New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Lighted Hold/Draw/Deal Buttons Any Fix?  (Read 8363 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Lighted Hold/Draw/Deal Buttons Any Fix?
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
While I wait patiently for some help with the "21" game chip to keep the thing from paying out on every hand dealt I wanted to work on a common problem for both of my Fortune machines...

Both the Poker and the 21 game have the control buttons that light up MOST OF THE TIME.  With a slight tap they light up as they should.  I have gone in from the underside to inspect the plugs in the panel and I have simply pried the square button out from the top.  I cant see anything that prevents the button from making contact all of the time.  Is there an ancient Chinese Secret to consistant performace with these buttons?  Please advise...

Thank you group
Ra
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:22:24 AM by RiseLikeRa »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Lighted Hold/Draw/Deal Buttons Any Fix?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:34 AM »
Not sure what problem you are having??    buttons do not light up or buttons do not function.     if it is the lamps, you may have to take out the twist and turn socket and clean the internal contact. there is a stop on the bottom of the housing that when it is made flush with the contact will allow the contact to come out of the housing.  if it is the button not responding, then replace the cherry switch, as these switches age they develop a high resistance contact inside the switch.  these are old machines and alot of the contacts have to be cleaned.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
Jim:

Thank you for the response.  I am sorry that I was not clear in my original post.  The buttons DO function properly however they DO NOT light up when they are supposed to a great deal of the time.  Perhaps contact cleaner might help.

Ra

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
Be careful with contact cleaner as it could destroy the plastic switch. The contacts on the bulb and inside the light socket are most likely corroded/oxidized from age. Careful clean the contacts in the lite socket with emery board and scrap the contacts on the light bulb. You may have to bend the contacts slightly on the lite socket but be careful as the brass contacts become brittle from age. Bulbs probably need cleaning of the cigarette  smoke.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
Sunrise:

Thanks for the reply.   Ok no contact cleaner.  I will give the careful hand cleaning method a try.  The problem is most annoying when you first coin up and when the light does not illuminate it does not instruct  the player how to proceed.   I hope it works.  Wish me luck.

Ra

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
Might want to consider new bulbs. It May make a bettor repair overall.

GOOD LUCK TO YA !!!!

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
Sunrise it looks like the bulb and the button are one and the same.  No?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
Can you post a pic? It should be an assembly, lite socket and a switch mounted to it? But I'm not completely sure.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »
Here it is I hope.   Top side just says deal.

Ra

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
Front or should I say b top of buton. ..

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »
Well this is new to me. But the bottom contact on the bulb is lead and does oxidize. Just like the old lead battery terminals on a car.

Clean up that lead contact by scrapping it lightly and see how that works.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 07:20:22 PM »
I will try a cleaning of the bottom contact.   If not my devious mind had a picture of me adding a dab of solder to the bottom contact.   If you look it seems hollowed out.  I figure that the worse that could happen is that I have to file it off.  Your thoughts?

Ra

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »
Yes that does help. Clean it before you solder. Makes soldering quick and easy.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 04:50:38 AM »
Great Advice.  I will keep you posted.  If it works I will do the same with the buttons on my poker game also.

Ra

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
Re: Lighted Hold/Draw/Deal Buttons FIXED!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »
Sunrise:

I took your advice and cleaned the bottom contact with a small wire brush.  Then I CAREFULLY heated and placed a small dab of solder on the contact.  This had the effect of making the button extend farther into its square socket.  Care must be used not to melt the plastic housing that surrounds the bottom contact.  Slid the button back into the games panel and after over 100 hands played I am problem free.  A picture is worth a thousand words so see previous posts for the before shot and below for the successful after...

Ra
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:06:31 PM by RiseLikeRa »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »
Great! I learned something new as well. Never seen a switch like that.

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
Those bulbs do come out of the button. Bill.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Bill:

Thank you.   I can see myself breaking That brittle 30 year old plastic in a million pieces.  I looked at the bottom of the button with a jewelers loop.  It looked like it came apart but I thought of trying to find a replacement top and backed off.  Experts like you are the best part of this forum.  Thank you again.   No more snow.  Stay well.

Ra
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:54:16 AM by RiseLikeRa »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
I just changed all of the lamps in a Fortune 1.

To get the cap out straighten out a paper clip and bend a small "J" on one end.

Slip the paper clip between the button and housing.

Turn it so the "J" hook is facing the cap and pull up.

The cap will come out with the lamp still in it.

Use a finger nail to pull the bulb out of the cap.

I believe the bulbs are #386 and are still available.

Adding solder to the back of the bulb is not a good idea as the heat may let air into the bulb.

You have the older, original, style panel switches which were a pain to replace because you had to solder 6 wires onto it.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:10 PM »
Bad:

You are correct on all counts.  I was lucky and careful with the soldering but based upon your advice I won't try it again.   I do have 2 extra bulbs but need a source to get a few more.

Thank so much for the information.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal