New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Persistent Hopper Extra Coin Paid, Coin-in, & Meter Disconnect Errors on DD  (Read 310 times)

Offline rcjones

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rcjones New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hello friends!
I'm running into persistent errors I'm not sure where to troubleshoot next on a 3 reel Double Diamond S2000. I'm seeing persistent variation of hopper malfunction "extra coin paid", meter disconnected, and coin in errors after machine sits powered on for a short period of time. This will occasionally error out during game (slow reel spin) that must be cleared by reset key to resolve. I've also removed hopper and then see persistent meter disconnect errors.

I've replaced the door I/O and cabinet I/O cards, meter, AND 504B MPU and the issue still persists, as well as performed the clear + key chip reset multiple times with no resolution.

After searching previous threads for ideas, I'm still scratching my head on where to troubleshoot this next.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

RC

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Now's a good time to pull out your camera and show us a good clear photo of the MPU...especially near the big green Varta battery area.
Your S2000 is going on how many years old?
S2000's first came out around 1999...it's now 2024...lol
If that green Varta battery has leaked, there's the smallest circuitry traces running directly underneath that battery that may be nearly completely eaten away by battery acid.
There are mebers herethat can tell you if it can be repaired or not by looking at clear photos. :sherlock:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
Do you have another power supply you can try? The one behind the reels.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline rcjones

• NLG
Thank you for the quick replies and I should have added more detail that the current MPU was recently purchased with new varta and coin cell battery installed and sworn to be tested/validated as working, photo attached. The other 504B MPU I tested with no varta battery had the same issue.

@Lookes, I don't have another power supply to swap, but does this sound like something that could cause an intermittent issue like this?

Offline rcjones

• NLG
Still running into this issue after swapping MPU, I/O cards and meter. Any suggestions or best guess what to test/try next? Thank you!

Offline rcjones

• NLG
I swapped out power supply with another working unit and still seeing same issue. Stumped on this one. Any suggestions what to try next?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
You've already replaced the most likely components.  Inspect the wiring harnesses and look for a chafed wire that may be coming in contact with the cabinet.  Areas where wires may come into contact with moving parts is a good place to start like around the door hinges.  Other areas to look at are where the wires may be rubbing on a screw or other sharp object. 

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
After wiring harnesses and loose connectors, you are down to the backplane, or LED display board. Not much else is part of the SENET system.  One thing you can try is to switch the cabinet SENET plug on the backplane from CAB SENET (J8) to SPARE SENET (J7). 
Pretty sure the machine will boot and run without the LED display plugged in as well. It wouldn't hurt to try.
Of course make no changes with the power on!
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal