New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Extension cables for my Electrohome model 13  (Read 3647 times)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Extension cables for my Electrohome model 13
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »
I've been putting off this project too long. I want to make some sets of extension cables for my old video slots. I'm starting with my Status slot with the electrohome monitor. I went to my local electronics place, not Radio Shack, and they had some that looked like them but were larger and smaller! Does anyone know how I can identify this plug so I can buy another male and female to make an extension? I know I can just change out all the plugs to a new type but I was trying to do the least amount of cutting.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Extension cables for my Electrohome model 13
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »
What are you trying to accomplish?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:59:39 PM »
Adjust things like horizontal, vertical position etc... They're all on the back side of the monitor. I can sort of reach one with a wood stick but I'm a bit leery of zapping myself.  :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt: :lightningbolt: And it's really awkward to try doing that.
This is for my old-as-the-hills Status machine.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:39:14 PM »
Don't fish in the dark my friend.  I've been zapped, and it's not a good time.  Where are the controls on this monitor?  Does it slide out? 

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:43 PM »
It slides out. All the controls except contrast are in the back. I had borrowed someone's extension cables for my Fortune one and it was great, so I'd like to make some for my machines now.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:30:01 PM »
Hmmm....I'm guessing these plug types don't exist. 
Let's try a different approach... Does anyone know if it would hurt to add 5 feet to the CRT cable? I'm thinking of just splicing in the additional cable but I'm not sure if there would be any signal loss or chance of some kind of weird inductive interference.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:37 PM »
While I'm no expert on these machines, my experience with electronics says if there is no shielded wire present. A separate wire run along with a communication cable only hooked up on one end. It catches the interference you are describing. Since the wiring is just single wires run to a Molex type connector, not much chance of line loss. It would take a lot of wire to get a loss, since these are a low wattage line. I don't think you'll see a difference in function other than you won't pee yourself if you get too close to the anode on the tube.  :duh: If it was me I'd go for it, these machines aren't made to be that difficult. Says the guy on the S+ machine.  :cool_thumb_up:

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
You know the more I look at that picture the more it looks like an appliance plug. They use those on washers, dryers, fridges etc. That double clasp is common on those. Maybe a trip to a local appliance repair might get you what you need. In the old days whatever was available is generally used. Just a thought.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:03:24 PM »
It is what's called a MOLEX connector, after the Molex company that invented it and standardized it throughout
the electronics industry in the 60's through 80's; although other manufacturers have made components to the same standard.
Still very common, but many fewer products these days require the heavy amperage these connectors can handle, nor permit
the large space they require.

One buys separate crimp-on male pins and female sockets; and the mating housings based on pin-count and configuration.
Various features are available like lock-into-sheet-metal housing or lock male-to-female housings together for "flying" connections; the ones you show have such "ears." Not required for what you need, friction fit will do fine.

Check virtually any electronics parts house like Mouser, or even Radio Shack [oooops...:) ]

(And technically you would need the genuine Molex-style crimping tool available for MuchBux; but not really.)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »
Thanks Dave and Jim :)
I knew it was a molex but thought that this particular one could have been something very common:
"Ahhh yes that's the M3478c type of course."
I think I may just go with splicing and adding 5 feet to the CRT cable. That way I won't have to change out the existing plugs. I'll just coil up the cord and make a spot to hang it inside the chassis.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal