New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting  (Read 30489 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »
you are correct, that link is out of place..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2016, 10:57:26 AM »
To fix that, pull your reel mech out, give it a half cock with the pump arm, and put a screwdriver blade in between your two half gears to hold it cocked.  Then you can remove the reels, and pull your wiper arm forward all the way;.  Then you will be able to push that toggle back into  place where it goes behind the tab. Or you can remove the reels first, that might make it easier.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline nauseous

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nauseous New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2016, 06:58:12 PM »
Moved link back into correct position and everything is now playing nicely on the reel. The variator mechanism was totally gummed up - something I missed originally when going over the unit.

So this is where I am at now; the 30 pin is installed - I matched colour for colour on each side of the wiring harness. I have 4 wires on the hopper side that don't match any colours on the machine side that for now remain disconnected.  I have powered it up and after replacing the coin insert switch the machine now:

1. Activates the divertor coil at power on.
2. Turns on insert coin light
3. When coin switch toggled the coin lockout coil engages and turns off insert coin light

And that's it.
The handle mech coil doesn't trigger, nor does the 'coin inserted' light come on. I'm just trying to figure out why now. It appears to be a problem with the common side of the circuit - I can buzz the circuit out from the handle release coil to the reel mechanism switch - but i can't find the common end yet..

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2016, 07:55:44 PM »
Have you thought of jumping a good common to the handle lock release coil? This may help narrow down the problem. Just a suggestion, be safe.

Post the color code of the 4 vacant wires,  I'll compare them to what I have.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:10:29 AM by DavidLee »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
It is possible that you wired your coin in switch backwards.  Not all of them have the same pinouts.  I have also done this before, only to discover that I did it wrong.  Your switch should be stamped or marked with Common, NC and NO.  Go back and verify that your old switch is marked the same as your new switch.  A common problem, most of us assume the switches are all the same.  Not so.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »
Thanks guys, coil works fine when jumpered to common. And double checked coin input switch, all good with no and nc.

The colours that don't match are shown in photo. Those that match both sides are listed below. I will update with the colour codes for the machine side shortly.

HOPPER 30 PIN (Hopper Side)

1 2 3       |  |  |
4 5 6       |  x  |
7 8 9       |  |  |
10 11 12    |  |  |
13 14 15    |  |  |
16 17 18    |  |  |
19 20 21    |  |  |
22 23 24    |  |  |
25 26 27    |  x  |
28 29 30    |  |  |

1 - Blue\Yellow
2 - Red\White
3 - Red\Yellow
4 - Yellow
5 - NC
6 - Blue\Orange
7 - Green\Red
8 - Green
9 - Yellow\Brown
10 - Green\Black
11 - Green\White
12 - Green\Yellow
13 - White\Green
14 - White\Red
15 - White
16 -
17 - Brown\Yellow
18 -
19 - Orange\Black
20 -
21 - Orange
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 - NC
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:16:43 PM by nauseous »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2016, 06:20:15 AM »
Even though you have the newer plugs and sockets installed, there might be a weak pin connection.
Try this with the machine on and warned up. Activate the coin switch, then apply some movement to the hopper in all directions. From side to side within the guide track limits. Also in and out about 1/8 of an inch.
Listening for any sounds of activity at the handle release coil. This unconventional method can also be applied to the reel mechanism as well.

On a few occasions after maintenance on a machine, and then reinstalling these units the handle release or the lights will not be working due to a poor pin connection.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »
OK well the next problem was the reel mech.

I started tracing circuits following a couple of schematics i have now and yep nothing matched up. Non matching colours on both sides of the reel harness plugs - wires crossed everywhere. Boy did I get lucky to not blow anything when i powered it on. I have almost finished re-wiring the loom to match both sides.

Back with an update again soon.

The hopper, reel and artwork match - but the machine housing is certainly different. Perhaps someone has been sneaky and re-plated another machine and swapped guts + artwork - only to realise the hopper wasn't going to fit in... It would explain a hell of a lot.. No way was this machine going to work even with the correct hopper.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:58:45 AM by nauseous »

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2016, 05:38:59 PM »
This switch has been removed from the harness both ends. (Yellow/Brown and Brown/Red wires)
The front switch is NO and connects to the payout counter reset coil.
The rear switch i am pointing to is NC. First step of payout disk and they both toggle.

Yellow/Brown used to run up to the reel mech but it had been left disconnected from the rear of the cinch plug, with no obvious partner on the other side (all wires are accounted for).
Brown/Red is one of the 4 wires from the hopper that have no match on the machine side to wire too.

Would anyone know what this might have been used for?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
Are there numeric counters/meters located under the reels at the front of the reel mechanism? These wires might of be used for the purpose of counting coins in, out and drop box.
I'll take a look at the 1090 machine In the morning to compare the wire color use.

Have you tried setting up a payout to see what happens?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
Haven't had a chance to open up a machine yet, but did attach some photos that might help.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2016, 03:35:09 PM »
Thanks David, those schematics might be just what i needed.

How does Double Jackpot Time work ? I suspect if you hit the jackpot it lets you take a second spin before paying out perhaps?

The plaque on the machine says:

"Double Jackpot Time"
3 Triple lamp = 20 Bonus
2 Double lamp = 10 Bonus
All Pays on Win Line

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »
You'll have to check with Mr. Reno on the double jackpot bonus. From what you discribed, when this feature is lite up there is a bonus involved.
Haven't had a chance to physically trace out 61 and 36 wires.
Hope you make some progress, keep us posted.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »
I am not sure if this feature was originally installed on this machine or if someone has added it at a later stage. From what I can see there is no feature to light up that indicates you are playing a second jackpot...

Lots of time spent on this machine over the weekend. Really all i need now is to find out a bit more about the above feature. Very close to getting this guy operational i suspect.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:47 PM »
Okay, went back to the photo of your machine.
The little engraved sign double bonus time was as you said added on later.
I wouldn't be concerned about that at this time. Most likely the machine was modified to multiple the payout on the 3 and 2 lamp payoffs.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »
Well this is where I am at..
Any ideas where I should wire the handle release coil to (RHS Pin 10 Machine Side)?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:51:59 AM by nauseous »

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »
Hi All,

Got the remaining wires connected and the machine is working fine now. Only remaining problem is the payouts being mixed up and no jackpot bell.
So I have started drawing out a schema for the paydisks (attached). Hopefully this thread might just help someone out in the future.

Regarding the Double Jackpot Feature, this was something the venue offered. So the operator would yell out "Double Jackpot Time" and for the duration of that time if you hit a jackpot feature the operator would pay out the extra bonus (not the machine). So that makes it easy.

Thanks again

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2016, 04:18:27 PM »
The original Hey hey hey, it's double jackpot time was one of Karl Bergie's brainstorms.  He owned the Silver Club in Sparks way back whenever, and he was a real promoter.  He used to give out chips, and do other whacky stuff. I think gorilla suits, too.   I worked for Silver a couple of times after he lost the club (hi interest rates caused his failure when he took out some loans). 
You need to tell us just what pays correctly and what does not pay.
One of the duties of a slot mechanic was to check ALL pays before putting machine of floor.  You can diagnose a lot by doing this and finding out what works and what doesn't. Go through them all, and if it starts to pay, then coin it and go to the next pay.  You know that the signal is getting from reels to hopper.  You can do final counts later after you see what pays and what does not.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »
The problem only appears to be with the symbols. So what is the 50, 100 and 200 pays via the Bars Match Relay.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:41 PM »
Are all the symbols payouts mixed up? Like Reno mentioned, set up the pays and see if they pay correctly. Or trace them out. The signal leaves the reel contact board and makes its way to to the payout set up unit. As you know. There are quite a few soldering joints in between the reels and the payout unit. There could be a couple of wires on the wrong beau plug lugs. As careful as one can be it happens sometimes.
Glad you have the machine running. This is an interesting situation, keep us informed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal