New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Help  (Read 490 times)

Offline xwingnutx

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xwingnutx New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King Help
« on: March 02, 2024, 01:49:53 PM »
Hello all. I hope I have finally found the right place to help me with my Game King Multi-Game machine.

I bought it from a "reputable" company approximately 6 years ago. It didn't have the game on it as was advertised.
I contacted the company and asked for the correct game chips. This is where it all went bad.
Long story short. I will no longer contact that company and I am stuck trying to figure this out without them and I've avoided dealing with it for years.
This is where I reach out to the community.
Please take it easy on me as I don't have much experience with these machines specifically but tons of experience with electronics in general.

I have two main boards, two set of game chips, two base chips, and 2 40-keychips (I was told by the company I bought it from that 40 was the chip i needed).
I was under the impression that when I put in the 40 keychip, I would get a menu. I don't (see attachment 10.jpg. Test button and key turn do nothing at this point.

When I try the base chips I get the following EPROM and RAM Errors. (see  attachments 2,5,7,9).

I don't know what to do now.

I'm assuming I need new chips?
I just want any games to play at this point.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.
Andy
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 02:29:50 PM by xwingnutx »

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
Re: Game King Help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 01:51:25 PM »
Attached are my two base chips

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 03:02:30 PM »
That set uses key22.  Post screen of key40.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 04:27:18 PM »
The "Game type not linked" error is telling you that you have a mismatched software set.  M1050 is Game King 5.0  Your GME G4855 and PXL/CGF C1235 are for Game King 5.1P.  M792 (GK5.1P) is the correct base chip to use the the game software you have installed on the board.  If that's the only software set you have then don't use the M1050 at all, it's the wrong one.

Key 22 is the correct key for your game as sixcardmark stated.  If you have a Key 40 it will still give you the menu and you can use it to key your machine, but you have to answer Yes to all three questions on the keychip menu for it to work.  If you put it in and don't get a keychip menu then it's bad. 

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 09:05:20 PM »
Thank you both for replying.

Just so I have this correct.
- I should be using M792 and G4855.
- I should use a Key22.
- I assume both Key40's are bad.

Attaching pics of the 2 sets I have and the 2 Key40's, all of which the company sent me.
The M792 and G4855 were the original chips that came with the machine and worked.
They sent me the others AND the 2 Key40's when I asked why it was missing some games as advertised.

The Key40 does not pass a scrambled screen when inserted.
I've read other topics in this forum and saw the suggestion of trying it with all other chips out. That didn't work.
Where do you suggest I purchase a Key22?

Thank you

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:10 PM »
Ok, your second set is different.  You have them correct now.  M792 goes with G4855 and C1235 and is Game King 5.1P.  M1050 goes with G4857 and C1189 and is Game King 5.0.  The correct key for both is Key22. 

Like I said though you can use Key 40 to key it by answering Yes to all the menu questions, but if you're not getting a keychip menu with either one of those then yes, they're bad.

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 09:33:43 AM »
Thank you for the help Tilt. I really appreciate it.

Neither Key40 will work on my machine. I get no menu. I get the [attached] scrambled screen with both.

Would you be able to recommend somewhere/someone that I should get a Key22 from?

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 09:50:10 AM »
Make sure there are no bent pins, not off a row, and also make sure you do not have it inserted backwards.

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 10:19:46 AM »
Copy that.
All is good. I’ve literally tried hundreds of times over the past few years.
I think I just may have 2 bum keychips.

EDIT:
I just ordered a Key22 from Gamblers Oasis. :fingerscrossed:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 10:40:16 AM by xwingnutx »

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 12:38:33 PM »
So far, so good.
I got the Key22 and it worked like a charm.
Unfortunately, I'm now getting a Main Battery Low error.
I understand that I have to break out my soldering kit.

Thank you both for your help. I greatly appreciate it.
If only the slot company I bought it from knew 7 years ago what Tilt figured out in 2 minutes.

Thanks again.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 04:04:11 PM »
Well you're making good progress  :applause:  Get the battery replaced and you should be back up and running. 

Yes, if it's soldered in you'll have to break out the soldering iron.  Pick up a coin cell battery holder and solder it in place, then the next time you'll be able to just pop it out and pop a new one in.  I use CR2354 cells and holder in mine, they last longer than the CR2032s and are the same as 044 and 1270 batteries.  The downside is they're a bit less common than the 2032's so you probably won't find one hanging in your local drug or grocery store. 

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 09:15:44 AM »
I read on another thread in the forum that someone took theirs to Batteries Plus and they soldered in a battery sled for them.
I decided to take mine there too. They didn’t have the sled, but did replace the battery for me.
Now I’m up and running!

And for complete clarification, can I or can I not use the other set of game chips in my machine?

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2024, 09:20:00 AM »
Yes you can install and setup either set, just don't get anything mixed up from one set to the other.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2024, 10:17:33 AM »
I forgot about Batteries Plus, probably because I don't have one nearby.  Glad to hear you got everything fixed up and running again :applause:

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2024, 01:44:26 PM »
I sincerely appreciate everyones help with this. :cheers:

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 02:36:28 PM »
One last question here instead of opening a new thread.
How do I know what Clear chip I need for an incoming TITO?

My options on GamblersOasis:
Clear Chip 97 for IGT S2000
Clear Chip 224 for IGT S2000
Clear/Key Ship RBK-1 for IGT S2000

Thank you

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 03:51:47 PM »
The correct answer is none of the above  :Tongue_Out:  Key 22 has the ability to clear the CMOS RAM and backplane EEPROM.  Just answer Yes to those questions when you get the Keychip menu up.  The keys you listed are for spinning reel slots.

Offline xwingnutx

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 04:04:46 PM »
Thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal