New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Battery???? IGT/Jenning - closed - battery replaced  (Read 6474 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Battery???? IGT/Jenning - closed - battery replaced
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
Name tag says IGT, Model Jenni

which side of battery holder is the + side (see pic)
can I use a lithium battery in place of the NiCad?  What is the voltage of the nicad and where can I get one

thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:33:01 PM by rjpohl »

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Battery???? IGT/Jenning
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »
It's a Jennings 400 that some time or other was reconditioned by IGT. It needs a 3 cell NiCd battery, like it says on the board. If you put in a lithium it will either burn or explode. A replacement cordless phone battery generally works ok if it has three cells, but make sure it's NiCd and not NiMH. The red wire is the positive end.

The TJM label is the original. TJM was the company that took over and combined Mills, Jennings, Keeney and a number of smaller slot makers in the 1960s.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:23:14 PM »
"It will either burn or explode...".....No pressure there!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Op-Bell

• Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
I once had a lithium memory backup battery explode when it got reverse charged. The bang was stupendous and the destruction impressive.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 05:32:07 AM »
I had already ordered a Nicad battery but it has 4 cells, is it ok to use it?

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 10:47:44 AM »
The voltage will be too high if you use it as-is and it won't work, but don't worry, it's usually easy to remove or bypass one of the cells. Let me see a picture of it.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »
Attached is picture of battery.
I put it on board before I saw your post about removing 1 cell.  I had it plugged in for a while and checked voltage and it was 4.8v.  I left it on (at my shop) so I can't turn it off until tomorrow morning.  Hope this doesn't damage it???
When I first put the board back in (with the new battery) the bell started ringing.  It finally went off after taking board in and out several times, pressing reset button, turning jackpot reset key.  The call attendant light stays on, will not accept coins, meter reads 000 but goes up 1 every time I turn power off then back on.  Right now meter reads 005.

I've cleaned all the plugs on boards.

thanks
Bob

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
4.8V is ok, but the battery will only be anout 10% charged. Best to remove a cell. Cut through the plastic to release the end cell. It's attached to the next cell by a flat nickel tab, cut this, leaving most of it on the next cell. Cut the wire off the other end of the free cell, solder it to the nickel tab on the next cell. Tape up and you have a 3.6V battery like the original.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.
Any suggestions on repairing?

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
Any suggestions on repairing?

LOL, if only. Those old Jennings boards can have multiple problems and they're all different.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Battery???? IGT/Jenning - closed - battery replaced
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
Here is what I have on the Jennings 400, hope it helps.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
Re: Battery???? IGT/Jenning - closed - battery replaced
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal