New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Size of setup display ???  (Read 6133 times)

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Size of setup display ???
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
On an Alpha what determines the size of display in setup. Full or 1/2 screen.  I have same OS - same bios - same jurisdiction in all machines. Some get full display on screen & others get small display on screen. What am I missing?
Thanks Ford
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:24:15 PM by slots-4-u »

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Size of setup display ???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Are you talking about the setup screen size?

If in the setup you get a FULL screen, that means the GAME was designed to run in a native 19" square aspect ratio. If you get the setup screen in a half screen, that means that game is meant for a WIDESCREEN display.

Now of course you can run both types of games on any monitor. It would just get distorted (squashed).

Is that what you mean?
-------
Charles

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
Yep, that is what I was talking about. Thanks Ford

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
On an Alpha what determines the size of display in setup. Full or 1/2 screen.  I have same OS - same bios - same jurisdiction in all machines. Some get full display on screen & others get small display on screen. What am I missing?
Thanks Ford

I know you state "Same OS" but is the extension the same on all OS?  IE: 336-04, 336-09, 336-11 ect??? that is where I noticed the difference on mine.

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
Same extension.Took OS from machine that had full screen & put it in one with small screen & small screen stayed.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »
Can't tell a difference between 336 vs 341
-------
Charles

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
This is what I mean by small screen.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
This is what I mean by small screen.

YES.

The small setup screen is a game made for WIDESCREEN displays.
The full screen setup display (older games) was made for SQUARE 19" monitors.

-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
Like I said before you can run WIDESCREEN games on a Square monitor and still get the entire image, but it is squashed. You can run a square screen game on a widescreeen, and it looks stretched.

Here is a widescreen game image. I have a VGA splitter to show you the difference.

-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
This is a good thread.  These are the results you would see when in R&D ,  Diff. software looks for diff. things, monitors,firmware in the monitors etc.,esp the touch screen set-up in the monitors etc.  When you use software not designed for your game base platform,expect to see things like this.  This folks will be key esp. when you go to do alpha-2 stuff in a alpha -1 cab.  Can't wait to see those bucket of monkeys opened up-- :no: .  I use proper set up but nothing wrong with putting together working combos, some folks have monitors sitting on floor etc and turn them etc, to make them work.  I do not do all that. 

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »
Some of us don't have access, money and/or SPACE to have every Bally cabinet setup, so what I did was try to rig an all in one.

Also, if I wanted to I could convert my M9000 to a widescreen but those damn speaker grills look hideous... plus my 19" is brand spankin' new.
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal