New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SEGA / mechanical slot - payout issue, and GENERAL issues/info  (Read 21368 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: SEGA / Mills mechanism payout issue, and other issues...
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 05:52:13 PM »
This machine must have sat somewhere in the sun, at least on one side. The bells and oranges on two reels were really faded. Sooooooooo I got a magic marker and started filling in yellow on the bells, which looked great.  Then I noticed the oranges were looking like lemons...they were way too yellow...even on the third reel. Here's my "new" orange. There's a few strokes you can see but I think it looks lot better then the "before" orange. Orangeier orange! At least now it matches the payout schedule better.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
That looks good enough to peel and eat, nice job and good idea....
jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
That looks good enough to peel and eat, nice job and good idea....
jackpot

I tried eating one but it was a little dry!  :rotfl:
I've played it a lot and also set up numerous two- cherry pays, and everything is still good. I found something interesting inside the case...soon as I get home I'll post a picture. I'm 99.999% sure I know what it was for too!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
Now I am on edge, what the hell is it????
Jackpot  :Crazy: :Crazy: :lol: :Crazy: :Scratch-Head:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »
When I first got the back opened, this 3 1/2 inch wire fell out of the bottom, where a cash can would be.
I've had bits of weird stuff fall of slots before so I didn't really think anything about it, other than sitting it in my "parts and bits of unidentifiable stuff" area.
Last week, after I got this working - I realized if you held solenoid-activated fan stop lever, the machine would auto stop, like a real slot machine. The SECOND I realized that, I remembered the wire! And it "just so happened" to be the EXACT size to fit the lever and the base of the mechanism!
So the machine will behave like a real slot with it in, but I don't like hearing the solenoid activating after 40 seconds...it just stays on and buzzing. I don't think that's a good thing!
With all that in mind, I'd like to just make a switch to deactivate that solenoid and leave the spring in. At least that way, it can be easily reverted to a skill stop slot. It's fun that way, but I really prefer the auto stop better.
Any thoughts or comments from all those members who chimed... oh wait... any thoughts from you Jackpot or Fatman? You're the only two here who seem to have any interest in this cool machine.  :propeller:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »
Well this was easy. I just unplugged the connector that apparently supplies power to the solenoids.
It plays like a "real slot" now with that unplugged and the fan stop tied down with that wire.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 07:10:26 PM »
I've been following this but to be honest I don't know J/S about this type of machine. To the point I couldn't even hinder progress let alone help it. But......I like the idea about the markers. I have an old machine with "red" sevens that are pink. I believe I will give that a try, Thanks.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 07:31:55 PM »
I've been following this but to be honest I don't know J/S about this type of machine. To the point I couldn't even hinder progress let alone help it. But......I like the idea about the markers. I have an old machine with "red" sevens that are pink. I believe I will give that a try, Thanks.

Dave

Even though it shows sort of a "brush stroke" look, I still think it's better. I just did some cherries that were pink and they look great. Only thing is make sure the reel strips are clean.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 07:39:31 PM »
I didn't like how that top Olympic ring insert looked, so I took a a chance and removed it but first I had to remove the coin-in stuff. Once I got it off, I saw there was a plastic cover over the glass. It cleaned up... but, as what happens in old stuff, more of the paint fell off! Interestingly, I found that there was a socket for another florescent light. I tried to dab on some of my magic marker where the paint was missing and then I installed a bulb. It looks worse illuminated, but the camera also shows it much worse then it really looks. The blue does match somewhat but the original paint looks gray in the picture!  I've read somewhere about paint you can buy for this type of thing, but I don't know what kind it was - some type that would still allow the light through. Here's the before and after shots.
I'll be taking that upper bulb OUT after I post this!

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
There are some restoration guys in vegas but I don't know any names. If you could find them they would probably know the type of paint. I like the strips though. Yeah my strips are the old plastic ones easy enough to clean. I used windex on them and didn't bother them at all, except the pink didn't turn red.  :duh:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »
Have you thought about contacting a sign company? They might have an idea about the kind of paint that lets artificial light shine through. Just a thought.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »
I may post something here and see if anyone knows... thanks!
I'm not sure if I'll even keep this machine... I might! I like it NOT being a skill stop.  :yes:
I took out that light and here's one final picture... hope no one is getting tired of my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:07:30 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:06 AM »
I may post something here and see if anyone knows... thanks!
I'm not sure if I'll even keep this machine... I might! I like it NOT being a skill stop.  :yes:
I took out that light and here's one final picture... hope no one is getting tired of my pictures.
Computer problems too me away for a bit, I see you have been busy. A thought about glass; maybe have it copied/scaned into computer, touch up problems and then print it in reverse clear stick'em paper and stick it back on new glass, this has been done. Painting glass has never worked for me, a product call I think "save my glass" you can paint it over or poor it over flaking glass and then pain on it to try to touch it up, but i don't want to try that. Translucent paint is that the word you were looking for I think?
Jackpot

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »
Translucent is the word...thanks!  But I do like the reverse stick on idea. I may poke around the Internet - there's a few Sega pictures out there and maybe I can find one like mine. I think I've seen that ring set on other machines.

UPDATE (if anyone's here!) I've been poking around the internet. There's a great site showing most off the Sega slot machines. Mine isn't in there, which is strange...I must have a rare machine I guess. BUT... where mine has those rings, covers the window that should be showing the escalator, and on those other machines, IS just that. I wonder why the reason was for this?  There a crude coin mech. Once they pass that, they just roll down an angled slide and into the coin tube. Anyone know?

UPDATE AGAIN
"There a crude coin mech."
I just realized I answered my own question when I said that! My guess is the escalator was no longer needed since there was now a COIN MECH to detect a slug. So they used the same castings and just put in the cute glass with the rings and illuminated the back to make it pretty!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:31:34 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
Progress report on this weird Sega machine:
It never had enough tokens to fill the coin tube so I bought 100 more, cheaply on ebay. But it also had no cash box! It just had the small tube that channels the coins through to the bottom, which had once been attached to a stand with a box below.
So I removed the small tube and found a replacement cash box. I fabricated a block so the box now easily slides in and out and it works great. Now the machine is completely independent! Still waiting for a back door lock and then the machine will be more presentable for sale... if I can find a buyer!

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: SEGA / mechanical slot - payout issue, and GENERAL issues/info
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
Looks great!!  :applause:  I owned a Sega machine about 5 yrs ago, but it was a little different. If I remember right the whole coin tray pulled out and the coin box was behind it. Your machine has what's called sun dried fruit reel strips. Nice touch up job..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:01 AM »
Thanks Gary. It's been fun working on this. As jackpot said ... They look good enough to peel and eat.
I'm happy with my cash box. It's great to hear the CLUNK when the big tokens fall in!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
Sold the machine! It now lives up in central California... The new owner is going to do a full restoration on it.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »
Well THIS is funny!
I was looking for back door locks on ebay and something popped up... look familiar???
You can see the card I stuck inside the cabinet to show how to make it from a skill stop to a "regular stop" slot machine too, by adding a hook in the back that made it cycle and stop without having to press the buttons. I hope he still has that hook!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282042723818?_trksid=p2060353
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:26:23 AM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal