New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Harbor Freight 1000 LB Hydraulic lift cart  (Read 9481 times)

Offline kb8yrw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • kb8yrw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Harbor Freight 1000 LB Hydraulic lift cart
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
Just a heads up that the 1000 LB cart just dropped 20 bucks today and is on sale now for $239. I used a 20% off coupon and that brought it down to $191.99. The 1000lb cart lifts higher and meets my tailgate on my Ram 1500 perfectly. I discovered I needed this when I brought my first slot home and realized my kids don't live here anymore and the wife wasn't to willing to help get it off the truck. Plus I'm just getting to old (fat) to crouch on my knees and work on stuff anymore. I looked at the 500LB cart and this one is physically larger and a lot heavier. I think I am really going to use this.  :applause:
In the end the one with the most toys wins!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Harbor Freight 1000 LB Hydraulic lift cart
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »
I got mine last week for $249, what a life saver, and I don't have to ask the neighborhood kids to help.

The only problem was a friend helped me assemble the first one (they don't come assembled) and he tried to lift it out of the back of the truck where it was assembled.

It dropped 2 feet to the ground and two of the wheels shattered.

Took it back to HF and they gave me another one... to assemble.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Denny

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I have both the 1000 and the 500 and they are great.  I'll tell you the 1000 weighs a lot if you are going to lift it onto the back of a pickup.  I use it to move my pinball machines and I must use ramps to get it onto the pickup.  Hey, at 70 years old I need the wife to help lift "the you know what" when I have to go to the bathroom  :24:  :rotfl:  :drool04: (Now you might think that's funny, but that's really her laughing !! )  Lifts are great ! Highly recommended !
Denny

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
Cant go wrong with the 1000# lift. Had mine for several years. You will love it.  :applause: Yes they are quite a bit heavier than the 500# one but much sturdier.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
I own 2 of the 500 lb lifts. They have been a life save, and back saver :applause: I have wished they went up a little higher a few times, maybe I'll have to go look a 1000 lb one.. I just wish they went down about 2-3" farther.. I was thinking of looking at the motorcycle lift jacks they have to see if you could put a steel top on one. They sit down low..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
Let me see if I can point out what could go wrong with a 1000# lift that weighs 190 #. Your going to use a 1000# lift to pick up a 225# slot machine and put it in the back of a pickup truck, now you need to put this 190# lift into the same truck so you have something to unload the slot machine on the other end.

I don't think I need to say anymore, if you haven't figured which direction I was going in your more F/U than I thought.

Gary If sometimes you need the lift to go just a bit higher, place a 4X4 about a foot long behind each of the steering ( front ) tires and back the truck up onto the 4X4s ( front of truck goes up, tail gate goes down ) If you drive a Chevy truck you may want to cut the ends of the 4X4 at a angle, a Chevy needs all the help it can get.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
Let me see if I can point out what could go wrong with a 1000# lift that weighs 190 #. Your going to use a 1000# lift to pick up a 225# slot machine and put it in the back of a pickup truck, now you need to put this 190# lift into the same truck so you have something to unload the slot machine on the other end.

I don't think I need to say anymore, if you haven't figured which direction I was going in your more F/U than I thought.

Gary If sometimes you need the lift to go just a bit higher, place a 4X4 about a foot long behind each of the steering ( front ) tires and back the truck up onto the 4X4s ( front of truck goes up, tail gate goes down ) If you drive a Chevy truck you may want to cut the ends of the 4X4 at a angle, a Chevy needs all the help it can get.

Gee I'm so glad you pointed that out to me. I never realized how F/U I really am. I know people have been pointing it out to me most of my life but it really never sank in until you brought it to my attention  :duh: I guess I probably won't ever use it for lifting anything else besides slot machines out of my truck so I'll just take it back.  :24:
Thanks Buzz  :Crazy:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 07:19:52 AM »
Buzz....
Most of the time I use mine for loading & unloading machines that need repairs or have been repaired, and the customer usually brings them by, and picks them up... On the rare occasion where I need to take on with me, I take the smaller one.. The person I usually get my older machines from has his own lift.
As for the 4x4 board thing, no thanks..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »
I only use mine at home too. No way would I lift it back into the truck. :no: If I have to deliver a machine I usually slide the machine from the tailgate to the ground then use a handcart or refrigerator dolly. Agree it would be a pita to have to load that cart.

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 08:03:55 AM »
I was showing the cart to my 68 yo neighbor this morning and he is going to HF today to get one. I told him I would bring mine over to lift his out of the truck.  I need to stop him because Buzz says it is a bad idea  :fryingpan: Seriously though I really have no intention of loading mine into a truck unless I have a definite need and some help! I will most likely use it just to service stuff around the garage so I can stay off my knees. I have a ride on motorcycle lift that I bought to work on the Harley's but it is too big to roll around for the small stuff. I was going to buy the 500# lift but for the price difference it made more sense to buy the bigger one.

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »
Yeah, I bought the 500 lb first and used it a lot for many different things.  One day I wanted to move one of my pinball machines.  The 500 lb didn't work, it could handle the weight but the cart wasn't long enough to get far enough under the machine without the machine tilting.  SCARRRRRRRY !  So I bought the 1000, not for the weight but for the length of the cart.....works great, wouldn't do without it.
Denny

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
I have the 500 # version..been bulletproof except for the lack of ground clearance.
Attached a few HF flyers for your enjoyment....

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
I just bought the 500 pound cart for schlepping slots around my garage. I found a 20% discount coupon, then searched a little more and found a 25% coupon code. The shipping was only $6.99 which is ridiculously low, so I'm just having it shipped to my house rather than use gas and time to drive 20 minutes to the store.

500 lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart [/t] 60730 1  $159.99     
  Subtotal                    [/t][/t]  $159.99                     
  Shipping & Handling                    [/t]  $6.99                     
  Discount (52526026)                    [/t]  -$40.00                     
  Tax            [/t] $9.60 
  Grand Total [/t]  $136.58
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 08:01:23 PM »
That's a great deal.  You'll love it.  I'm pretty lucky, the  store id less than 1 mile from home and they assembled it for me.  You'll get plenty of use out of it for lots of different things.
Denny

Offline cyenergy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 07:58:30 PM »
OSHA does not approve of one man or woman lowering and raising a 350 plus machine alone.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »
Well I don't worry about OSHA.. I don't think they have any say what I do around my house..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal