New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 not powering on  (Read 388 times)

Offline Devlinnunley37

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Devlinnunley37 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 not powering on
« on: March 02, 2024, 07:06:55 AM »
New to the group, excited to be here.

I have a s2000 that isn’t powering on, I’ve reseated the power supply, and checked the batteries. Lights come on, speakers kinda pop quietly, then nothing. No display, no nothing else. It has a 500 series board rev. D. All of the lights on the board are lit, 4 yellow a green and a red. The green battery is not reading voltage. What’s my next step? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 not powering on
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:29:37 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Let's try and get some info.
I wish you would of given us a little history of your machine.
Did you ever see it working?
A red LED on the MPU is not good.
Check underneath the MPU you slid out earlier to see if there's any pins folded over & touching each other.
Also, never install or remove anything from your machine with the power switch ON.
We need to see a photo of your MPU.
Usually a "green" battery is the Varta battery.
It's not needed for home use.
Those Varta batteries can easily be 20+ years old, and leaking acid all over the circuitry.
A dead one almost certainly means that it's already been leaking acid and slowly destroying your board.

Since you've said that you've re-seated the power supply unit (PSU), let's check how much voltage is going to the backplane board, from your PSU.

Open the door, turn on the power switch.
Look at the very right bottom of the backplane board - on the back wall of the cabinet.
At the very bottom is a white connector plugged into the backplane.
Next to it may be some words etched on the circuit board that say "Power"?
Anyways, that connector is plugged in there vertically.

Set your multimeter to check DC voltage....set if for say 200 volts.
Stick the red probe of your multimeter into the left side of that vertical plug where the red wire is coming out of it.
Touch the black probe of your multimeter onto the metal floor of the cabinet.
Note the voltage.
Now pull the red probe out and stick it into where the orange wire is.
Touch the black probe onto the floor again.
Note that voltage.
Finally, stick the red probe into the top right of that white connector where that single black wire is.
Touch the black probe of your multimeter onto the floor.
Note that voltage reading, turn off the power switch, and report back with your findings.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 09:08:57 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Devlinnunley37

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 02:14:14 PM »
Sorry about that. I’ve never seen it work. Story is that it did till it didn’t. Now I have it lol
I will upload a photo of the MPU
Voltages are Black- 6.5vdc
Red- 13.4vdc
Orange- 23.9vdc
I removed the Varta battery and inspected the board for damage. Looked ok to me

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 04:36:52 PM »
You are missing a stepper base chip.  The big empty socket on the right side needs to have a SBxxxxxx chip installed that will match the game theme installed.  Also your SG chips are kind of old and installed backwards.  You should probably source a set of newer SG Chips along with the base chip.  What game theme is installed on the cabinet.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 04:38:20 PM »
Your stepper base chip is missing and your stepper game chips are installed 180 degrees out.  The notch on the chip should line up with the notch on the socket/printed on the board.

Offline Devlinnunley37

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 05:24:25 PM »
Hahahaha awesome! Double red white and blue is the game on the cabinet

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 06:00:56 PM »
Post a picture of it and we'll let you know what stepper base chip it should have installed.

Offline Devlinnunley37

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 07:35:36 PM »
I found a base chip and stepper chipset on eBay from jjslots. The ones that were in there were put in with a press and nearly all of the pins were bent over… anywho it’s in good hands now. I have experience with controls etc. just to figure the parts.
I will update once I get the chips. Anything I need to do prior to replacing the chips? Appreciate all the help and knowledge guys

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 07:47:55 PM »
jjslots from e-bay has a bad reputation on the forum.  I hope you get a good set.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 09:04:51 PM »
While you wait, I would get rid of the varta battery, get a CR2032 or CR2354 coin cell battery and holder and replace the soldered in one.  I would have suggested updating your SG's to 363's since yours were damaged and I also would have suggested you get them from RB here on NLG, bit late for that now.  You will also want to get a Key and clear chip for it.  The clear is only needed if you want to change the accounting denomination, but the keychip is needed to change certain game settings.

Offline Pinaddicted

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 09:06:08 PM »
jjslots from e-bay has a bad reputation on the forum.  I hope you get a good set.

I agree, if he sends you the wrong ones he'll tell you it's your fault!!! I won't do business with him anymore.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 09:08:35 PM »
Or if they don't work that you installed them incorrectly and blew it up, etc.

Offline Devlinnunley37

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 05:54:25 AM »
While you wait, I would get rid of the varta battery, get a CR2032 or CR2354 coin cell battery and holder and replace the soldered in one.  I would have suggested updating your SG's to 363's since yours were damaged and I also would have suggested you get them from RB here on NLG, bit late for that now.  You will also want to get a Key and clear chip for it.  The clear is only needed if you want to change the accounting denomination, but the keychip is needed to change certain game settings.

I emailed RB and I will see if he can help. I’d rather just do this once instead of introducing new variables

Offline Devlinnunley37

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 09:43:54 AM »
UPDATE:
Got the new chips installed and removed the varta battery, installed new coin battery and holder, found version chip pins folded under chip, was able to straighten and strengthen the corners with solder, performed a clear and key, reprogrammed and... its working flawlessly! Thank you everyone for your support and now onto the s plus I have

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2024, 09:47:07 AM »
I was following this topic you've started.
I'm glad you have it up and running the way you want.
Thanks for upating an reporting back.
This may help future members!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal