a 502 without issue because vision sound comes from the top box. Even an A board will work if I'm not mistaken

I would still try my post above first.

Offline Jackalhdz

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2021, 01:25:54 PM »
Try unplugging all of the electronic fluorescent ballast from the input side. I believe on a vision machine there are four. One for the lower door, one for the reels  and two in the top box.

I unplugged all 4 ballast and it fell to .05 and sometimes to negative digits

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »
Yeah. That battery corrosion is pretty bad. Those traces are toast.
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal