New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Vision Pink Panther  (Read 1718 times)

Offline RED7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • RED7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Vision Pink Panther
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals.... Been a long time since a made a post on here! Been crazy busy.. Wish i had more time to play with these machines.

Well I was hoping to find the answer to the following..

Have a Vision S2000 with Top Monitor (Pink Panther) Since I got the machine I have not been able to get it to boot. The machine goes threw its paces and stops at "Waiting for Video Display" The top monitor goes threw its paces and gets stuck at the Hour glass spinning in the middle of the screen. There is a small windows style icon in the bottom left hand corner as well. I have tried the following

Swapped out MPU with a known working one, But cant complete the setup because it gets stuck at the same point.  I have check the data connector from the bottom power supply, replaced power supply, replaced input output boards. Disconnected Audio board. Re-Seated the Top card in top monitor (no side card present), Replaced the Bottom communications box and all battery's.

When the machine is powered up the bill acceptor makes its usual noise and the machine gets stuck, then after about 5 minutes the top monitor re-boots and the bill acceptor re loads again, and this happens over and over.

When I bought the machine, It booted fine, when I got it home ... No such luck. Just trying to narrow down what it could be, I don't have another top monitor or software to try, I have tons of S2000 machines, but this is the only vision machine.

I have read a couple similar threads before posting, There solutions unfortunately didn't work.. Thanks for your time folks..

Steve

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Vision Pink Panther
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
When you bought it, it worked? Then you brought it home and it didn't anymore? Next big question, was it already running when you first saw it? I've had a few problems with Visions but love them anyway. If machine was laid on it back, check everywhere for coins or anything stuck under wiring or boards. Most of my visions came from New Jersey and had the NJ version chip that takes 7-9 minutes to boot up. My pick a panther has 380 game 1&2 and 339 reel chip with 0011gx1 version and boots in 2:15 minutes as do all my others except Munster match which boots in less than a minute. I had one machine doing similar to yours and replacing the back plane mother board did it. It was not making a good connection. All of my visions have the 960 stepper/video board not the standard 960. Now if you happen to have 248 game 1&2 then version vs009gx0 is your fastest boot chip. I hope this helps.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline RED7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • RED7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Vision Pink Panther
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
Awesome , thanks for the detailed information. I will have a look tommrow and see exactly what chip sets I have. Possibly try another back board.

When I did pick up machine is was working, I purchased many machines the same day, all machines stayed up right in a cube can. Possibly the bumpiness of the ride home might have cause something to loosen. Will let you know how I make out.

Thanks

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal