New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus error 12 fixed, whats my next step  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus error 12 fixed, whats my next step
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
woohoo I got to play!!!

I messed around with it and the 42 went away, then I got a 41, LOL, I pulled the reels and re-seated them, #2 was in a bit sideways and I thought maybe it was binding up somewhere. I got them straight and it everything cleared and the reels spun and the insert coin light popped on. Well I was trying tit on tokens and it took my 3 and spun like it should, I played about 10 minutes and it payed a few times, so now I know I either need a mother board, or have my worked on. The problems I have now is no sound at all, whether it is during reel spin, coin in, or when I hit something on the payline. Also the handle hung in the down position when I pulled it.

Fantastic! You can have that board worked on but they are readily available from our vendors. I always have a couple of extras around for times like these. Contact member Badbaud, he works on boards and can give you a price. Now if you will push the test button until a 4 shows. It will flash the numbers of your SP and SS chips. When you removed the cmos chip you probably cleared the machine. Get you SP chip number and download the PSR for that chip (downloads section). You'll need to enable sounds etc. after the clear. If this is the machine with the wires cut to the handle, it's probably because the solenoid on the handle is bad. You can buy that also from the vendors. You may want to check voltage going to the solenoid to make sure it's getting power. But it is usually up until energized and pulled down, so I'm guessing it may be bad. I believe it's Rum and Coke time on this end. Good job. I just read your reply, you type faster than me. If you're happy.........Cheers!

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Bomackey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Bomackey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 04:21:16 PM »
LOL, its to late to get my numbers now, I have already pulled the motherboard and put it back in my good machine, I will prob wait a couple of weeks before I proceed with the board, as I have a $1 Double Red, White and Blue ordered that should be here this week, so I will be playing with it. The best I can tell on the handle, the cut wires went to the activation switch on the handle, not the solenoid. as of right now, the handle seems to be working well enough. I have sound, I have payout, the hopper works, the only thing that is acting up is the bill validator, it will pull a bill in, but not accept it.

Shaggy and everyone else, I appreciate the help, hopefully after I get my motherboard repaired or replaced, I can handle the rest on my own.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »
You may still want that set 15. It works for most of them for setting the B/V anyway. But there's time for that. At least now you know where you stand with it.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »
very true, I normally
 just run tokens in my other machines anyway, except for my I-game plus machines

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 02:46:18 AM »
I realize that this topic is marked as solved, but I want to throw out there that if you had a 61 loop (61 --> 61-1 --> 61, etc.) that a RAM clear chip (not a SET 15) is needed to clear the EEPROM data on the motherboard.  The motherboard itself is likely okay, it's just this is one of the rare times that a RAM clear chip is actually needed, as it clears out the data on the EEPROM on the motherboard.

Just to make sure that everyone is using the same terminology, the MPU board is the removable processor board which contains the SS and SP chips, and has the volume control on it.  The motherboard is the smaller fixed board in the bottom of the machine that the MPU board plugs into.  The fixed-in-place motherboard contains a small EEPROM which contains data.  If that data is corrupted, a RAM clear chip that is installed on the MPU board is used to completely clear it out.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 05:11:38 AM »
Hi Knagle, I am sure you know more about the motherboard issues than I do, But I went ahead and bought a known good used board for $35, so if I need it down to road, I can always pick up a clear chip and use it, if it works then I will have a spare board to use later in this one or my other S-plus machines if needed., Thanks

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
O.K folks, this topic needs to be reopened, I got my board earlier this week, I installed it, and it does the same as my original board, so I guess I am going to have to end up doing a clear on it, I didnt want to have to do that, but I think I am out of choices. Can anyone tell me #chip I need on my Double Diamond S-plus?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
The RAM clear chip you need for your IGT S+ machine is an IVC 123 chip -- pretty common and easy to find.  Since you have a bill validator, you'll also want to get a SET chip (such as a SET 15) to re-enable the bill validator after the clear.  You should be able to get the set of two chips for less than $20 from a vendor here or from eBay.

There's nothing to be afraid of with doing a RAM clear -- we just warn people not to jump to that step if they have an otherwise working machine, as you'll have to go through and enable the bill validator, adjust settings as desired, etc.  A lot of people run into simple errors and immediately think they should just do a RAM clear to fix whatever their minor problem is, and it winds up creating additional work for them.  For that reason, we try to dissuade people from believing that the RAM clear is the cure-all (because it isn't).  In your case, you need to do one, and it's no big deal.  You'll likely get instructions with your chip, and if not there are sticky FAQ topics here that explain how to do the process.  Let us know if you have any issues.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »
Thanks knagl, I got a set ordered, at this point I am thinking this is my only option in getting it up and running.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal