New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mars BV fail on BB1  (Read 1959 times)

Offline teamclark4

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Mars BV fail on BB1
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:06:13 PM »
Spent many many hours on this.. Looking to you guys for any input.   :fryingpan: :banghead: :Scratch-Head:

I have 7 Bluebird 1 videos. They all have Mars MEI Bill Validators Sc-6607 rs-232.  I have 2 different types of MEI interface boards (this is the pcb board that the yellow Mars BV head slides into). One type has the extra "easitrax" board on the bottom of the interface board (the one on the right in the pic) and the others ones don't (left in the pic).

If i take 1 machine and put in one of the interface boards that has the easitrax mini-board on it, the BV comes up fine and take money. If i take the other 6 Yellow heads and plug it into the same BB1 they all work. So i know that all the heads are good.

If i take the same machine that the mars BV works, and replace the interface board with the "non-easitrax" version, and reboot it, and use any one of the 7 "good" Yellow heads; i don't get a BV communication error but the BV head has solid "green-yellow-red" which per the manual means it needs to be reprogrammed.  I have 10 of these non-easitrax interface boards; none work, i know all 10 aren't bad.

It is my understanding that the only difference between the "easitrax" version of the interface board and non-easitrax is that the easitrax board allows a usb connection if you are using that. I am not using any usb connections to the bV. Just the standard rs-232 harness.

The back-board jumpers on the BB1 is set to J1 = 2+3  J2 = 2+3  J3 = 2+3 .. I have even changed J2 to "1+2" which fixed a problem in the past i had with a JCM/WBA bV. Didn't make a difference.

I tried doing a complete clear and reset while the non-easitrax board was in. No difference.

I also have printed the mars config-card where you use the #2 pencil and tell it what denominations to use. That kept coming back bad when i tried to feed that into the BV also.

Any ideas ?  other then get more interface cards with the easi-trax board attached ?

Thanks for any feedback.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Mars BV fail on BB1
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 05:03:02 AM »
Take laptop with STS program and turn off Easitrax option then re-upload WMS bin to head.

The one Interface you have that has the Easitrax RF board on it is working that is why the heads work, they are all programmed for Easitrak.

No you can't just use a banana to reprogram, the unit needs the Easitax turned off with the STS

Also those Interface boards are a weak link and should be handled with static protection, have seen them go bad just sitting in games

You are lucky, they left one of the RF cards on the interface, we had 28 BB-2's all removed last year and had to buy the STS to get working or put UBA/WBA in

Offline teamclark4

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Mars BV fail on BB1
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »
Jim,

Thanks for the response.. Makes sense.. That points me in the right direction.

:merryxmas:

Brad
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:19:54 AM by teamclark4 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal