New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SEGA / mechanical slot - payout issue, and GENERAL issues/info  (Read 21367 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Mills mechanism payout issue.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »
Okay I adjusted this guide and it started paying out... but for three oranges, it paid 14 instead of 10. But hey that's better than nothing. So I'm going to fiddle around with this and see what I can do.

UPDATE: Guess that was a fluke! I can't get it to pay again now... still sticking.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:02:28 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »
Honestly feel that if this a dime machine now ..... that it was a European 6 pence which will operate with dime but allow more than what it should by a coin or two
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:32:11 AM by Ron (r273) »
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
Okay I adjusted this guide and it started paying out... but for three oranges, it paid 14 instead of 10. But hey that's better than nothing. So I'm going to fiddle around with this and see what I can do.

UPDATE: Guess that was a fluke! I can't get it to pay again now... still sticking.

I would like to back up a little and try something that will answer a few questions for me anyway. Now that you know that the 5th click is the slide release for payout. So, please stop it just before the fifth click, and see if you can move all the horizontal fingers in and out, you can just move the vertical fingers and look to see if the lower ones are also clear to move also, but all the fingers should be free to move with only their own spring tention. vertical and horizontal fingers should be moving freely at this point. It is important to know that the horizontal fingers are still free to move.
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 11:19:12 AM »
Had a minor emergency last night and didn't add to post. My girlfriend went MIA due to someone picking up her cell phone instead of theirs!  :no:

I'm at work now jackpot (and fatman too!) so I'll try the 5 th click test later tonight. However, after my last post I set up the three bell payout again. When I manually released the vertical fingers for that payout, I noticed that two were aligned with the slides but the third was off. I took an angeled screwdriver and oh so carefully tweaked the "bend" part. The next times it released properly for the win! I hope this makes sense. I didn't put the mech back in yet as that was when the gf was temporarily lost.
Must work ... Good old Sunday job! I'll post back ASAP.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 11:38:07 AM »
Had a minor emergency last night and didn't add to post. My girlfriend went MIA due to someone picking up her cell phone instead of theirs!  :no:

I'm at work now jackpot (and fatman too!) so I'll try the 5 th click test later tonight. However, after my last post I set up the three bell payout again. When I manually released the vertical fingers for that payout, I noticed that two were aligned with the slides but the third was off. I took an angeled screwdriver and oh so carefully tweaked the "bend" part. The next times it released properly for the win! I hope this makes sense. I didn't put the mech back in yet as that was when the gf was temporarily lost.
Must work ... Good old Sunday job! I'll post back ASAP.
I work Saturday and Sunday also, and that sucks but with our traffic the weekend drive to work is wonderful!............Lucky me, I am on Vacation. I really want to know that all you fingers are free to move just before the 5th click, this is very important because if not, this can be you problem, "a common one" and that can be fixed. So we need to do this before doing anything else or things can get screwed up and you can change things that don't need to be changed. If one of your bottom fingers was catching two slides insted of just one, bending the end of it a tad was just fine.
Jackpot :fryingpan:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 04:07:31 PM »
I hope you get a chance to "Fly like n Eagle" while you there ... as long as someone who isnt gets to drive home... enjoy... got to be awesome
Dave

I've never seen more weed smoking 60 - 70 year old "hippies" than here! Those darn kids!  :24:
I just had wine...at home since I'm walking distance to the OC fair.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Re: Mills mechanism payout issue. (Okay it's a Sega...shhhhh!)
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:02 PM »
Ok I'm lost again. Sorry... mechanical slots are still new to me.
I'm not sure now what the "five click point" is.
When I set up any pay (other than cherries which all pay) at the point just before it should pay, it just seems to be "sticking" right at the point where the vertical tabs meet the slides. I can manually release the safety slide but the others stick too.
I've adjusted that guide (so the slides are just on the edge of releasing) and then it will pay properly ... BUT then the safety slide (and I think two others) didn't reset back to their spot and that's when two coins com out each spin.
It seems there's a perfect point for that guide but I can't find it. It's like all the fingers need to just hit harder... all of them. OR... the slides are just gummy.
 :Scratch-Head:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:40:25 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
Ok I'm lost again. Sorry... mechanical slots are still new to me.
I'm not sure now what the "five click point" is.
When I set up any pay (other than cherries which all pay) at the point just before it should pay, it just seems to be "sticking" right at the point where the vertical tabs meet the slides. I can manually release the safety slide but the others stick too.
I've adjusted that guide (so the slides are just on the edge of releasing) and then it will pay properly ... BUT then the safety slide (and I think two others) didn't reset back to their spot and that's when two coins com out each spin.
It seems there's a perfect point for that guide but I can't find it. It's like all the fingers need to just hit harder... all of them. OR... the slides are just gummy.
 :Scratch-Head:
Quote>> I really want to know that all you fingers are free to move just before the 5th click. The fifth click is right went the slides release, 1,2, and 3 are the reels indexing one at a time, 4th is when the fingers release to find there holes and go in. That is right when you want to stop the clock so you can see if all the fingers move freely, can you move a finger and see the lower horizontal fingers moving in and out (or are they "lower fingers" stuck because there is pressher on them), are all the finger free to move right after the 4th click and before the fifth?
Jackpot :Tongue_Out: :Crazy:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 05:26:19 PM »
From what I see, after repeated cycles... the lower "fingers" just rest against the slides at the end of the cycle. The uppers go through the reels fine. It's as if the slides are just too hard to for the fingers to release... other than for any cherry payouts.
If I adjust that guide correctly... it pays out cherries properly and ANY other payout will line up properly, but not release. If I manually release the lower fingers, the payout is correct.

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »
I have been saying there might be  timing issue. I will pull one of my mechs and try to take a video of it and show you the nut on the arm on the back that causes the last clicks. If it is too short, it does 4th and 5th too fast that is keeps the release of the arms from fully happening. i have had this issue on a few of my repairs. ... Tomorrow or PM me and we can chat
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »
I think the release of the arms is fully happening... at all pays, they line up fine with the slides, but it's just too hard to push the slides...

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 07:09:17 PM »
I think the release of the arms is fully happening... at all pays, they line up fine with the slides, but it's just too hard to push the slides...
It seems hard get you to check what is needed so we can move on from here, this is a bit much to go into; unless you are having this problem. But, it is possable that your slides are resting on your fingers during the whole cycle and if so, your machine will not work. That is why I want to know if your fingers are free to move without the slides resting on them just after the 4th and before that 5th click.
If the slides are resting on the fingers before the 5th click which is the slide release click, then we have to fix or adjust the the payout stop lever first by having a look at the payout stop lever and I really think that could be your whole problem. This stop lever holds the whole slide set forward until the fingers have the time to move around freely before that 5 click, which is when the payout slide lever moves out behind the slide stack and allows them to be pulled in by the springs until they hit the fingers.
10-4 ?  :lol: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :dancing_2: :applause:
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Here..., maybe this drawing below will help me explain myself. This shows the slide stop lever holding the stack of slides so the vertical and horizontal fingers are free to move in and out, the slides are held clear of the fingers. When you pull the handle the slides are pushed forward and just before they get pushed all the way out they clear the slide stop lever and the slide stop lever moves in behind the slide stack, and then when the machine kicks off, the slides move back until they hit this slide stop lever which holds them there. As the machine goes through it's cycle a bar is pulled back with the clock action, the slide stop lever is connected to this bar and as it moves it pulls the slide stop lever slowly out from behind the slide stack and when it clears the slide stack, all the sides spring back until they hit the horizontal fingers (This noise is the 5th click you hear) if there is no payout all the slides hit the fingers and stop, if there is a winner, some of the fingers stop some of the slides and others keep on moving in for a payout. How did I do here; :Scratch-Head: am I getting better at explaining this or am I still confusing everyone. :EmoticonHelp4: Well if so, maybe the drawing will help some.... :no: So, it is my guess right now that this slide stop lever is not holding your slides, it could be that your slides are not being pushed out enough for this lever to get in behind your slides and that is somewhat common... :Crazy: So, if this is what is wrong, we can go on from there and I can tell you how to adjust your slide pushbar so it will push the slides out just a tad further so this slide stop can have enough clearance to get in behind the slides. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Jackpot

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 05:53:17 AM »
A very good and understandable description.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
A very good and understandable description.
Dave F

Thank You! Dan Ellis just reminded me that we have a video on our site that will show how this all works, I forgot about it, and a lot of things but that is another story. Anyway if you go to our website address and watch the first film clip you can see this slide stop lever working in live action! It is a British clip so they may call it a bonnet insted of a hood but you will get a good idea of how this works and it is interesting that they could even get in there close enough to film this so you can see it working, that is cool and I thank them for making this short movie clip as this is very helpful. It is at: http://www.coinslots.com/tips/mechanical/ Thank you Dan for pointing me to this as this will show a lot and be a lot of help. Now you can see the slides moving forward far enough to allow this slide stop lever to get in behind the slides. If your machine is out of adjustment it is possable that the slides will not be pushed far enough forward for this foot to get behind and do it's job. If this doesn't happen, the slides will rest on the fingers and then the fingers can't move enough because of this presher on them. This slide stop lever action is one of the first things I look at when I am dealing with payout problems. So, now I hope we can find out what is going on with his payout problems. If you start adjusting things and bending things when you don't really understand how this process works, you end up making more problems for your self and it is my hope that we find the problem before any to this happens. Thanks again Dan for pointing this film clip out to me, your the man!
Jackpot  :thank_you:

Offline dhellis

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 10:51:56 AM »
There are a coupe of other videos that are also interesting and helpful. When I first found these
I contacted the owner and obtained his permission to post them, thankfully he agreed to allow
me to do this.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »
It seems hard get you to check what is needed so we can move on from here, this is a bit much to go into; unless you are having this problem. But, it is possable that your slides are resting on your fingers during the whole cycle and if so, your machine will not work. That is why I want to know if your fingers are free to move without the slides resting on them just after the 4th and before that 5th click.
If the slides are resting on the fingers before the 5th click which is the slide release click, then we have to fix or adjust the the payout stop lever first by having a look at the payout stop lever and I really think that could be your whole problem. This stop lever holds the whole slide set forward until the fingers have the time to move around freely before that 5 click, which is when the payout slide lever moves out behind the slide stack and allows them to be pulled in by the springs until they hit the fingers.
Jackpot

I think my brain engaged... a little.
The slides ARE resting against the fingers at the fifth click. I think this is the problem. I knew this, but was thinking that something just wasn't pushing hard enough. Oops! Sounds like the stop lever!
Thanks for the drawing too... it's coming together in my head... I hope.
Great video ... thank you.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
Jackpot

I think my brain engaged... a little.
The slides ARE resting against the fingers at the fifth click. I think this is the problem. I knew this, but was thinking that something just wasn't pushing hard enough. Oops! Sounds like the stop lever!
Thanks for the drawing too... it's coming together in my head... I hope.
Great video ... thank you.
GREAT! OK then, now we know what is wrong and that is what I was thinking for sometime now. Now we know what is wrong so I will get you a photo of how to adjust and fix this problem and this should solve all you payout problems.
Jackpot :dancing_2: :applause: :dancing_2: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
I have the book you posted the picture from as well and it helped to see it right out of there... and I see that the shot is looking downward into the machine. I hope I can access this stuff and I hope my little "filing" of the safety slide head didn't hurt. I don't think it did... it was more of a "deburring."

UPDATE: Looking in from the back, I just noticed a spring missing. I took out my Mills mech from the M head and noticed where it goes! Hang on and I'll post a picture. I think I may have a spring in my parts bin.
I see where it attaches to. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this. Of course, I've never worked on a mechanical, but still...

UPDATE AGAIN... So far, working! I SEE the space that is supposed to be there now. THANKS for the revelation! I'll put the mech back in and test all pays... I'll be back.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:08:07 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »
I have the book you posted the picture from as well and it helped to see it right out of there... and I see that the shot is looking downward into the machine. I hope I can access this stuff and I hope my little "filing" of the safety slide head didn't hurt. I don't think it did... it was more of a "deburring."

UPDATE: Looking in from the back, I just noticed a spring missing. I took out my Mills mech from the M head and noticed where it goes! Hang on and I'll post a picture. I think I may have a spring in my parts bin.
I see where it attaches to. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this. Of course, I've never worked on a mechanical, but still...

UPDATE AGAIN... So far, working! I SEE the space that is supposed to be there now. THANKS for the revelation! I'll put the mech back in and test all pays... I'll be back.
You may be on it now... I'll attached my information here, anyway. But it looks like your slide holding lever might not have the spring missing or something fell off yours. To be sure, see if you can push your slide holding lever behind the slides and see if it will go in behind the slides just before kick off. If it does, then you know a spring or a lever fell off. Don't worry too much about that safety slide, like I said before you can wire that open so that it never closes again. I advise that anyway. I have an explanation on how to adjust the slides and that is with the attached photo, so I will just leave that as it is, as you still have the slide stop lever problem but it might be caused by something else and not the adjustment. Good work!
Jackpot :yes: :yes: :arrowthruhead:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:44:54 PM by Jackpot »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal