New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Anyone have any luck using an OEM BB2 top box monitor for a BB1-BB2 conversion?  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
My NXT2 and OLED will be arriving any day now for my BB1.  I decided to set my BB2 up as Gold Fish 2, so I would have some widescreen monitors and BB2 parts to play with before diving into the full blown conversion.

If I use my BB2 bezel as some other posts suggest, it "looks" like the OEM BB2 bottom monitor will work out great, I just need to round up another one.  The monitor set I bought for my BB2 was pretty reasonably priced.  It was certainly a used set, but for the two monitors,  it was cheaper than one of the recommended conversion monitors. They have very good viewing angles and I'd love to go the same route on my BB1 and save some cash. That said, it looks to me like the upper monitor from my BB2 has little to no chance of fitting my BB1 top box.  I know I can go the route of NEC or Ceronics that others have posted on, but wanted to first ask if anybody has had luck with an OEM BB2 monitor in the top box and can prove my preliminary thoughts wrong? :-)

Also, I would like to say a big ol' thank to the others that have led the way and posted on doing this conversion.  There is a ton of great information on here and having these posts available for reference is a ton of help!

Corey

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
I have an OEM bb2 (Krystal) monitor in my bb1 topbox.
I had to replace the chrome top cap on the topbox with one from a bb2.
It is wider so it will fit over the OEM monitor.
It worked out pretty well. 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Yep, I have the same setup as Jimise.  Came out fantastic!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Rane420

• NLG
Perfect!  Thanks guys!  I knew it would pay to ask.  That's exactly what  I was hoping for :-)
Corey

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
So Does Big Bass Bucks run on a NXT2 cpu??  I'm running Hitchcock Theater now on my 1.5.  I was thinking that it's the only only one that will................??

Thanks,

SM

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
No, he is just running the bb1 game on his converted cabinet, but it still requires the bb1 mpu and the tsetse for the top screen stuff.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
 :agreepost:
What Rick said.... :yes:

Offline Rane420

• NLG
Hi again,

I got my NXT2 and OLED in and am working through the conversion.  As I mentioned above, I am using the monitors (Wells Gardner) from my BB2.  I picked up a couple power supply's so that I am powering them independently of the BB1 power supply.  Either one of my power supplies will power the main monitor without issue, however the top monitor sounds like it is powering up for maybe 5-10 seconds, then the light on the power supply goes dim the monitor powers down and then starts to power up again to repeat the cycle.  If I swap supplies the same thing happens. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
As a test, I plugged the top monitor back into the original BB2 cabinet and it comes up just fine.  So I suspect I made a bad call on the specs of the power supply.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
I always over spec the power supply.  You don't really know if these cheap made in china power supplies actually do put out the current they say they do.  According to photos, your power supply is right at the specs required by the monitor.  I would go a couple of amps higher, or get a known good brand power supply.  (if the thing doesn't feel heavy, then it is probably no good).  The other thing to try is to make sure you have the right polarity on your converted end.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
Thanks Rick.  I'm not really familiar with power supplies.  I think I have polarities right because both work for the main monitor. Do you have any brand name(s) you'd recommend?
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
I don't have recommendations for power supply brands. My bb2 converted cabinet uses AC power for the top monitor.  And my BB2 cabinet power supply is the one that powers the top monitor on that one.  I would buy a power supply from a good known electronics store like mouser.com or similar and buy a 12v power supply with around 7 Amps just to make sure you have enough current for the monitor.  Since your monitor works on the bb2 cabinet, it has to be the power supply. 

Offline Rane420

• NLG
Thanks Rick, that helps.
Corey

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal