New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha Pro 2 V22/22 LCD Topper and game software  (Read 17000 times)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha Pro 2 V22/22 LCD Topper and game software
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 05:30:07 AM »
Need an A08 board to drive that $450 Super Topper
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline gunnerbill

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
      So, here is your chance...... There is a seller offering every type of top Video monitor for the Bally. What ever is your desires, there it is. I myself have been searching awhile for the super topper.  A few will testify to it. You will never see these again at that price. As soon as they popped up , I grabbed it and a spare. There is still more, you should grab one. almost $300.00 under cost. you will never find one cheaper than these. Plus the seller is a top notch seller that stands by his products. what more can you ask for.

Just my view.

Bill

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 02:26:57 AM »
Jeff, LA Slots also has the driver boards. I got mine from them. I deal with a guy named Betto 1-310-297-9797
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »
First they said they have the correct driver A08 driver board, but then they said they didn't. Topper LEDs won't work correctly without that board, will just constantly flash different colors. So while the super topper may be a good buy, without that board is just an expensive top monitor with a super candle.

Offline peachpit

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • peachpit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 06:18:24 AM »
Yes, i have seen that LA slots offers that toppers via Ebay. But i guess for a Bally Alpha 2 V22/22 the best choice will be a 15" screen...?

Generally: Does anybody have the correct contact informations from LA slots? A time ago i have contacted with Betto from LA Slots as well; but suddenly no more
response from him and the other guys on my mails (they all came back with an error).

Thanks and many greetings,
Dennis

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:40 AM »
Just email laslots@laslot.com or betto@laslots.com

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
      So, here is your chance...... There is a seller offering every type of top Video monitor for the Bally. What ever is your desires, there it is. I myself have been searching awhile for the super topper.  A few will testify to it. You will never see these again at that price. As soon as they popped up , I grabbed it and a spare. There is still more, you should grab one. almost $300.00 under cost. you will never find one cheaper than these. Plus the seller is a top notch seller that stands by his products. what more can you ask for.

Just my view.

Bill

So Bill, where can the driver board be found?  LA Slots says they don't have them.

Offline gunnerbill

• gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 09:33:47 AM »
@ Jeff
     LA Slot had them at one time. So. They may be out of stock at the moment. Just be patient. They will show up or become available soon. Personally.  I would just buy the monitor and search for the card. The monitor is hard to find. I know I am the worst for saying be patient. But the cards will show up.
@ peachpit
   I have seen the 15" video topper. It is very small. If I had to recommend anything,  I would definitely pick the listed 20" or the 22". As Jeff stated about the LCU card. You will need that. And in time, they will show up. Plus, I believe that the A05 card will run all (15", 18.5", 22") video topper except for the Wave, super topper, hammer and the hybrid 21.5" video toppers. These require the A08 card. If im wrong, Please correct me.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 09:46:07 AM »
Yep, thinking about snagging one, just hate seeing it sitting in a box as a boat anchor.

Offline gunnerbill

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 10:07:33 AM »
Doesn't have to sit in the box. Get it & mount it. Video and candle will still work. Just leds will flash.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 10:27:23 AM »
Oh, like it would be unintended attract mode then.  Probably drive me nuts. :24:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »
When I had my wave topper before I got the correct driver, I just left the LED cable unplugged, so it wasn't lit, otherwise, it was an annoying set of flashing lights of all kinds of colors and just a mess.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
Rick, you use an A05 board for yours?

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
@ gunnerbill: Will i need that LCU (AO8) card for a 15" screen as well? Or only for the big ones like the 20" screen for example?

Thanks a lot, Dennis

Offline gunnerbill

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 10:48:02 AM »
It wasnt that noticeable. Plus your not looking at it that long. Im not sure how the super will act. At first I had a 18.5 topper and then swapped out for a 22" wave topper (newer style).

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »
I´am a little confused right now :Scratch-Head:

What do you think will be the best choice of that lcd-topper for a Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/22 machine? The 15" ? The 20" ? Or that 22" wave topper that LA Slots offers right now as well?

Offline gunnerbill

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
@ peachpit
      I believe that the A05 card will run all (15", 18.5", 20", 22") video topper.
   I believe that for the Wave, super topper, hammer and the hybrid 21.5" video toppers.
These require the A08 card.
   I think the super topper is really attractive. But the wave topper is the best. It has a slant forward that I find reduces alot of glare

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
@gunnerbill: But will the wave topper work with a V22/22 machine if i have that AO8 card?

Offline gunnerbill

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 12:06:11 PM »
Yes,  the wave monitor will work with the v22/22. You need the A08 LCU. as it was mention before. The wave monitor I have has a notch on the base. And required alittle fabrication in order to fit flush on the cabinet. Just alittle info for that wave topper. It is heavy. But it has a solid support. The 18.5 topper that I had before was light in weight but the mounting base was plastic.  making it a little flimsy. When opening and closing the door, the video topper would shake.  But once you mount it, it shouldnt matter. No body will be touching it.

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »

HEAR-YEE... HEAR-YEE.... :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

"LCU Guide to Toppers" ........

"Red, Blue, Green... Red, Blue, Green" issue is a lack of proper firmware. The R,B,G sequence is an error code of an I/O device being "offine" (Not communicating). WAVE Toppers and PRO LED speaker boards require Level A05 (or newer). "A05"'s are NLA and supersede to the "A08" board.

Here's the PROPER information you'll need when calling around for the LCU board...  The used ones Larry has/had are Bally PCA212710. They will accommodate firmware upto "A06". Jumping up to an "A08" Flash requires additional data buses for the "Crown" Toppers, etc (There are 3 separate boards in that Super Topper that require DATA inputs). Thus a DIFFERENT board number. Bally PCA245970 is the CORRECT part number you want to give for a board with an AXDUOABZL020A08 Firmware Flash. The boards are BLACK, not green.

Hope this helps....

..... And yes, The Super "Crown" Topper is a boat anchor without the "A08" to drive it. :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:56:14 PM by FireballJackpot »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal