New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?  (Read 26705 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »
I have found that replacing the 220 uF 35V main cap on the PC board sometimes fixes a problem.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »
Thanks!  :1:

I'll try anything at this point. I does keep working with the rake jammed open!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
Make sure the cap is small or the lid won't fit over it.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 07:08:36 PM »
Just bought the cap... it was a 330 uf in the board. I'll stick it in tomorrow.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 01:02:50 AM »
Okay it's only been 4 months!
I'm resuming this subject... hope someone's out there.
The cap didn't change anything in the CC.
Since then I've had to change the battery in the MPU. I made all the proper settings and got a working machine. I put in 40 50 60 nickels and no problems. Then it started again! COIN REVERSE or COIN JAM (there was never a jam either). I can clear it by opening and closing the door.
Now... many more coins are just dropping through...like it's a CC issue. I replaced it but, as I said in the other thread... maybe it's bad too? I said this in July:

Do these go out often or did I just get the luck of 2 bad CC's?  I have a CC-16D 4B

Are those CC's notoriously bad? Is there another one that would be compatible?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 02:29:33 AM »
The coins are getting through the CC so I would try another coin optic board.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
The coins are getting through the CC so I would try another coin optic board.

Well I already did replace it.
Maybe the replacement was bad, but I don't know how to test it and it came from a good source too! I do remember dropping a nickel past the CC, directly into the COD board and it gave some indication of the coin passing through. I guess I'll take it apart and repeat everything again...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
Is that a Game Maker. If so did you set it up as a coin acceptor plus COD board?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
No ... it's an EVE ...er make that an EVO - and, yes I did set up for CC and COD board. I tried CC only just for the hell of it and the coins dropped through. Now with CC and COD board, some drop through... some work... sometimes I get COIN REVERSE and sometimes I get COIN JAM (even if no jam).
There's NO rhyme or reason here unless I just by chance bought a bad COD board and/or a bad CC.
I just can't afford to keep buying shit and shotgunning this machine.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:33:29 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 03:01:41 AM »
Logically you have the option of continuing to buy shit until you get the machine working or give up.

I don't know what kind of a machine a EVE is but if it is a newer machine many manufacturers switched to a 12 Volt DC CC16.

A CC16D is a 24 volt AC comparator.

When a coin does get sensed by the COD board you get coin reversed or coin jam.

CC16D comparator does not have the circuitry to provide those error codes.

Those codes only come from the COD board.

It's only job is to look for slugs.

The DC comparator has additional circuitry to provide a coin optic "A" signal to the COD board and the COD board provides the coin optic "B" and "C" signals as the coin passes through.

If the COD board has some surface mount parts on it and a plug in long DIP switch it usually needs to get a coin optic "A" signal from the comparator.

If the COD board consists of three pairs of transmitter and receiver optics and some resistors the comparator can be a CC16D or a mechanical coin acceptor as coin optic "A" through "C" signals are obtained as a coin falls past t hem.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that I wrote EVE instead of EVO!  :24:
Of course, it's a Bally EVE, the companion to the one less ribbed ADAM machine.  :rotfl:

Thanks for the detailed reply! 
I'll take it apart tonight after work or tomorrow and check everything carefully.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »
"a plug in long DIP switch" should read DIP IC, it is usually a 18 or 20 pin IC in a socket.

As far as the COD board goes on the older Bally it provided all 3 coin optic signals.

They used a CC16D on the older Bally but a EVO may have a different requirement.

Still it is the COD board giving you reversed coin errors.

I have repaired those boards and amazed how many times it was a bad IC.

Unfortunately the IC was a PIC micro controller chip and I couldn't read the software to clone it onto a blank so had to get one off of another board.

On some one of the optic receivers was weak and giving random errors.

I replaced all three as Bally didn't have a test to show A through C optics firing like IGT does.

We do repair those boards if you want to send in your complete coin bracket with COD board and comparator attached.

Hopefully Bally didn't stray far from the Bally 5500 to the EVO because I test them on a 5500 tester.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »
The only thing that makes sense to me, logically... is that I have a bad CC and a bad COD board...again. They've both been replaced but with used (but I assume "good") ones.
Tonight I jammed open the rake on the CC and I'm getting 100 percent coin acceptance.
I'll keep putting in coins and see if I get a coin reverse again.

UPDATE:
After a number of coins inserted, I got a "COIN JAM" error. Opened door, closed door... and it clears.
Stand by...
After 34 coins, I got "COIN REVERSE" error. Opened door, closed door... cleared.
I've inserted 137 coins so far... no error!
Still it seems to me, that it's both the CC and the COD board.
Frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:03:40 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
But your comparator is incapable of giving you those errors. It only checks for slugs and you have the rake wedged open so even a slug would pass through.

Those errors can happen with a good COD board if the coin has to wide of a gap to fall past the optics and the coin is able to side step one of the three optics on the way through.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
But when I unjam the rake...they just fall through... mostly. I might get one coin registered out of 20.
I've now inserted 239 coins so far, no error.
I bought the COD board from Roz and it was the proper one... it does have a wide gap though! I tried shimming it before but removed the shim when I thought it was the CC.
These machines are so obscure, no one knows enough about them!

334 nickels inserted so far, no error! Ahhhhhh

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »
That could be because the comparator re-directs the coin slightly out of the range of the COD optics when the rake is in play.

Without the rake the coin has a more direct path.

I have seen this happen when someone has a dollar spacer in a machine that takes nickles or one that takes quarters.

Have you held the COD board in your hand and dropped a coin into he left side, then right side of the slot and viewed it's path past the optics to see if a coin could miss a optic.

The solution would be to find the correct spacer for that denomination or be creative with a sculptured piece of plastic glued into the slot to keep the coin in front of the optics as it passes.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »
I did hold it without it being connected and saw there was some space. I made a "tape spacer" but then removed it when I thought I had the problem corrected with the "new" CC. And that was after I bought the replacement COD board.
I'll remove it now and fabricate something... somehow.
So far, it's been fine. This is the most coins it's accepted without error. Still I'd like to figure this out.
When I did a set/clear I selected Coin Comparitor only and thought it would bypass the COD board. It didn't ... but I didn't have the rake jammed. Do you know if that would determine if I did have a bad CC, if I deselected the COD board in settings and coins passed through?
Thanks for all the help.

UPDATE:
At coin number 435 I got "COIN REVERSE COIN MECH DIVERTER FAIL" error.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 10:42:27 PM »
If you can hold the comparator in your hand with the door closed and power on and the coin falls through the left side of the comparator you know the comparator is working, the rake is opening and closing at the correct time.

A comparators only other option is to reject the coin and drop it through the right side into the coin tray.

Make sure the small adjustment on the front of the comparator is turned fully counter clockwise (leftie loosie).

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »
If you can hold the comparator in your hand with the door closed and power on...

I can't do that.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
I did remove the COD board again. here's a shot of the space. I still think this is for a quarter but all this was hashed out already and those that knew EVO's said it was the proper one.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
Okay I just "fabricated" this out of two layers of foam tape stuck to the plastic COD coin optic thing.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal