New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Running CFAST CARDa non cfast Machine  (Read 420 times)

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Rpowell18 New User barely matters.Rpowell18 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Running CFAST CARDa non cfast Machine
« on: January 21, 2024, 12:32:48 PM »
i Have a Veridian WS and it reads the CF cards and i was giving several ideas on how to convert a Cfast to a CF card so i can run it on my machine..Put the Game into an External case to Cfast to CF .i was unable to Change the Bios from internal to external source....Then i was told to transfer the Game from a Cfast card to a Cf card and it would go through the loading but will not boot..Some said it was the VideoCard Drivers not compatible with mine on the Cfast ..We mapped the program and still no results..Any more ideas will be greatly appreciated ..Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Running CFAST CARDa non cfast Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 01:51:25 PM »
As a rule of thumb, when the game comes in a CFAST card, I will use a red board with the GT630 video card and associated main bios version.  If it comes on a CF card, then I revert to the GT430 and associated main bios version.  I basically have 2 mpu's configured with the corresponding card and just swap them.  I convert the CFAST cards to CF.  I did use the converter once, and it does boot faster, but I don't like having all the cables and extra hardware hanging out, so I just move the program to a CF card and I have never had issues.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 12:22:17 PM »
I was thinking about that but there is not much room in the cabinet and plugging and unplugging the video cables is not good ..changing the bios to take a ssd drive I am still stuck with the video card and drivers .I have tried transferring the card formats,I think it comes down to the video card..what are you thoughts on this

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 05:35:16 PM »
When you say it will not boot when transferred to CF card, do you mean you don't even get past the initial black screen where it checks the sim card, or does it actually start booting and then it just craps out with an error message?

In my case using the older bios (the one that works with the GT430) seems to work fine as long as I use the GT430.  Using a GT630 without changing the bios, the system will not post.  The newer Bios (the one that works with the GT630) does  not seem to work well with games that are older than linux ver 4.x.

What video card do you have?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 06:46:41 PM »
The game loads without any issues,but when it comes to booting up the game it is just a blank screen on both screens the software is 4.xxx and it has the newest firmware..not sure what the video card is

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 08:54:34 PM »
You say you have the latest firmware, what version is your firmware?  what are you trying to load and what setchip version are you using.   Pull the mpu out and have a look at the video card, the model is printed on the heatsink shroud assembly.  If it doesn't have a heatsink/shroud, then you don't have a discrete card (probably the blue passive one).  Not sure gen8 games will work without a discrete video card. 

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 06:46:29 AM »
Ok I will look

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal