New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ceronix 1490 Monitor Help & Manual?  (Read 5536 times)

Offline arcadegameguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • arcadegameguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Ceronix 1490 Monitor Help & Manual?
« on: October 17, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to fix a Ceronix 1490 monitor out of an IGT video poker machine. I've worked on a lot of video arcade game monitors, but have a couple of problems that I was hoping someone could help with:

1) I can't find a manual for the model 1490.  I asked Ceronix, and they sent me a 1492 manual, but the models appear to be quite different.  The part numbers in the 1492 manual don't correspond with what is silk screened on the 1490 chassis.  The electrolytic cap values are different, etc.  Does anyone have a true 1490 manual?

2) The 3A fuse in the power supply was blown.  I found a shorted diode (1N4937 used as a rectifier) that I thought was the cause.  I replaced that and the fuse, but the fuse blew again on power up.

3) I did install new electrolytic caps in the monitor.  Was careful to use the correct values that matched what was previously installed and triple-checked the orientations!

Thanks!
Dave

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Ceronix 1490 Monitor Help & Manual?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
The only 1490 schematic I was able to find is a single sheet 'D' sized drawing and it is not laid out  conveniently like the 1492 is.

Get out your Ohm meter and start checking all semiconductors.

A fuse that keeps blowing upon power up could be the 160V zener, a bad FBT transistor, or a bad vertical amp.

On the vertical amp check the resistance from ground to the end pin and you should read about 52K Ohms, if it is lower the amp may be bad.

Check the PRA  near the power supply IC and look for burned traces. Check the power supply MOSFET for a short.

Ceronix still carries all parts for the 1490.

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
Will a 1492 Ceronix chassis work of the same CRT that the 1490 was using? Only reason I ask is that it might be easier or cheaper to get a replacement from Ceronix if it did.. Don't they sell them for around $140-$150?  I might have a 1490 chassis here, but I think it's missing a coil.. I'd let go cheap.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Yeas a 1492 can replace a 1490 as they use the same tubes.

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 10:18:53 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies!  I'd love to get some schematics for the 1490, it's difficult to work on it this way, because the parts don't line up with the 1492 schematics.  I think someone may have worked on my board before?  The monitor was dead when I bought the video poker machine.  Is the zener diode supposed to be part #185 on the 1490 schematics?  In looking at my board, that diode has a 1N4937 loaded, I'm just not sure that is correct.

Amechanic: I'd be willing to try your 1490 chassis.  Let me know how much you want for it!

Badbaud:  Thanks for the info, I'll look at the semiconductors.  Any chance that I could get a copy of the 1490 schematics.  I know D-size is a bit of a pain to copy (have to take it to a place like Kinkos, etc), but its sure hard to debug when I can't correlate the actual chassis I have with the 1492 schematics!  I'd be happy to pay for the copy/shipping/your time.

Thanks again!
Dave

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
I called Ceronix and they don't have a 1490 schematic but found a tabloid sized one in the shop swedged behind some books.

It was laminated in plastic so I did my best to scan it.

Attached is a cut and paste project that has the schematic.

Someday I may get to the local copy store and see if they can digitize the whole thing into one file.

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
Thanks so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to scan in the pieces!
Dave

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:04:47 PM »
Found a place to digitize the entire schematic, see attached.

I'll post this on the general monitor repair site also.

Offline arcadegameguy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
Wow, that's awesome.  Thanks for taking the time to do that!  Very much appreciated!

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 10:27:48 PM »
Dave..

Was that 1490 Ceronix you picked up from me any help? I know it worked but the picture was not correct..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal