New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit Coin Ltd  (Read 5005 times)

Offline sirwalt

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sirwalt New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Summit Coin Ltd
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:08:29 PM »
Attempting to restore a Summit Coin machine (not summit systems) that is non-functioning other than it appears to power-up. What I am hoping to find first and foremost are circuit board schematics and wiring diagrams. Beyond that any information is welcome.
For reference a 8035 is used for the processor with a 2016 eprom

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Summit Coin Ltd
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:58:16 AM »
Hi sirwalt and welcome to NLG. I have a Summit Coin Ltd. machine. I don't have any diagrams but if you could post some pics. We'll see if they look mostly the same inside. Maybe between the 2 machines we can get you going. Mine was made in Wales (probably yours too) and they only made them a couple of years. Virtually no info......I'll try to help if I can.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline sirwalt

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
Thanks Dave, for the offer to help me get the reels spinning.
I had a hunch finding schematics etc. would be near impossible but you never know.
I am new to the forum methods so it will take awhile before I am able to post any pictures.
In the meantime I have a question concerning the two key switches on the lower right side toward the rear. What is their function? Reset?
The prior owner disconnected most of the wires running to the two switches. Three colored wires are present, Red/blue tracer, black/gray tracer and black.
Question: Where/how do they connect to the switches.
Perhaps they are key (pun) to machine functioning.
Thanks again Dave,

Walter

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 10:01:27 AM »
Posting photos is pretty easy once you do it the first time. After taking the photos with your camera you transfer the photos to your computer. Or if using a phone with internet capability you can post photos directly from your phone.

You post a comment or do a reply in the forum like you normally would but before you click on "post" to finish look right below the comment box where you entered your text comment. You will see the phrase "Attachments and other options" written in green. Click on that and more choices will appear below it.

Click on the "Choose file" button (just below where it says "Attach") and Windows will open a dialog box on your screen for you to pick the photo file you want to post. Select the photo file by clicking on it, then click on "Open" in the lower right corner of the Windows dialog box, this will copy the photo filename to the forum's Attach box. Lastly, click on Post at the bottom of your screen to post your comment like normal, the comment and with the photo attached should then get posted. It sounds harder than it is, give it a try and if you have any trouble let us know. You can attach several photos to the same comment, until you get to a max size limit.

Below are a couple of photos of the circuit board card cage that sits below the reels in one model of a Summit machine. It is pretty unique, does your machine look like this? This may be the other Summit company you said your machine is not.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:56:58 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sirwalt

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
No, I understand that the pictures are a modified Bally also called a summit. I am a newbe to the world of slots so please correct me if I am mistaken.
All of my circuit boards are approx. 5x5 sq inch  in size.
I will try post some photos ASAP, meaning within the next few days or so, need some new battery's for my camera.

Thanks for the picture posting procedure,

Walter

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »
Walter, here are some pics of my machine. I'm sure yours is very similar.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
Walter the top key is used to turn off the alarm in the case of an error. It will also reset usual errors. To the right of the power switch are the fuses for the game. Check those, as mine had a fuse blown when I got it. After replacing it and new cords on the reels, the old gal came to life. If mine matches yours you don't need to take pictures at the moment. If you want to see something I'll take pics of mine for you to compare.

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »
Shaggy,

Was Summit Coin and Summit Systems two totally unrelated companies?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
Hey Rok no, The original company was Summit Coin Ltd. They only produced machines for a couple of years. Then they hooked up with Bally (I assume) and started retro fitting old Bally ems and putting solid state components in them and calling them Summit Systems. That continued for a while but I don't know how popular or good they were. I've heard on here some say they weren't much. There seems to be a number of them still around. The SCLs are not too common. And very difficult to find parts for. When they went to summit systems they changed almost everything inside. The MPUs etc. And the worst part is, with the original machines, there is hardly any information available. Now for the systems machines there is a guy Roz knows in Ca. that works exclusively on those. My machine was made in 1980, and that's a lot of dust to try to track info.

Dave

Offline sirwalt

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »
Thanks all for taking the time to respond to my posting, been a great help.

Dave from your pictures the machines look identical. Thanks for the info re the key switches

Will be in touch with more questions i'm sure.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »
Just holler if you need pics or anything.

Dave

Offline sirwalt

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
Thanks Dave, hear me hollering,
One of my boards, the one next to the processor board, appears to have some transistors (2), clipped out as if a repair was in process. The area in question is the upper left corner above the opto-couplers. For reference the 11pin connector at the top. A photo of your board from this area would be great.

Also, if you could identify the missing transistors I could effect a repair.

Hollering all the way from Phoenix

Walter

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »
Hi Walter,
Here's a pic of the board next to mpu. As far as telling you what is what, that will take more board savvy than I've got. I also took a picture of the other side as it looks like an electrician's nightmare. Let me know if you need more.

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 06:32:28 PM »
Walter,
Here's a pic of the front of my machine. I don't know if yours is exactly the same but if not we will have to take some of that into consideration when looking at the boards. But usually that is only related to the chips. BTW I bought mine in Payson Az. They weren't too far apart. Mine is a 5 coin 5 line.

Dave

Offline sirwalt

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
Well Dave, it appears we are at a parting of the ways. Looks like your board is a newer version, it has newer type components and a much cleaner layout.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted
Trying to send pics of my beast, looks the same outside, but it is not unusual that they would be different on the inside.

I have two BallyE machines in my collection, I am hoping to find others in need of repair that I may buy/fix and add to my two.

I'm curious, where in Payson did you get your machine

Thanks again,

Walter

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:59 AM »
Walter, I was going there to visit a friend and he put an ad in a local paper wanting to buy machines. I picked this one and an S+ Haywire for $175. The IGT only needed a battery and this one a little more. The guy owned a huge storage place. Sorry the boards were different, but if you need anything else let me know.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal