New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha's - S9000, M9000, Alpha 2.... Oh My! What are the differences?  (Read 9997 times)

Offline MikeCamp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • MikeCamp New User has no influence.
  • Hooked on slots...
Hi folks,

I'm looking to break into the Bally world a little but don't really care to spend a fortune.  Have found that the Bally 6000s might be a bit old and finicky, so may look at a Alpha but there appear to be so many and as hard as I have looked I can't find anything that tells me the differences.

I've seen Bally s9000s, m9000s, S9E,  EVOs  etc... then the Alpha 2s.  I would assume by some of the naming convention that the Alpha 2 is just a newer better version of the Alpha but I don't really get all the versions.  Is there someone here who can maybe throw some knowledge out there so that I can make a better informed decision when purchasing one of these machines?  I've seen some of the three/five reel machines that have the screen above, was sort of interested in those but I don't know the pluses and minuses to the various iterations of the machines.

I know I've asked for a fair amount of help in the past and its all been much appreciated.
Mike

P.S.  Maybe somewhere on the site it would be good to have a generational map (graphical of course) that lays out the various brands of machines from start to finish, would probably answer quiet a few of these types of questions.  (just thinking out loud)

Offline DF777

• Reputation Power: 8
  • DF777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Alpha's - S9000, M9000, Alpha 2.... Oh My! What are the differences?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »
This may help.It was posted on here some time ago.

Offline SlotMechanic

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SlotMechanic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:05 AM »
Mike,

If I were you I would start off with a s9000 alpha elite. Its the 5 reel stepper with the 20in touch screen on the top box. You can find these pretty easy. I started with one from a member on here...then bought another...then upgraded..ect....currently I own a instant spin top box set up with ultimate diamonds and sevens kit.

Usually you will get the alpha with the 512 cpu...these are pretty reliable cpus (brains)...ive never had a issue with one...You will here whore stories on the 1 gig cpus....which is what I am converting too...lol. Too upgrade to new kits (if you can find them) you will a 1 gig cpu...you will be able to put alpha 2 games on it....I am in the middle of putting a Cherry Red Bullseye bonus in mine..

Don't get me wrong, a 512 box will handle lots of games....So look to spend 400-700 on a alpha elite...its worth it...if you like all the flashy lights and what not, you'll like the alphas...I was a igt guy....then bought a alpha...and was hooked.

Tom

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:05:51 AM »
..You will here whore stories ....

I've heard those stories but they were back in my Navy days.....
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline MikeCamp

• Hooked on slots...
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:15:48 AM »
You will here whore stories on the 1 gig cpus....

Thats it, I'm sold on a 1gig cpu, I want to hear those stories....

Offline DF777

• Reputation Power: 8
  • DF777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »
You hear one story and you have heard them all.
(Q) Do you know how to make a (W)hormone ?
(A) Don't pay her

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »
LMAO....

I love whore stories to but my Alpha 1gigs never had a problem and I have had one for a year. About to update my 3rd Alpha this week to a 1gig board. I also leave my on 24/7.
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
Nothing wrong with a 1-gig box as long as you are not trying those jacked up gamemaker boxes that are non-upgradeable-etc.  They work the same -given you have the proper equipment-- skimp--then there you have it --You would call it junk at that point.

Offline MikeCamp

• Hooked on slots...
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
Could you recommend a good game that would run on the 512 board 3 or 5 reels but I do want to be able to do onscreen progressives and have a bonus game of some sort.

Mike

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
Could you recommend a good game that would run on the 512 board 3 or 5 reels but I do want to be able to do onscreen progressives and have a bonus game of some sort.

Mike
HEEHAW!

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
 :I_agree_1:

Mike
HEEHAW!

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »

Mike

I am a big fan of Quick Hit which have Progressives and a Free Game bonus. Much easier to find those kits than Hee Haw. Black and White QH is on ebay right now.

I have about 7 kits on my S9E, including some Transmissive titles, and Quick Hit always ends up back into my machine because I love that series. Hee Haw is a good one too as it's based on a Quick Hit.
-------
Charles

Offline SlotMechanic

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SlotMechanic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 03:27:32 AM »
When I had my power progressive wild winners machine, that seemed to be the favorite of my slots with my friends/family.

Had 3 bonus games and a 7 tier progressive.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 09:59:20 PM »
I second Quick Hits and also the Power Progressives.

I also got into the Alpha Elites in a serious way. Went from having none, to 6 in less than 2 months, and I gave 2 away, otherwise I'd have 8!!!  Currently I have a  v20/20's, A game maker HD (basically a V20/20 with the gamemaker player panel), a v20, a 5 reel instant spin top (An S9000 Elite with a wheel topbox), a 5 reel with a quick hit Stars ans Bars S9000 Elite, and a 3 reel S9000 elite running the Oldschool Blazing 7's game (this one previously had a power progressive title).  Currently on the lookout for an affordable V32 to complete "the line".
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal