New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin Optics and Hopper Optic All Read Zero  (Read 23925 times)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Coin Optics and Hopper Optic All Read Zero
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2018, 05:29:00 PM »
Does anyone know where this part comes from?  As I await the arrival of my RP1 for the MPU to come in the mail, i decided to start cleaning up the game a bit, cleaning the chrome, etc...i found this part and have no clue where it comes from

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »
It goes way in the back to cover the wiring so a coin doesn't fall back there and short out something.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »
Ok. I’ll try to look at where it clips in. Thanks as always!  Hopefully your care package shows up Monday lol

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »
And the machine is WORKING!!!!  The only remaining issue I see is occasionally if I drop a quarter in, it will pass thru without giving me a credit. Maybe 1 out of 30 won’t register.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »
That's good news about it working 99%. What did you find out was the main reason the coin optics and hopper coin-out optic were not working?

For the rejected coin problem-
Did you turn the coin comparitor sensitivity adjustment all the way counter-clockwise? That's the small screwdriver adjustment in the lower-right corner on the front of the coin comparitor. If you've already done that then sometimes it helps to replace the "sample" coin quarter in the coin comparitor with a different coin. And make sure the screw on the sliding cover is firmly tightened. That's what keeps the sliding cover close to the front side of the sample coin so its metallic quality can be accurate measured. The sliding cover contains the sensor that is part of the comparitor electronic circuit.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2018, 12:39:09 PM »
Badbaud I have to thank you big time for helping me and supplying the part!! 

As for the coin not registering sometimes, I have it tightened all the way. I’ll try my second optic that I have laying around and see if that works

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
Does your coin optic boards have the 25cent spacer between the boards, that's what forces the coin to pass thru the coin optic boards properly and get detected. Don't forget to try replacing the sample coin, it's easy to do. Not all quarters are created equal - metallically speaking. 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
I replaced the coin and changed the sensitivity. Still every now and then one goes thru

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »
The coins that pass thru and don't give you a credit, do they go into the hopper, or returned to front coin tray?

If they go to the hopper then the problem is the coin optics boards. If the coin gets rejected to front coin tray then the problem is the coin comparitor.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
Ok I just changed out the optic and it’s working. They were going into the hopper

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »

As for the coin not registering sometimes, I have it tightened all the way. I’ll try my second optic that I have laying around and see if that works

Did you follow my instructions?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »

Did you follow my instructions?

to the T....once I put the new optic in, everything worked perfect...havent had any slip up on the coins with the new optic

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2018, 10:24:40 PM »
Congrats on getting your machine working.  Can you please elaborate on what you did or what part(s) you replaced to get it working, for the benefit of someone viewing this thread in the future?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2018, 04:26:28 AM »
So after checking every single wire from MPU to optics, and not getting it working, I looked at the diagram for the optics. The optics used a resistor named RP1...I noticed it was missing (something one wouldn’t notice right away because it’s small). Once it was replaced, everything was golden!!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »
Congrats on your fix.  :applause:  I’ve been following this thread almost from the beginning. Nice find on the missing part on the MPU Board. You had great help with Badbaud too.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
Congrats on your fix.  :applause:  I’ve been following this thread almost from the beginning. Nice find on the missing part on the MPU Board. You had great help with Badbaud too.

He’s fantastic along with many others here. So much great help!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2018, 01:19:54 PM »
So after checking every single wire from MPU to optics, and not getting it working, I looked at the diagram for the optics. The optics used a resistor named RP1...I noticed it was missing (something one wouldn’t notice right away because it’s small). Once it was replaced, everything was golden!!

Was that missing RP1 broken off of the mpu board, or was it never installed to being with?  Did the solder holes have little broken leads in the holes, or did the solder holes only have solder?

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »
I noticed there was nothing on RP1 like it was ripped off. Still had pins in the holes. I had to desolder the old pins

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »
I noticed there was nothing on RP1 like it was ripped off. Still had pins in the holes. I had to desolder the old pins

That means it probably got broken off when the board was being handled at some point in the past. If you'd had another mpu then installing it for troubleshooting would have quickly shown that the mpu was the problem, and that the coin optics boards and associated wiring was ok. Glad you got it figured out.

What's the status of the monitor display width problem?

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »
The width is still an issue. I can’t get it full width. Not sure what component on the chassis needs replaced or adjusted

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal