New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What do I have??? I need help identifying this ROYAL FLUSH machine.  (Read 966 times)

Offline CudaSales

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • CudaSales New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I just picked up this Royal Flush machine in non-working condition. I am troubleshooting it but need to identify what I have so that I can possibly find a manual for it.

I found a manual for the RGB 1400 monitor but do not know who made this machine and what model it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: What do I have??? I need help identifying this ROYAL FLUSH machine.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »
You have an 8-Liner game stuck in a microwave stand?  :rotfl:
It's really not the worst idea, but it's going to come with certain problems because of the thickness of the fake wood?
How do you add credits to the game without a bill validator?

Open the cabinet door, there will be a power supply in there with a black switch both on front and back of it.
Depress the switches on the side of the toggle that has the (-) symbol so that they're "flat".
If plugged in, the video monitor should come to life.
It may display the exact Version you have of that game.
Take a photo of it and I can tell you whee to pick up a .pfd manual for the board.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »
I have already dug into the game somewhat.

When I first got it the monitor was way too bright and had some lines on it. The image is unreadable due to how bright it is. I adjusted the flyback brightness level but when the game PCB is connected it is either too bright to read anything or too dark. There is no middle ground or sweet spot. There is a subtle image of Poker Cards and stats on the screen but it's way too bright to read.

I moved the Game Select switch on top of the monitor and it went into a diagnostic screen and I was able to adjust the brightness well enough to get some good colors and grid so the monitor appears to be working fine. As soon as you switch that "SELECT GAME" switch back for the game pcb to come up, it's way too bright again to read anything other than seeing a few poker cards and stats on the screen but again they are unreadable due to the brightness.

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 04:55:15 PM »
A few additional pics that may help identify this particular cab.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 07:39:19 PM »
You have an 8-Liner game stuck in a microwave stand?  :rotfl:

Microwave stand. That's classic! I need to remember that!

CudaSales,

What you have is basically a Hybrid. There were a few 3rd party companies in Vegas that would take scrap old machines and stuff them in a new pretty oak cabinet and pass them of to visitors for $$$ who wanted something at home.  I believe this is one.  Now, you need to find out what the donor machine was.  You will need to post some photos of the e-prom markings or better yet any nomenclature markings on the PCB.

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 07:42:20 PM »
Interesting.

I am finding quite a few of this style cabinet online but also with no information.

They all have the same brass hardware and oak cabinet style so I would assume someone possibly mass produced these?

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 07:53:45 PM »
I looked at the Game PCB to see if I could find any identifying marks possibly silkscreened on the board or identification stickers.

The only information that stood out was the following but Google was no help.

CS455202

Copyright 1984
Nevada Video INC

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 08:34:51 PM »
ok...the power supply was made in June of '89...I see the power switch on it.
The coin hopper looks like a Bally hopper?
The MPU board with ALL THOSE EPROMS??? I have no idea.....wow!
Nevada Video Inc..... Personally, I've never hear of them.
You might want to get in touch with NLG member Channelmaniac.
He might have an idea about this MPU board.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 08:46:16 PM »
"WOW" is exactly right LOL

I am use to arcade game boards with a lot more EPROMS so they are no big issue.

For now I am going to read the EPROMS and backup the data onto my computer just to be safe. Unfortunately I dont have anything to compare them with to see if they are corrupt but I am assuming they are ok as I can see something come up on the monitor but it's just too hard to see what it is.

If I could just figure out the game board and find a manual, things would be so much easier.

Unfortunately without a manual I have no idea what the dip switches do .

I really appreciate the help and info. This is going to be an interesting project. I would love to get this working as it would look so cool next to my Tapper since it also has brass style hardware.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2023, 05:17:00 AM »
Could you run the video to a LCD screen/monitor with an adapter/convertor to see what the MPU is outputting?

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »
 I know this is not much help.  My guess is that the donor machine for this was an old "P&M Coin" machine probably a slant top or bar top. The board and power supply look like something I remember seeing a long time ago.

Offline CudaSales

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2024, 11:00:49 AM »
I took a break during the holidays but I did find more information on this particular setup.

I found another person who had the same brass Lions Head on their cabinet and they told me that these were all made by BALLY.

Their cabinet had a Bally plate attached where mine does not.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 12:43:16 PM »
CudaSales,

After a brief Google search, I found these two items.  I still believe that the donor machine was a P&M Coin machine.  It's hard to tell in the one small image but, it appears to be the same power supply as yours. The discussion is here https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/p-m-coin-video-poker-question.42276/.

Also, the attached image of the manual states "Nevada Video, Inc. /dba P&M Coin".   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal