New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help on E2212  (Read 2785 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Help on E2212
« on: January 22, 2021, 11:14:03 AM »
E2212
Need help figuring out the code on door, see pic 1

the rod (piece) in the right circle on pic 2 keeps getting hung up out of position. 

powers up with coin diverter engages, does not register a credit when coin switch is tripped.  Hopper runs continuously. 

any suggestions where to start?

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help on E2212
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 06:49:29 AM »
Bump - need some help getting started on repair.
Is the battery needed on CPU?

Thanks
Bob

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 08:40:12 AM »
No the battery is only used for retaining the stats.
You can replace it with a NI-CAD cordless phone battery or leave it off.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:26:27 AM »
Bump - need some help getting started on repair.
Is the battery needed on CPU?

Thanks
Bob
Bob, for the Bally E series machines, a battery is very much needed. That the battery can be left off is incorrect. A lithium-ion or NiCd is what you need. If you want to change to a non-rechargeable type battery, the charging circuit on the mpu board needs to be altered.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 11:06:16 AM »
The battery on the MPU is not needed to make these Bally E1000 or E2000 machines to operate. They were used to retain the book keeping memory only and they will run without a battery. These machine how ever are meant to use the Ni-Cad rechargeable battery's. if you install a lithium battery you need to replace the resistor R1 with a diode as to not allow the battery to be charged.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
Without a battery you are likely to get an error from the low voltage detect. So roll the dice.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »
The battery on the MPU is not needed to make these Bally E1000 or E2000 machines to operate. They were used to retain the book keeping memory only and they will run without a battery. These machine how ever are meant to use the Ni-Cad rechargeable battery's. if you install a lithium battery you need to replace the resistor R1 with a diode as to not allow the battery to be charged.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 02:55:48 PM »
bob - seems this thread has turned into a debate on the battery - addressing the issue you have here - did this machine work?  the error looks to be issue with the P2 eprom or with the credit control board in the feature area of the machine. By the way my 2 cents - battery is NOT needed - there is no low voltage detect.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 03:01:32 PM »
No, this guy just bought several machines together.  The others were S+.  I was planning to pull the board and then re-seating all the EPROMs.  I was also going to check battery voltage and replace if needed. 
Thanks to everyone for there help,
Bob

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »
the display indicates issue with the P2 - either wrong or missing (USUALLY)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 10:21:10 AM »
I tested battery and it reads 4.196 vdc.  I pulled all the eproms off the main board (beside reels) and reseated them.  I pulled the board to do this and that's when I found that 1 pin was missing from the ribbon connector on the bottom right of board.  the ribbon cable runs from the main board to the board on back wall and then up to board in top box.  The pin missing is the top left as you look at the board.
thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »
Here's pic of cpu board.  the ribbon cable with the missing pin in the one on bottom right of board.  Cable runs to board and back wall and then up to board in top box.  I guess I need rind a replacement ribbon cable.  Let me know if you have one.
The solenoid that pulls in to release handle is staying engaged (can pull handle as many times as you want).  The coin diverter below coin comparator is engaged, takes coins but does not register them.  Hopper continues to run.
Also the top 2 fuses on right (see picture) have blown twice.
thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
few more pics

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 02:41:30 PM »
the display indicates issue with the P2 - either wrong or missing (USUALLY)
i have a chip reader/burner, How do I know if the P2 is good/bad/wrong?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
also on the fuses in picture above, the sticker has fuse size listed but how do I know if the top numbers apply to the top left or top right fuse??

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 03:14:23 PM »
the ribbon cable going from io to top box - fix that first that is most likely the problem - the fuse box top number to left next number down to right  etc.

Online Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
Here's pic of cpu board.  the ribbon cable with the missing pin in the one on bottom right of board.  Cable runs to board and back wall and then up to board in top box.  I guess I need rind a replacement ribbon cable.  Let me know if you have one.
The solenoid that pulls in to release handle is staying engaged (can pull handle as many times as you want).  The coin diverter below coin comparator is engaged, takes coins but does not register them.  Hopper continues to run.
Also the top 2 fuses on right (see picture) have blown twice.
thanks
Bob
KLAR sells those ribbon cables.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 12:29:01 PM »
Status Update:
I found a ribbon cable and with it and reseating the chips beside the battery I was able to get the display to act normal. 
I tested coin switch (test 3) and it appears to be ok
The hopper runs continuously.  When I run test 4 I get error 31 as soon as the hopper coin switch is activated.  I will use jumpers and test switch, maybe bad switch.
The fuse on the top right blows as soon as I turn power on (I believe this is the light circuit.  Yes/No?
Coin diverter on door is pulled in but still does not register coins.

any suggestions?

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 05:28:14 AM »
Help Still Needed!

I'm going to try to work on this a bit more today and any suggestions are greatly needed and appreciated.

Would the "light" fuse blowing cause coins not to register?? 
Do I need to find the cause of the light fuse blowing before moving on??
Is there a "clear" procedure for the E2000 slots??
Switch by door lock seems to be a bit touchy, can I just by pass it??

I've got a old hopper board that I was going to install just to see if it would stop hopper from running continuously.

Thanks and hope you guys can help me.
Bob

Online Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 06:24:42 AM »
Yes!, bypass the door lock switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal