New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB1 Prepart and Partition Validation Errors  (Read 1409 times)

Offline sgiowa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sgiowa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS BB1 Prepart and Partition Validation Errors
« on: March 06, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
I see a few responses to DSS Signature Validation issues, but I have both this and a Partition issue and I have seen responses that it could be CF cards and some ending in the BIOS. Thought I would see if there is anyone who can help with the errors on this machine.Hope I am posting in the proper location! :-)
Not my first Slot Machine, but my first WMS for sure: I debated on even buying it, as I don’t mind tinkering and a project, but wasn’t sure how deep. Now I am in deep! LOL
The 24v-dc power supply failed when previous owner had it and was confirmed by me and a volt meter showing no power and the CPU 24v light would not turn on (green). purchased the machine and another 24vdc power supply. Plugged in and all lights power up on the CPU and Backplane as green for proper voltage now.

When trying to boot up machine with game card and OS card, the reels spin in a slow-motion jerky fashion and display eventual ends up with a “Partition DSS signature Validation Failed”. The screen is also cut off on the left side a bit most of the time, it tries loading.
I bought a Clear Card and when I load the Clear Card, the reels still spin in the slow motion and display eventually ends up with “Prepart DSS signature Validation with all keys failed” message. The screen is still off kilter with the left side cut off a bit.
I mention the screen because there were a few times, that after trying to load, the screen would be showing all info correct (not off center on the left), but it is random.

I am NOT sure what was done before I got the machine, but my gut is leaning towards the BIOS chip having an issue, but I don’t want to push you in that direction as you know more about these than I do for sure!
I don’t feel that the CF cards are bad, only because I get a similar issue with the new Clear Card. I could agree I could have got a bad Clear Card, but with the other issues loading, I have to think it is something else. But maybe he toasted the game and os cards?
When cards are loaded, I get the following RIGHT after the memory check on bootup (had to shoot video and pause, but all other things report ok directly after the memory check that flashes by)636k System RAM Passed
503M Extended RAM Passed
256k Cache SDRAM Passed
System BIOS Shadowed
Video BIOS Shadowed
Mouse initialized

Empty (Game slot)/Clear Card (OS Slot):Disk 0 – FF00644K1S—S-152-WS (I think this is the Clear Card)“Prepart DSS signature Validation with all keys failed” message

Game (Game Slot) / OS Card (OS Slot)
Disk 0 – Smart CF
(I note that there is no info on OS card as it should be disk 0 and the game disk 1 when loading with game/OS cards are both in right?)
“Partition DSS signature Validation Failed”. (I note this is a PARTITION error, no longer a prepart)
Also, when the Game/OS are loaded, it does proceed to “Reading” 1% thru 100%, then finishes with the error above. The clear card just goes right to the error with no “Reading”..
I have replaced the 2 batteries with new ones and verified measurements at 3v.
The Bios chip is CCE4 – SBOT-0001-2000
Memory is 512mb PC133-333
What are your thoughts regarding the slow reel spin (which starts almost right away when turning machine on)? I have heard from a reliable source that this is always normal.. Just looks and acts weird.

There are 2 USB slots on top of CPU by Ethernet connector. Do these work if you want to plug in a keyboard? Mine does not. Just curios.Help and THANKS!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:34:32 PM by sgiowa »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: WMS BB1 Prepart and Partition Validation Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »
Yes  the reels will jitter like that till it is ready to play.  The display being off center is normal as well till it's ready to play.  I  just went through what you are going through.  I'm no expert on these.  I had the same errors and with guidance from of members recommendations that the BIOS  needed to be changed to a 2000 (?) Version?  Post in WTB for the BIOS. That  immediately cleared the  errors.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »
Prepart DSS validation failed can also be a bad clear card.  He already has the 2000 bios.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline sgiowa

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 05:49:46 AM »
Thanks for the input!I do have the 2000 BIOS, however I have no way of knowing if its good that I know of as I only have the one. If anyone has one, I am interested in another. They are hard to find it appears.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 09:19:21 AM »
If the bios was bad, you wouldn't get a post screen like you are, you would just get no video at all.  The bios is good, my guess is your clear card has gone bad.  If you at any point inserted the card into a windows 10 machine, it corrupts it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline sgiowa

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
If the bios was bad, you wouldn't get a post screen like you are, you would just get no video at all.  The bios is good, my guess is your clear card has gone bad.  If you at any point inserted the card into a windows 10 machine, it corrupts it.
I bought off E-Bay (my fingers were crossed, I promise).I have never placed into any computer, just the OS slot of machine.Message "Prepart DSS signature validation with all Keys Failed". Worry's me, but not sure if this means the keys on the Bios failed, or the keys on the clear card.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »
Keys don't fail, they are checksum algorithm keys.  if you use a game/os card combination you will probably get passed that error (you will get errors later because the game needs to be cleared).  My bet is the clear card is corrupt.  When validation fails and you have the 2000 bios, it is always the OS card or the clear card.  If you have a bad game card, you will get a validation failed in later stages of the game load.  But if your OS or clear card are corrupt, you get the error you are seeing.

Offline sgiowa

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 10:29:07 AM »
Keys don't fail, they are checksum algorithm keys.  if you use a game/os card combination you will probably get passed that error (you will get errors later because the game needs to be cleared).  My bet is the clear card is corrupt.  When validation fails and you have the 2000 bios, it is always the OS card or the clear card.  If you have a bad game card, you will get a validation failed in later stages of the game load.  But if your OS or clear card are corrupt, you get the error you are seeing.
Great information! Thanks!I have no idea what the previous owner may have done when the 24v power supply went out. This is the unknown variable. People tend to try things they should not.I just thought the law of averages were low (and bad luck) that the Clear Card I ordered would also be bad, since I had the other DSS error with just the game/os card.To re-hash:Game/OS: I get "Partition DSS signature validation failed" - Which to me certainly sounds like a CF/software issue, just not sure which one. You say I should get past the error when these are loaded, but until your email.. now I am leaning toward OS.Empty/Clear Card: I get "Prepart DSS signature validation with all Keys failed" -

I will try getting a different Clear Card and then an OS. My biggest fear is the game card is corrupted as I have no idea how I would find that and my entire glass/reels are built around it. To sad to think about it now, but one bridge at a time I suppose!
 :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal