New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help with E2000 reel error- getter closer  (Read 12199 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: need help with E2000 reel error- getter closer
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
Also here is a link to the topic i started when i had a similar problem with my E2000, maybe you can gain some insight from it.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9180.0
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
those pics are great, thanks. big question. if you close the door tight without locking it, do you get the code 50 displayed ? im curious if both switches have to be engage to get the code 50.  let me know if you get a 50 just by closing the door tight, and leaving the slide in the unlocked position.

thanks

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 05:48:02 PM »
As soon as I unlock the door code 50 appears in the display, it does not go away until a coin is played and the handle pulled during normal game mode.

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
i want to make sure i have it exactly right. as soon as you unlock the key you get the code 50, even before you swing the door open?

thanks

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
Yes because I have the cam plate that activates the door lock switch. You do not have that cam plate therefore your machine would not display code 50 until the door is physically open and the hinge switch is actuated.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 07:09:36 PM »
i dont get the 50 at all. never see a 50.  hinge switch is good.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 07:49:03 PM »
That is unusual but probably not related to the reel stop problem your having. Have you measured voltages from the power supply yet? That can definitely cause the problem your having with the reels.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 10:00:27 PM »
are there test points anywhere? on the schematic i see regulated 5V, lots of unregulated 9.5V, and zero crossing. whats should zero crossing be?  all tested referenced to ground, correct?

thanks

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »
a picture is worth a thousand words

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 06:45:47 AM »
nice! where is that from, i'd like to have the rest of it

thanks

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
go to the top of the page go to file system go to Bally's go to E 1000 2000 the last file is the manual it's a campy little manual but it helps a lot when you're trying to test
it is a must-have I have an original copy but to keep it clean I went down to have this one printed Prince really nice

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »
90% chance is a reel reader. when i move it around, the problem moves.  all the optics light, maybe a weak receiver.
when adjusting the reader position, do you go for center, or bias toward the optic or receiver side? i tried all 3 ways, no help.  anyone have a reel reader?

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:58 AM »
i want to be sure i have a E2000 so i get the correct reader.  how can i be sure? the displays appear to be square. there is no tag on the machine

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »
look on the boards see if they have a tag on them for what they are you will have to look at the readers the early 2000 readers are 50 volts the newer ones are low voltageI do not know the difference in appearance between the two

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
there is no 50v on the power supply, other than that, i dont know

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »
post a couple of pictures of the board is there a big resistor on the board

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »
this is a view of the large resistor on the 50 v. I don't have any low voltage boards but I have several of these I don't know what the low voltage board looks like anymore been too long since I work on a late model 2000

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »
its 50 V

thanks

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
I would be sure what voltages you have first. Most E2000 were 5 volt, the E1000s were 50. I thought my problem was the reel reader as well so I replaced it but it did not fix the issue. It was the power supply. If you have less than 4.98 volts at the 5 volt test point replace the power supply. If you really want to replace the reader board though I have one.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 10:03:40 AM »
5.01 V.  the 9.5 and zero cross were a tad low, 8.95 and 6.95.   still , the problem moves with the reader.  when i put a meter on the sensors and hit them with light, 3 of them are flaky.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal