New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Finally got my Game King; now what?  (Read 854 times)

Offline ScottyK

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • ScottyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Finally got my Game King; now what?
« on: March 02, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
Hello everyone.

So I finally pulled the trigger and brought home my first Game King.  I think I got a pretty good deal, even though it is in somewhat of a rough shape.  I'm relatively new to this hobby (I got a BB1 for the wife this past holiday; Dean Martin's Wild Party), but I do have experience in working on pinball machines (which I've owned for 17 years), so I'm keen on working on this to get it in really good working order.

So where to begin:  First of all, what do I have?  (See pics)  From reading many other threads I know there are all kinds of different configurations.  From what I've gathered, I think I have a 3902.  The chip set is as follows:

GME1&2: G0000788 (this was hand-written on the chip; could it be 789?)
CG1&2: C 0000351
PXL1&2: C 0000351
SND1&2: SWC 00046

I'm thinking this would be GameKing 4.something.  (Also, please note that I can't get into the diagnostics menu at the moment, as the touchscreen has a crack in it!  I've got a replacement on order that should be coming soon.  If interested, I started another thread on this subject: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=27372.msg144400#new)

At some point I'm going to want to change the games on this; which key chip should I get?

Next, oh my goodness, but how noisy this puppy is!  Compared to my BB1, this one could wake the dead!  I think replacing both fans would be in order here, although I believe the main culprit to be the one on the MPU.  I got the model numbers and found that, not unexpectedly, both have been long obsoleted.  I've started to do some research on the original specs of each fan and figure I can get a couple from Digikey, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea on suitable replacements that are currently available?

Moving on, eventually I would like to add BettorTITO capability to this (I have this on my BB1), but I don't have a printer.  Is there a recommended one that I should get?  I found a GEN1 for $15; I know it's not top-of-the-line, but I think it would be suitable in the home environment, no?  I'd also need the bezel for the front.  Is there a mounting bracket inside that I would need?  Also, a cable, and what would I need to connect it to?

Lastly, I think I solved something of a mystery on my own.  As one can see from the pics, the button configuration is a bit confusing.  It seems that the “Bet One Credit” button is missing from the panel.  The person that I bought it from seemed equally confused about this, and told me upfront that it seemed that you could only bet maximum credits.  So I opened the door last night and started to poke around a bit to see if there was an opening on the harness.  Much to my surprise, I found the lower half of the button assembly pushed down right where it should have been, and the hole in the panel had been filled with a blank.  I pulled it through the hole and tested it, and it seems to work fine.  I'll just need to get a new button assembly to replace it.

So that's where I'm at at the moment.  If anyone has any additional thoughts, or can correct my deductions, or can steer me in the right direction regarding the parts that I'm looking for, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
Re: Finally got my Game King; now what?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
(more pics...)

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 06:03:12 PM »
(still more pics...)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 06:48:21 PM »
Yes 3902 game king set 4.x

You can change it to any 4.x or 5.x game king set or 3902 I-game set by swapping out chips and simms. 

Some games use key17, some 22, and most newer 3902 use key40.

Any and all of the above can be found right here with a wtb ad.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »
Thanks for confirming that for me, sixcardmark.

And thanks for the info on the key chips.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 01:44:59 PM »
RB here on the site is a great resource for getting key chips. 

the key 37 is the newer version of the 17 and works 99.9% of the time.

with key 40 most the time it seems you have to clear all ram/eeprom just to get into the setup menu.

i mainly use the 37 anymore unless i am totally changing the game and need to clear all meters and such

attached is a psr for your base chip (m0000529)

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
Thanks wizeone; that is very helpful information.

So it would probably make sense for me to get both the 37 and 40 key chips; one to get to the menu, and the other to do the complete clear.

Thanks also for the psr; very informative.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 12:43:40 PM »
BTW, I recently wanted to do a keychip on this setup, and 37 did not work.  All I saw was a pink/purple screen.  So I wound up doing it with the 40, which was the "nuclear option", I'm afraid.  What a PIA that was!

I guess I'll need something else; maybe the 17?  Thoughts?

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 12:44:59 PM »
the pink is all you will see.. after that you put the base chip back in and when it comes up it will go to the keychip menu

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 12:48:08 PM »
Aha! Now I understand.

I'm going to have to try it now; thanks so much for clearing that up!

(Silly noob that I am - -  :duh: )

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 12:51:21 PM »
Just wait til you see two amber lights on the mpu before you turn machine off.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »
OK; got it!  :cool_thumb_up:

UPDATE: Perfect; worked like a charm.  Thanks guys! :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal