New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pinball Vision RED SCREEN Error  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
Re: Pinball Vision RED SCREEN Error
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »
I did put the card in a laptop and was able to see the files. Don't know if that means the card is good or not. I havn't tried the 380's yet , I'll have to look in my other machines to see if I have any. I think it is just a matter of hitting on the right combination of VS & SG chips or maybe my SB could be bad. Legs are all fine on it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:49 PM »
Wild Cherry Pie 3R1L works with SG000248 & VS09GX0

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 04:58:02 PM »
248s should work with VS009GX0, SX0, CX0, IX0 or VX0 and New Jersey VS010NX0 but the New Jersey boots really slow.

What you tried should have worked .

Could you post a picture of the front of the machine door closed?

BGM00041 folder when you look at it on the laptop should be named BGM00041 nothing more nothing less.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirtguy

• Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
pics

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 02:06:24 AM »
Pretty sure Qbert wanted to see the error with machine on. My money is on the data card
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 04:13:12 AM »
No I'm good with that pic. I wanted to see 552 or 663 led.
I'm also thinking card problem.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 05:33:55 AM »

Just put the card back in the computer and it opens with 4 folders:

ATA 10054  BGM00000  BGM00041  Data

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 06:13:13 AM »
Bingo ata10054.   Needs 10065. Qbert or I can fix that
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:21:34 PM by qbert »

the rockin elvis

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Just went through the Red Screen of Death. It was the PCMCIA card. Been fine for years, just went bad.  Copied files to a different card and it was fine. I am wondering if Protocol mismatch actually has to do with the RFA #. It's been years. but the first vision games used rfa21 i believe and you also had to use the DATA, BGM0000, BGM00041 and the MSSLAVE folders on the PCMCIA cards. With the newer RFA25 you didn't need the MSSLAVE folder. Maybe someone can refresh my memory on this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:46:04 PM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
my ddRun card has the 10065 I'll copy it and put on the card and see what happens, If this don't work I'll have to find a new card.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
RFA and ATA are different. If you used the jumper it should tell you on boot what RFA# on the screen when loading

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7010.msg37522#msg37522

Check out this topic. I believe the RFA is your problem. RFA updates the monitor firmware. 1.00.25 RFA is newer. you may have 1.00.21 software on the monitor.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »

SUCESS!!!!!!!! :applause:
Well after trying so many different chip combinations, after Rockin Elvis said I need to change the file on the card, I did that and put in the 248's, and what do you know, it let me set it up. The game is working fine! I tried the screen that came with the machine and still got the red screen, could,nt  have been that lucky, but at least the game is figured out. Now I'll order a screen and have to find another set of 248's.

MY THANKS TO ALL who chimed in on this thread!
                                                                                               Dirtguy

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 02:37:44 PM »
NO. Don't order a new monitor. You most likely need to update the RFA to 1.00.25. Send Rich or Chris a PM with your email they can most likely help or even Ian. Pretty easy to do. Pull your board out and your data card. Insert the RFA updater in side slot and turn machine on. Then just watch the screen as it loads and turn it off when it is done. Put your board back in and your Data card and you should be good. The red screen shows that the monitor is working. If it was all black it would be different. Getting an extra monitor while they are available is a good idea, but it could have an older RFA too. If nothing else I can lend you mine and you can use it then send it back. It is against our rules to suggest you make a copy. Understand??

the rockin elvis

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
NO. Don't order a new monitor. You most likely need to update the RFA to 1.00.25. Send Rich or Chris a PM with your email they can most likely help or even Ian. Pretty easy to do. Pull your board out and your data card. Insert the RFA updater in side slot and turn machine on. Then just watch the screen as it loads and turn it off when it is done. Put your board back in and your Data card and you should be good. The red screen shows that the monitor is working. If it was all black it would be different. Getting an extra monitor while they are available is a good idea, but it could have an older RFA too. If nothing else I can lend you mine and you can use it then send it back. It is against our rules to suggest you make a copy. Understand??

Send me a PM and I can help you out
Chris

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 12:37:52 PM »
Just to close this topic, RFA# was the problem. Dan updated and said it was working now. Protocol Mismatch is an error with the RFA firmware on the monitor.

Chris

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
Thanks for the update Chris. I knew his monitor was good. It is sometimes hard to diagnose without seeing the machine. Jim Elvis

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Once again multiple issues keeping the machine from operating.
1. Down change RFA in the top box firmware
2. Down change ATA on the card software
3. Down change SG chips on the MPU.
Each one will stop the machine from operating properly.
Great job .
Rich

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal