New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Jackpot Stampede Deluxe PDU board circuit diagram/schematic?  (Read 745 times)

Offline MartolFart

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MartolFart New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Jackpot Stampede Deluxe PDU board circuit diagram/schematic?
« on: September 06, 2019, 12:05:28 PM »

With the help of this site, I was able to get this machine going again, first with a replacement power supply board and then with an ATX power supply (currently temporarily connected).... So now I have two of these failed boards (the +/-12VDC and 5VDC supply) I'd like to try and repair with hopefully more robust components and so I'm trying to pull together everything I can find, specifically, a circuit diagram/schematic would be a most helpful starting point. I've scoured this site and the web and found details included in the conversion posts (including a very helpful WMS PDU diagram), but haven't found anything specific to this board, so would like any help the veterans here may be able provide? Thanks in advance!!

Offline MartolFart

• NLG
Re: Jackpot Stampede Deluxe PDU board circuit diagram/schematic?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »
So interestingly (to me anyway....), the info on the transformer (there's really only one with this switcher?!, the other thing that sorta looks like an xformer is an input filter) indicates this supply is actually a power "converter" (AC to DC) type number NFS110 (mfg Artesyn, Astec, Emerson, et al) model 7601 (5VDC, +/- 12 VDC). I would have thought that label was transformer detail and didn't really pay much attention until I started trying to figure out the circuit..... So I guess I'm really looking for a Computer Products (relabelled Artesyn/Emerson I suspect) NFS110-7601 schematic, although I think any NFS 110 circuit diagram would be helpful. Again, really appreciate any help you guys can provide!  :thank_you:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:35:32 PM by MartolFart »

Offline MartolFart

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 08:15:15 PM »
Initial PD indicates power is good up to bulk capacitor (330uF, can't tell from the CB what the component number is) with 165VDC present.... (and hoping I remember to drain it!) I think the chopper MOSFET tests good, so I'm (barely) into looking at this discrete (no IC!) pulse width modulation circuit which I initially suspect has problems.... Again points to the need for a schematic to figure out what's going wrong.....   :Scratch-Head:

Offline MartolFart

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 10:18:20 PM »
Hmmm.... Looks like I'm kinda on my own here at least so far.... So... I've found zilch on NFS 110 and apparently Artesyn is jealously guarding their "IP" for this ancient technology circa late 80s early 90s.... Attached diagram is sorta close to the same topology I think, only lacking the several TL431 which are programmable zenners...

Was waiting on a 100x scope probe to help with diagnostic measurement (I didn't trust my breadboarded divider readings, turns out they were pretty close....). I pulled the bulk 330 uF and the IRF840 and they both tested good out of circuit (as expected).

Current thinking is something on the output has the PWM/drive circuit shut down?  Conventional wisdom sez prolly bad (dried up) electrolytic so shotgun all of them with tantalums. So need to order em up.... If it fires up then maybe think about putting some cooling on the PDU.

Thought from gray beards out there?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:55:47 AM by MartolFart »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 04:23:29 AM »
Recapping in most cases resolved many PS failures. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal