New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 Curved Display  (Read 9934 times)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha 2 Curved Display
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 03:47:16 PM »
Installed the Curve for the first time today. That monitor is heavy. In order to secure it in the door you have to align the 2 pins in top of the door with the holes in the top of the monitor, then align the 2 screw holes at the bottom with the holes in the frame of the monitor.  In my case the screw holes were a bit off so had to carefully pull the monitor out from the top pins while in the horizontal position.  Not that easy to do.  Would be easier with 2 people doing this.  Also, had to make several cables to make it complete since the cables that come with the machine only gets you half way there.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 04:04:25 PM »
Another

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
Looks good! I had a feeling it's not that easy to do but able to do it if your careful. Is the monitor and the glass one unit right?
-------
Charles

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Yes, 1 assembly. But the front (3) pieces are kind of clamped in place with adjustable foam rubber lined clips.  Not the sturdiest way, but as long as pressure is applied, it works.  Just have to be careful not to mess up the touch screen.  I added touch screen tape all around to sandwich it all together.

Offline gunnerbill

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Agree about the touch screen. I like the idea about the tape. Thanks did mine too.  :1: :1: :1: :me_too:

Offline peachpit

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • peachpit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »
Congratulation idesign for your conversion...you have done a great job...it looks really awesome :1:

I still would like to do that conversion as well, but i have not found a solution for the wiring until now. Do you have a picture from the wiring maybe especially from the touch screen controler?

Thanks a lot :yes:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
Congratulation idesign for your conversion...you have done a great job...it looks really awesome :1:

I still would like to do that conversion as well, but i have not found a solution for the wiring until now. Do you have a picture from the wiring maybe especially from the touch screen controler?

Thanks a lot :yes:

Sorry, no photos available.  It's pretty crowded in there upside down.  Touch screen controller wiring is just 12V connection, and RS-232 cable, nothing special.  Same power for the Bally background light board.  7 Segment display wiring is standard power connector and USB.  Power board has a connector on it just for that purpose.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
Matt, That is the curve monitor part.  Inside is just a monitor with a projector.  That rig is missing 5-6 Pieces from being a assembley and I question the seller.  First the frame is not there, 2nd the light board,  3rd the touch screen panel, 4th the glass, 5th all the wiring and touch screen controller (it's external mount on these).  Now,  IF the monitor works properly it would be worth 150-200 for a back up.  Also I think I missed a few pieces!.  A locked and loaded one -with Everything needed usually goes for 800 or so----If you can find one.  Oh yea,  The lower display also!. 

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »
You do now!!!!.  :yes:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 04:31:04 PM »
Patriot sells the complete unit for $650

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 04:39:02 PM »
[
With all the wiring?. /quote]

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
[
With all the wiring?. /quote]

Don't know but at least you get a touch screen that is not fucked up

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »
You got 650 in yours???????.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
You got 650 in yours? ??? ??? .

Actually I do, had to get a new touch screen, backlight board assembly, the entire 3 piece assembly.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »
Yep,  Back in the time these were 1200-to-1K!!!! (used).  Had 3 back then.  Have gotten 3 more and used one-Brand new in the box from the factory conversion kits. I would not sell my brand new ones for 1200!!!.  650 is a good buy for used. 

Offline peachpit

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • peachpit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2017, 01:52:05 AM »
Hello everybody,

after losing track of that issue for my machine i would be very happy if somebody could help me now to restart.

I´am looking to get that curved screen, so if somebody has it for sale (complete unit) please let me know.

@buzzarama : PM sent

Thanks a lot for any help,
Dennis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal