New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My 2nd IGT Poker and , it needs help  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: My 2nd IGT Poker and , it needs help
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2020, 07:27:59 AM »
Yeah, the monitor shelf has to be adjusted so it's back about as far as it can go.  Also make sure that you scraped any gasket material off the frame that was left from the CRT bezel.  Now that you have a working touchscreen get the game version information.  Press the MPU test button, then Accounting->Program Version Accounting.  A blank page will appear and after 15 seconds or so it will populate with information.  Post the M000XXXX and G000XXXX numbers or just post a picture of the screen.

You'll need a key or keychip to enable/disable the hopper and to change the denomination. 

I've never seen a 4 stage candle on one of these machines.  One way to get it to quit blinking is to remove the bulb. 

Offline Hiram

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hiram New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »
Thanks Tilt -- Well , Not really a good day ....
The new 3902 board , Tray and #40  Keychip came in from Slots$Home ..no damage and they came fast...Darryl is great to deal with !!
I carefully removed them from the static proof bubblewrap and called Darryl . He stayed on the phone and talked me through the keychip and programming.
 I removed the base chip ..installed the #40 keychip (no legs bent and the half moon detent matched with the base) . I slid the new 3902 tray with the key  in and we set the denom to 25cents , then disabled the Bill Validator[/size] . I then exited the key menu and shut down the game ...I took the keychip out and put the base chip back in , slid the tray back in & turned it on ...it cycled through all the color screens like normal , then said wait while initializing - then a message came up about an EPROM problem . I turned the key , that message left and a screen came up saying "Processor Board Mismatch" ..Darryl told me to turn the key again and  it went to a coin jam screen . I tried changing the quarter in my coin unit ..no difference . Then Darryl said my coin unit is a really old one ..so I asked if maybe the new 3902 board won't work with this old coin comparitor  ...he said it should still work with it . Now remember ..all yesterday we played the machine even though it was set for 1cent the comparitor had a quarter in it and I'd drop in a quarter and it would credit me for 1 penny ...but all the games worked with the old 3802. Here are some pics ..more to follow

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
Part 2 -- So Darryl asked me to remove the Tray again and put the Keychip back in ..and then slide the tray back , turn the game back on and go through the whole process again. I did ..The screen came up saying to reset and reboot everything ..did it all and then powered down , removed the keychip and put the base chip back ...stid the Tray back in and powered up ...color screens again , then initializing please wait . At one point I ended up with a black screen and a thing white line at the top with some garbled image --

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2020, 06:14:05 PM »
Is your new 3902 board setup for coin in? That’s done by enabling the hopper? I know you set the Denom, but if the game doesn’t know it’s setup for coin by turning on the hopper, you may get that error message.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2020, 06:21:22 PM »
Part 3 --Turned it on and off ..that screen went away and I went back to the coin jam message . Yes ..I forgot to mention the Hopper was enabled   :) 
 I know I asked this before but , Darryl had me send him pictures of my 3802 Motherboard (back plane)  ...he compared it with his 3902 motherboard and he said it doesn't match his. He asked me to post this problem here to see if any of you have ever run into this problem before. Maybe my old 3802 back plane motherboard is way too old for the 3902 ? I'm hoping the problem is something stupid and easy that I'm missing here ...here are pictures of my 3802 Motherboard.
and in the other shot ...you can see the new games on the 3902 board are showing behind the coin jam message so ...the board is working , but for some reason the game won;t talk with the coin comparitor and it thinks there's a jam.
Any ideas gents ?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:49 PM »
EEPROM and Processor ID Mismatch error messages are 100% normal when you swap a MPU board. After you follow the onscreen directions (turn key, press and hold etc) the EEPROM will get updated with the game and processor id information.  Coin in jam is not a normal error, but you've had problems with that on your 3802 board too, so it's not likely it's the new processor causing it.  Try re-seating your I/O card tray and see if that makes any difference.   

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »
Thanks for coming in on this and yes ...I slid that upper Tray out and then slid it back in  --when I was in Key program mode , I enabled the Hopper , set it for 25 cents and disabled the Bill Transport the saved it ---But I've had EPROM and even RAM failure messages besides the coin jam ...but the Jam seems to be the most persistent notice

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »
Part 3 --Turned it on and off ..that screen went away and I went back to the coin jam message . Yes ..I forgot to mention the Hopper was enabled   :) 
 I know I asked this before but , Darryl had me send him pictures of my 3802 Motherboard (back plane)  ...he compared it with his 3902 motherboard and he said it doesn't match his. He asked me to post this problem here to see if any of you have ever run into this problem before. Maybe my old 3802 back plane motherboard is way too old for the 3902 ? I'm hoping the problem is something stupid and easy that I'm missing here ...here are pictures of my 3802 Motherboard.
and in the other shot ...you can see the new games on the 3902 board are showing behind the coin jam message so ...the board is working , but for some reason the game won;t talk with the coin comparitor and it thinks there's a jam.
Any ideas gents ?

The reason the motherboard looks different is because it is.  I'm sure he's comparing it to one from a 17" GK cabinet.  Your OLDER 13" GK does not use the same motherboard as the newer 17" cabinets, but it is completely compatible with a 3902 MPU. See my previous post about re-seating the IO card tray.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
Thanks for coming in on this and yes ...I slid that upper Tray out and then slid it back in  --when I was in Key program mode , I enabled the Hopper , set it for 25 cents and disabled the Bill Transport the saved it ---But I've had EPROM and even RAM failure messages besides the coin jam ...but the Jam seems to be the most persistent notice
That's probably because you told the machine to clear ram and clear eeprom when you keyed it (answered yes to all three questions).  So then yes RAM error and EEPROM error messages are 100% normal too in that case.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2020, 06:47:15 PM »
 Then maybe the new 3902 board doesn't like my antique coin comparitor ?
Here's a picture of my coin unit--
Also ...here's a picture of Darryls 3902 backplane and what you're saying explains the difference ...I thought (it looked like)  mine was a larger board and the i/o slid into the  upper part and the MPU Board slid into the lower part of the board ----was I wrong ? Maybe because of the shelf being there I didn't know (couldn't see) there are actually 2 different boards on the back wall of my game and not one big one ? ...So ...the problem is not with the backplane  ...but for some new reason , the 3902 does not like my coin unit

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »
Hi Tilt ..yes , I did slide out the upper i/o tray and then slide it back in and checked all the plugs. Then ..I thought I'd put the old 3802 Board back in so at least Lisa can play ...that was a mistake , now that board won't work either . Darryl said I'd have to use the #40 keychip on it to reprogram it now otherwise it won't work. So ...we got to play it with the new screen yesterday but ..now it's dead again. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:10:55 AM by Hiram »

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »

Quote from Tilt -- That's probably because you told the machine to clear ram and clear eeprom when you keyed it (answered yes to all three questions).  So then yes RAM error and EEPROM error messages are 100% normal too in that case.

ok .. how do I fix that now and reprogram the Ram & Eprom ?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
Yes, your motherboard is a single large board and the I/O board plugs into the top connector and the MPU the lower two connectors.

That coin comparitor CC-16D was used in all game king/I-game machines and S2000 spinning reel slots too,  It's completely compatible with your 3902 board and is not the cause for your coin in jam error anyhow.  You can unplug it and the machine will not care, but the coins won't be accepted either.  The coin in jam comes fromthe optics below it (black plastic looking thing with a connector plugged in on the left side).  Pull the compartor out of it's plastic retainer clips and inspect/clean out the slots in the optic block.  It may have dust, a piece of debris, or something else blocking the optics path.  Also check that connector that the comparitor and optics connect to on the right side of the door by the hinge.  Pull them apart and reconnect them.  Same with where it connects to the I/O tray.  It's the long connector on the bottom left row.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »

ok .. how do I fix that now and reprogram the Ram & Eprom ?
Follow the onscreen directions.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2020, 07:27:48 PM »
ok . thanks , I'll try

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2020, 01:53:33 AM »
Part1 -- I started in on it again around 10 last night and kept at it until 4am . I have no idea how many times I used the Keychip and re-installed the basechip then kept trying different settings , combinations , enabling and disabling functions , cleaning contacts and plugs ...looking things up on the internet trying to figure out what things like that Bally deal was ...I tried my best but , it wasn't good enough !! Some of the menu options offer serial number or port numbers and , I am too afraid to touch anything on those screens and left them alone. I did use the "Test Hopper" function and it spit 10 quarters at me (door was open) so , at least I know the Hopper works lol . I took a few shots so you can see ...but now , I'm hitting the sack ..I'm done for today

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2020, 02:01:34 AM »
no matter what I changed ...what I did ..I always ended up with that coin jam message.  The only good thing is , I am now VERY good at changing that Key and Base Chip without bending any pins.  I don't think there' any problems with any of the hardware , we know the 3902 Boards were working when Darrel mailed them and , the whole game was playing 2 nights ago with the old 3802 board (except for the Bill Validator and Hopper) ..there's something I'm missing here but , I can't find any posts where someone else ran into the same issues

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2020, 02:10:32 AM »
Scroll up to my "Part 1" Post above then read down to this post so everything is in context  ..thanks -- One thing that does have me wondering though ...on the "LIMIT SETUP" page , the "COIN PAYOUT" is set at Disabled and I can not figure out how to change that-- or the "Jackpot reset to credit limit " ...both of those are Disabled ...but , I enabled the Hopper ---could this be the cause of the Coin Jam message ? I read on other posts that even the Bill Validator can cause coin jam messages so  ...maybe ?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2020, 06:15:41 AM »
I think part if not all of your problem lay with the enabling of the setting I have circled with the arrow pointing at it. The other thing I would do while your setting up the game is to increase the credits setting to the max allowed. Double check you coin optics and coin comparitor plug.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2020, 08:54:24 AM »
Ok, so after all of that where are we at?  Both the 3802 and 3902 boards giving you a Coin In Jam error message? 

Put away the keychip for now, there's no software settings that will cause you to get a coin-in jam error message, but I'm sure you learned something from staying up all night tinkering with them.
You have a hardware problem, but before I can help you any further I need to know the answer to my question above.  I'm also not sure if you checked any of the stuff I told you to check either?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:00:35 AM by Tilt »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal