New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma 1989 Video Poker Problem  (Read 2990 times)

Offline SummitTrouble

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • SummitTrouble New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma 1989 Video Poker Problem
« on: October 15, 2019, 02:57:59 AM »
I have a Sigma Joker Poker game that is stuck in the test mode (the center card says TEST). This started by a hopper tilt, when someone hit the COLLECT/PAYOUT button and there weren't enough coins in the hopper to make the payout. I managed to get the game playing again, but in the test mode. I don't have a manual and I can't clear the machine out of the test mode. It's a 1 to 10 coin game, it accepts the quarters, registers the credits, plays and awards credits for winning hands. The payout light is off and you can't collect on the credits, won't payout. How do I get the game out of the TEST mode? I have tried everything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carl It's a I-2211 model I found on the tag.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:21:23 AM by SummitTrouble »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Sigma 1989 Video Poker Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:14:22 AM »
typically on SIGMA machines you have to reset a tilt using the first key switch on the right hand side of the machine, it is a barrel key, not the same one you would use for the door lock. turning it should reset the hopper empty tilt.

try this and see what happens.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 12:56:23 AM »
I have tried that, there are three barrel locks there on the upper side right, I have reset it, but I will try again with door closed this time.

Tried the reset switch again, nothing, still has "test" in the center card. It plays, just no payout lit button. I'll take a picture of it. Maybe do a short video. I hurt my back again, and moving slow today. I'll do pic and video as soon as I can this week. Sure would like to get this fixed, so it's back to 100%.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 04:27:27 AM by SummitTrouble »

Offline wjpelka

• Reputation Power: 7
  • wjpelka New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:34:57 AM »
On my SG-50B the door switch has a white plastic plunger. If I pull it out while the door is open, it acts as if the door is closed. That will allow you to run the machine with the "Guts" of the machine accessible.

Not sure which of the poker machines you have but I did find this print. It might help fix your problem. I also found a you tube 22 minute video on a Sigma Poker Machine. I did not watch it all to see if they opened it up or if it would be of any value to you.

Going to try and post a PDF of what might be your machine. Not sure what model your's is, but this is a SG-112B. "B" meaning that you have a DBV for paper money...

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »
Check for any wires that might have come off on your Barrel switches to reset the game. Check to make sure all the plugs and connetors on the CPU board are in place and secure. You could check your power supply's above the CPU board for the correct voltage. you might have one or two power supply's on your machine. One is for 12volts and if you have two the other one would be 5volts. if you have a multimeter check the voltage output on each one. You can adjust the voltage output by turning the white knob to the right on the power supply. If you only have one power supply then it would be both 12v and 5v. Also you want to make sure the hopper is making contact with the plug, making sure it is all the way pushed in. Make sure that all the connectors on the distritution P.C.B board on the door are secure and check all the wire to the game buttons that they are secure also.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 01:54:17 PM »
is there any change when you push in the cherry switch plunger? that should indicate to the cpu that the door has been closed and the game is now in the play mode.  likewise if you pull the plunger out, it should also indicate the door closed and be in the play mode. 

did you do anything else to the machine to try and clear?

JIm

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 03:51:53 AM »
Hi Jim, no, I just tried the reset switch, I believe it cleared back when the tilt occurred. But since then it has been stuck in this "Test" mode. I'll get a picture or short video. I know it has to be something fairly simple, I'm just missing it. I'll remove hopper, spin it some, and push back in game, make sure it's seated. Thanks again, Jim, will get that pic or video soon, Regards, Carl

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 05:47:54 AM »
here is a picture of the "TEST" mode in center card on monitor, I tried clearing with reset switch, I though maybe switch was bad so I jumped the two wires, same thing, didn't help. Has got to be something simple I am over looking! I have tried the cherry switch in and out, doesn't clear "Test" mode. I have checked all the door wiring, everything looks good, there was that one wire disconnected by main power switch, I connected to the spade there, didn't do anything, I think that wire was disconnected when I got the machine. What does the manual say about clearing "Test" mode? The video wouldn't upload, file to large, even for short video.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:15:11 AM by SummitTrouble »

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 06:21:28 AM »
Have you tried to push the test button again? then turning the Last barrel switch, should be marked (LAST) a couple of times.By turning the switch 3 times will bring you back to the start of the game. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 06:45:03 AM »
we are talking about two switches, the reset (barrel switch on the side of the machine) and the door open/close switch (located inside the machine) usually when the door switch is activated in any direction it will trigger an alarm, usually a bell sounding noise to indicate that the door has been opened or closed, do you hear the alarm?

as a last chance effort to get the game running (provided there is not a switch miswired) I have changed a dip switch setting, this will usually generate a promt on the screen to turn the rest switch to acknowledge the change, when you do this, remember what dip switch you changed and then return it to its original position.

there are usually two sets of dip switches on the board, hopefully they are not hard wired on the bottom side of the board.

sounds like there is a switch wired in the door open mode ??

Jim
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:08:17 AM by shortrackskater »

Signature:

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:53:39 AM »
The reset switch is on the outer cabinet, top right, I tried that; the other switch is the door switch on the inside, top left. Yes the machine does give it's beeping alarm each time the door is opened, and when you initially turn on the game. That works fine. Also, I noticed a "Door-D" on the lower right side of monitor. See pics. The machine runs as it should, it plays, pays credits, play with coins or credits won, just doesn't payout and the test message in the center card. see pics below. What does Door-D mean?

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 08:39:24 AM »
Door-D is the cabinet drop door closed.
When the lettering is red it a past error that has cleared and the display will clear after a game is played.
When the lettering is blue the condition is current and has not cleared.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 09:06:29 AM »
Door-D means that the Drop door is/was open. You might want to check and see if there is a Cherry switch on the bottom of the machine or a couple of wires just hanging down below that had a jumper connected to them that fell off. The drop door was for the overflow of coins from the hopper and sent them to a can down in the cabinet.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
Maybe this will help.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »
Thank-you! That does help, it explains why the TEST mode occurs. Now, how do you clear that test mode? Are there more instructions to that sheet you posted to clear the test mode? The procedure to clear TEST mode? What is the drop door, and where is it located? I understand what the machine door is, but not the drop door. It appears the drop door must be closed for TEST mode to be cleared?

I figured out what the drop door is, I think, that coin divert that allows the coins to drop down the chute to a coin box under the cabinet? Instead of going in the hopper? when machine is turned on, the drop door closes so coins go to hopper. when that door is open, coins got to drop box. Bit what is next step to clear TEST mode? 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:17:46 PM by SummitTrouble »

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Try procedure 2 and see if that clear's the Door-D issue. Don't know if you have two keys for your machine or not. But if you don,t I would jumper the meter switch and use your key for the reset switch. Just follow the instructions for procedure #2.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
I will try that, I do have 2 keys to the machine.  #2 doesn't really say anything, do you have the next page in the manual? Is there a #5 instruction?

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »
Did I forget to upload the image. If I forgot here it is.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 04:17:16 AM »
I just have 1 key for reset, meter, and last game switches, so I'll jump the rest switch, turn on the meter switch, turn the power on and un-jump the reset switch, hopefully that will clear the test mode. I'll let you know, Can you email me that manual? If you have downloaded?

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 12:31:45 PM »
OK, I fixed it, I did above procedure, it cleared out everything. The trouble was the purple wire above main power switch got pulled of it's blade connector, so I slipped it back on the middle blade on the connector, and it eliminated that "Test" mode, the M-Door and Door-D message was eliminated from lower right screen, after I won a some credits, the payout light lit after Game Over. So it's running 100% again! That wire is associated with the coin door. When you open the coin door, you get that beeping alarm noise, and the 'TEST" lights up on the center car. When you close the door, the "TEST" message goes away, and after playing 1 game, the Door-D and M-Door messages also go away. Thanks for the help and direction to fix it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal