New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: EURO Coin mechanism  (Read 702 times)

Offline traxinger31

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • traxinger31 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
EURO Coin mechanism
« on: May 26, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »

Hey everyone,I bought an old Slotmachine (Bally 873-A) a few weeks ago, actually it works well with 5 Schilling (Old Money from Austria 🇦🇹) Yes I‘am from Austria;)
Now we have a new money, the Euro and I want to get the machine to accept 20cent coins (0,2 Euro).
The Problem: The original Mechanism (made for 5 Schilling) works with a Magnet and this coins were magnetable, but Euros or Cent are not magnetable, so it dose not Work.
Does anybody know where I can buy a Coin Mechanism which accepts Euros and looks like the old one (so it can built it in easy).
Have a nice day,
Christoph
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:08:24 AM by traxinger31 »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: EURO Coin mechanism
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 03:53:55 PM »
the mechanical coin mechs are a standard size, so check ebay, amusement or vending machine companies ... may be worth looking online to see if someone made a mech for a low value coin ... doesn't look like Coin Mechanisms does now ... :
https://coinmech.com/products.cfm?parent_id=521

but these guys might:
https://hazelelectronics.co.uk/mechanical_coin_mechanisms.htm

Schillings were magnetic?  Afaik, the magnet on all the coin mechs is there to catch metal slugs.  if the coins were magnetic the mech couldn't use a magnet.

5 schilling coin is 23.5mm in diameter, and the 20 cent is 22.25mm.  You may need to slightly adjust the linkage between the payout counter and the roller that lifts when the coin is ejected.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
Oh, thanks for the hint.
I will see what changes I can make.
Have a nice day,
Christoph Traxinger

Offline DavidBelg

• DavidBelg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »
Sorry for hijacking this thread but this is for the same question.

I have now machnies that run on 50 cents (or bally coins)...: diameter 24.25 mm.
If I would modify them to  cents 22.25mm
would this work?  Or am I pushing the limits on the hopper part?   

I tried before by throwing in 20cents and my hopper was overpaying.  I didn't make any adjustments ad that time to roller or linkage.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:26:40 AM by DavidBelg »

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 06:07:49 AM »
I have manipulated my coin mechanism now, so it can only accept 20 cent and 20 cent would also payed out correctly by the hopper

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 09:20:13 AM »
Sorry for hijacking this thread but this is for the same question.

I have now machnies that run on 50 cents (or bally coins)...: diameter 24.25 mm.
If I would modify them to  cents 22.25mm
would this work?  Or am I pushing the limits on the hopper part?   

I tried before by throwing in 20cents and my hopper was overpaying.  I didn't make any adjustments ad that time to roller or linkage.

as long as the coins fit between the pins in the hopper wheel (coin disc) and the rim diameter allows pickup and ejection of the coins, I think you can adjust the roller and linkage to deal with different diameter coins.

if you downsize the coin but don't adjust the linkage, the payout counter may not step and you'll get runaway payout.

on the coin mech, you may get lucky and be able to adjust it to accept a different size/weight coin.  The usual problem is the cradle that tips the coin sideways when it first drops in the top.  If you have a metal cradle, you have more flexibility on tweaking it to work. 

large changes in coin size ... especially going up in size ... would usually require changing out a few parts like the hopper wheel, coin entry slot, coin mech and maybe some other bits in the coin path like the coin guide on the door.

Offline DavidBelg

• DavidBelg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
Thank you!

Some have coin comparitors, others don't, I'll install them in all my machines cause it allows faster coin entry and lockout when you've reached the max allowed coins to be entered.

Guess I will see how to adjust my roller at the payout and run them all on 20 cents then :)  Makes it more fun to go to the store and save the change coins for a play at home :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal