New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I Game sound error  (Read 997 times)

Offline Slotcowboy

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Slotcowboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I Game sound error
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
On startup my Igame has an error message Sound Rom error. This happens intermittently, not all the time. If I open the door and turn reset key then turn the machine off and back on it normally comes on. From my reading it may be the sound board on the monitor or  maybe a loose connection.  Does anyone have an idea and potentially fix. Attached is a pic of the screen upon startup.
 :thank_you:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I Game sound error
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:10 AM »
Post a pic of mpu.  Turn off machine before removing.

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »
Believe this is the one, I  have a S2000 4 reel but I don't think this is it. Had already taken pics of them and don't think they are the same are they.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:36:48 PM »
Believe this is the one, I  have a S2000 4 reel but I don't think this is it. Had already taken pics of them and don't think they are the same are they.

That's a S2000 MPU. Looks like Super Spin Sizzling 7 software. What sound SIMM is on your 3902 MPU? It's either the wrong one or it is bad. The correct SIMM is DSS00235. There's no "sound board on the monitor".
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 02:00:29 PM »
My bad it is a Super Stars Spin. I thought this was the correct board I already had a pic of. What is this board number of the S2000. Guess I will have to pull the board from the I game, I am reluctant to pull it because when I pulled it years ago I had problems. If I turn off the machine and pull the board I won't loose any settings will I?  So the I  game board number is 3902.

Sorry for the trouble I am still a rookie.
 :thank_you:

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »
Sounds like previously you may have pulled the board with the power on? NEVER PULL THE BOARD WITH THE POWER ON.  :burningresistor: :burningresistor:

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 01:38:55 PM »
I am trying to send a pic of the actual MPU but I keep getting a notice file is to large. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong. The file shows 2.35 MB and I sent the above pic with no problems.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »
I am trying to send a pic of the actual MPU but I keep getting a notice file is to large. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong. The file shows 2.35 MB and I sent the above pic with no problems.
Pic Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 5000KB, maximum individual size 1000KB

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 03:32:21 PM »
Okay I am still trying to send a pic of the MPU for some reason my camera is shooting to large a file based upon last reply. In early reply RB said the simm should be dss00235 the one on the media lite board is  dss00177 are these compatible? I have been running this machine for 5 years with 5his simm and only started having this proble about a month ago.

Does anyone know where I can get a dss00235 if that is what I really need. Just wonder why the 00177 has been working all this time.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »

I see that your picture above is 2.35kb....big difference from 2.35MB....like multiplied by a thousand kb's! lol

I downloaded paint.net onto my laptop.
I take a photo, save it to my desktop, open it with paint and resize the pixel size of either width or height (whichever is larger) to 1000 and save it to my desktop.
From the post, I click on "Attachments", look for the resized photo on my desktop and click on that.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »
Attached is a pic of the MPU. Looks like the multi media board has a dss00177 sound card. It has been working for 5 years and just started having error. Could it be the media board?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »
That sound simm has been relabeled. Probably has been re-flashed as 177 is for a poker set. 

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 08:31:40 AM »
It has been working on my Cleo machine does that make sense. It just started not booting up but sometimes if I I turn the machine off and on again eventually it boots up. In a  previous reply RB said the proper simm is a dss00235. Do I need one and if so any idea where to find one, I have been looking with no luck.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
Try removing the mml board with simm and try booting up.  It should boot up OK with no mml card or simm, just no sound  I do have the correct simm for cleo.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal