New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT and Williams touchscreen issues.  (Read 8992 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT and Williams touchscreen issues.
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
I'm not near the machines at the moment and will update the post with the monitor details in a bit, but thought I'd get my question out there in case the are some generic fixes. 

In my Williams, the touchscreen works in settings mode but is mostly unavailable in game play.  That doesn't make much sense to me, but while in a bonus it allowed me to make one selection and then nothing else.

In my IGT, it does not seem to work at all.  Visually it is fine, but touching has no effect.

If there are any simple things to check first I greatly appreciate the advice!
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT and Williams touchscreen issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
Different games have different touchscreen activities.  Most newer bb1 games only use the touchscreen to bring up the help screen/paytable screen.  If the screen worked during the bonus, then it is operating correctly.

On the IGT, you can try and perform a calibration procecure from the diagnostic menu.  If it doesn't work, and the game does not tilt with a touchscreen com error, then your touchscreen glass is most likely not functioning correctly.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »
I probably wasn't to clear on the Williams (which is a Kristel LP LCD18-009), when I got into the bonus I was only able to make one selection but could not complete the bonus as the screen would not acknowledge any other choices.

I will test out the diagnostic for the IGT.  It has a Tovis LTG 1755ST4.  If needed can you buy just the glass or do you need to replace the whole monitor?
Corey

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »
The IGT has a touch screen controller. Check the wiring into and out of it. Check the edges of the monitor for damage to the wires.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
For the WMS machine calibrate the touch screen and then run the test and touch the area of the screen that would not respond to see if it senses those areas of the screen.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »
That helped a great deal.  The Williams is now working, the calibration did the trick.

The IGT however, it seems is more dedicated to being stubborn.  The edges and wiring all look good.  At one point I touched the screen and noticed it actually reacted.  Through trial error I found that the touch screen is active but REALLY far off when identifying the touch point.  I even stumbled into a calibration screen and it worked great until i had to run key chip clear to set up the game.  At that point it forgot everything it learned in the calibration and I couldn't get the game set up with how far off everything is.

Is there a way to access the calibration menu without having to use the touchscreen to get there?
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
Well, spoke too soon on the Williams.  It worked great for an evening and now not so much, it's also decided to add a bill validator issue to go along with it.  Any suggestions for a touchscreen that sometimes works perfect and a minute later stops again?  Even calibration ceases to work fhen it goes out.

As for the IGT, I found a work around for the touchscreen issue.  By turning the attendant key three times you can jump directly into calibration, but sadly not from a keychip.  So, I configured the game on another machine, and then moved the game board and EEPROM from the backplane.  That way it could boot fine and enter into calibration mode.  Now it too has an issue with the bill validator, but that will be another post!
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »
I would check the 5volt power.  I've had issues with touchscreen controllers with flaky power supplies.  Do you get a touchscreen com error or does the touchscreen just not work but the game still plays without touchscreen?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
Yesterday it would play fine, at least until I hit the bonus and needed the touch functionality.  Once I ran the calibration I thought it was up and going.  We got into the bonus again, all was right.  Today, the touch issue returned and with it an issue with the bill stacker.  I didn't have time to research the stacker issue, which was stopping any kind of play.  I honestly can't remember the stacker message, but I know I've never seen it report any kind of error message related to the touchscreen.  If I can't get the stacker thing figured out I'll post more exact details tomorrow. 

I'll poke around and see what I figure out on the power supply as well.  Thanks!

Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 09:18:32 PM »
The stacker is probably the switch behind the cash can.  It gets actuated when the cash can is inserted.  check to make sure the connections to that switch are nice and and loose.  Also make sure your cash can is all the way in.  Pull it out and re-insert

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:48:23 AM »
Well, I need a little more direction.  It occurred to me looking at all the parts in the WMS machine that the 5v power supply does not have a large label saying exactly what it is  :EmoticonHelp4: I'm not sure if I should be looking at the monitor power supply or one of the other items in the cabinet that look like they may be the machine power supplies.  To make matters worse, I'm not positive what I should looking at when I look at the power supply. At this point, my familiarity with them is that on one of my Game Kings I replaced the capacitors on the monitor power supply for one of the machines.

To add to the confusion, whether or not the touchscreen works, seems somewhat related to the status of whether the door is open or closed and not necessarily that it be one way or the other.  One time it works better with it open, the next with it closed, but often times when it is failing, pushing the door switch will make it work for a minute or two.  In my mind that lends validation to the power supply issue, but I'm kind of out of my depth.

Also, it looks like the validator issue is more involved than just the switch.  At first, when the cash can was removed and replaced it would run some sort of diagnostic, now it simply stays silent and shows red and blue lights.  I tried going through diagnostics, but either I don't know where to look or it isn't shedding any light for me.

Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »
Yes, bb1 have two power supplies a 24 volt, and an atx style 5/12 volt.  The one that is in front to the right is the one that supplies 5/12 volts.   Actually, I am thinking now that since you are not getting a touchscreen com error, that the controller is probably getting good power. If the touchscreen just doesn't work, then you probably have a bad touchscreen glass and would need to be replaced.  As far as the validator, what brand validator is it?  can you post a picture?  Also post a picture of the jumpers that are on the left edge of the backplane, they control the dbv communications protocol.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »
I got pics of the bill validator, but remembered right side of the backplane rather than what was actually said as the left side.  So more pics coming, but it looks it is a JCM.

As for the touchscreen, is it common for for one to work sparatically like this?  It feel like something is sending it mixed messages when it should be available.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
It's a WBA.  The jumpers on the backplane are important for the dbv serial configuration. Your wba does not have the rs-232 adapter so the jumpers have to be set to serial ttl.  When the touchscreen is sporadic like that, it could be the controller or the little ribbon cable that is attached to the glass itself.  No way to troubleshoot other than swapping parts.  I would just buy a known good used monitor of the same size and type.  There are some on e-bay for less than $150.  If you have a buddy close who has a bb1, you could borrow his monitor to discard any harness issues, but that is very rare.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »
Thanks Rick, I'm hoping these are the jumpers you are talking about?
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »
That is the correct side, but I need to see the jumpers that are a bit higher than that.  I can barely see the last jumper set out of the 3.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
Are they up in this area? Photo is grainy since I lightened it so much but looks like the jumpers are out of view.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:49 AM »
Yes, there a bit higher.  It is 3 jets of jumpers that need to be verified.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
Found them.  I had to unplug the bill validator molex in order to snap the pic.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 11:42:34 PM »
The Jumpers look correct for the type of validator you have.  Was the validator working and now you are getting the tilt?  I would pull validator out and re-insert.  Same thing with the cash box.  You can remove/insert cash box with power on.  But removing re-inserting validator should always be done with power off.  In fact it is a good practice to never hot plug anything in a slot to prevent parts getting that awful burnt semiconductor smell.. :burningresistor: 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal