New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 742A key  (Read 6123 times)

Offline cdlale

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • cdlale New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 742A key
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »
Hello, I picked up 742A machine,But I don't have a key for it. If I drill the lock,What is the easiest way move the lock bar inside?
Thanks
cdlale
My machines are a
Homemade Cherry master slot
Homemade Williams 360 with 550 and IGT parts
Bally 742a
Bally Alpha M9000 Lucky Wheel
Pachislo slot machine
IGT PE+ Slant top Set up as a progressive
Mills 25 cent slot machine

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 742A key
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »
on those old ballys   once we drilled the lock out we  turned them over  top on floor and door would unlock

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »
Most often you can use a screwdriver through the drilled hole, and push up on the lock linkage that you will see dangling down.  Be sure to press in on the door edge firmly as you do that, to release pressure and allow the lock bar to slide up easily.  Use the keyhole as a leverage point. That is how we would 'lock' the machines until we put locks in them too. 
Never had to turn one over, but that certainly should work....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »
if its a round key  they are hard to drill out as much as you need to stick screw driver thur   if lock sticks our of door frames and its a round key you might be able to use a grinder and get face of lock off so the pins shoot out them any ace key will turn lock

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »
Haven't had to drill a lock for awhile, but on the round locks I always use a center punch to make a mark that the drill bit will grab onto.  If you have a real good bit it can be fairly easy, because often the tumbler area underneath the chrome finish is brass, and brass is not that hard to drill out.  And, you can drill a small hole first, and then a large enough one to knock the nut off the other end.  Then you can use your screwdriver to lift up the linkage.
Also as buy says, you can grind off the lock heads that stick out.  Careful for scratching the chrome...
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »
I've only drilled one maybe 2 locks. I started with a small drill 1/8 or so, but only drilled 3/4 way thru. Then I went up in sizes till I had removed the tumblers.  I was then able to stick a screw drive in the hole and turn the lock shaft to open the door..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cdlale

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • cdlale New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
I got it opened. I drilled the lock half way and  used a wood dowel up through the coin drop chute on the bottom of the machine to push up the locking bar. It was pretty easy to do. Now I need to clean the old waxy grease on the reel mech,because the first reel is not spinning during play.
My machines are a
Homemade Cherry master slot
Homemade Williams 360 with 550 and IGT parts
Bally 742a
Bally Alpha M9000 Lucky Wheel
Pachislo slot machine
IGT PE+ Slant top Set up as a progressive
Mills 25 cent slot machine

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »
Yea now the fun and dirty works starts.. I've been buying my locks of a vender on EBay. The cost $3.59 + a reasonable shipping cost of $2.95. The sellers EBay name is Twistedquarter. The locks are 1 1/8" in length. He carries all kinds of different size, lengths, and types of locks, but locks aren't the only things he has. I've never had a bad product, and ships fast.. Good luck and keep us posted..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal