New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King NO boot, Blinking Red light  (Read 2792 times)

Offline MrSub

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MrSub New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Game King NO boot, Blinking Red light
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 08:06:38 AM »
I am ordering a 044 board and am wondering if I need any chips to reset anything. I have been looking but not found if I need to do anything in part from putting my flash board on the MPU I am buying. I have the 39 chip currently in the flash board.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 08:09:42 AM »
the 39 is a keychip and a boot chip, shouldn't need anything else

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 08:11:22 AM »
Yep, the GKBDEV39 is all you need.

Offline MrSub

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MrSub New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »
MPU arrived today and I got it installed. I ran into a DSA failure on boot. I held the reset button on boot and turned off DSA check on startup. It took awhile to check the flash. I then had a flash error, eeprom error and Processor board id mismatch. After running through all the resets and clearing the machine is booted and working. I ended up turning off DSA and SHA check on startup and now it boots quickly.

The next issue we had is the greenish fuzzy screen(shown in my first post) instead of the black background when in the boot menu. Sometime the screen would display fuzzy and sometimes it wouldn't have power(green light was not on under the screen) when turning on the machine. After a power down and resetting of the screen it came back but still fuzzy. I even swapped the power supply with the  one I originally bought. One time I noticed the Light at the top, behind the game king glass, was not on and the screen was perfect. The ballast kicked the light on and the screen was greenish and snowy again.
I took out the light and still fuzzy screen. I kind of gently put the screen in and closed the door and the screen cleared up for a few minutes.

After kind of hitting the door at the bottom right of the screen several time The screen cleared up and has been working perfect. The touchscreen is off a little in a area toward the top but otherwise it is good. We have been able to open and close the door without the screen going fuzzy.
I know it is some type of connection issue as it clears up, I just have to trace or find a diagram to figure out all the connections.

End of story with a working IGT Game King. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal