New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help!! Crc corrupt and secure memory failure  (Read 3168 times)

Offline TiltSays

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TiltSays New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help!! Crc corrupt and secure memory failure
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »
I am fairly new to this site as well as a newbie on WMS system, so please excuse me if i don't get it first time :-). Having said that, I am having problem with my new WMS life of luxury machine that i have in my place. Every time I boot up it says "crc corrupt" and "tilt secure memory failure". My question
1)Which Ram clear chip and extractor tool am i looking for?  (I don't have one so any links to buy online will be helpful)
2) What about percentage chip? its already set up at 89% before it was down. Do i have to set up at 89 again after Ram cleared? ( link to buy if necessary)
3)  Step by Step process would he so helpful
 Please take a look at the WMS board pic and help me get this machine up and running.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Help!! Crc corrupt and secure memory failure
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:14:07 PM »
Your battery probably needs to be changed.  You have a 1.5 cpu with eprom extender (Necessary to use 8Mbit chips on your board style).

If you have a multi-meter check the voltage on the battery, it will probably be low.  You have it easy, since it is on a holder, just need to buy the replacement battery.  You just need a regular IC extractor (your eproms are 32 pin eproms) like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Insulated-Vinyl-Puller/dp/B0002JEZ2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471572673&sr=8-1&keywords=ic+extractor

or if you want a fancy one, this is the other type:

https://www.amazon.com/Jonard-EX-2-Extraction-Tool-24-40/dp/B006C3Y8IY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1471572673&sr=8-5&keywords=ic+extractor

I use the cheaper type, works well.  Others here subscribe to the bent screwdriver method.

Based on the number of chips, you have life of luxury 2 (The Best Things in Life), bluish background with gold coins for the free spin bonus?

You can use the Universal Clear, it is the best bet now.  Performing a clear involves replacing the XU3 chip.  Inserting clear, and go through the clear routine, which basically involves picking a denomination and the comparitor model.  Here's a post that details the procedure.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9309.msg64226#msg64226

After you run the clear procedure, you put back the XU3 and boot.

The percentage is defaulted at 89 (it actually depends on the game, most are 89 or 92).  To change that you need a special key chip, which is kind of expensive (around $160), and honestly, not worth the trouble, but if you want to be able to do that, there's one on e-bay right now from a reputable seller (Blueridge slots).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline TiltSays

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:45:40 PM »

You can use the Universal Clear, it is the best bet now.  Performing a clear involves replacing the XU3 chip. 
Where can i buy universal clear from? Any recommendation / link?

Inserting clear, and go through the clear routine, which basically involves picking a denomination and the comparitor model.  Here's a post that details the procedure.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9309.msg64226#msg64226

you sure this is the correct link as i don't see Ram clear procedure on this link above?

After you run the clear procedure, you put back the XU3 and boot.

After you boot don't you have to set up a jackpot limit upper limit / lower limit  and all those ?  I was actually looking for that step to step procedure.

Thank you so much :-)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:27:47 PM »
The Ram clear procedure is pretty self explanatory, that's why I didn't post a "step by step" but for the sake of documentation, here it is:

1.  Replace Game XU3 with Clear chip. (the photo is a 1.5 Plus mpu board, yours is 1.5, but the xu3 is the one that needs replacement)
2. Boot game.
3. Screen 1 will show up.  Select comparitor type and denomination.  Then confirm your selection.  The game will display RAM CLEAR and prompt you to replace the eprom and reboot.
4. Remove Clear and replace game XU3, then boot system.  You will get a message that says "Tilt! Memory Cleared"  Push the diagnostic button and wait.  The game should then boot up into the play screen.
5. If you want to change options, press the diagnostic button.  You will get screen 2 if you push the config/test button on the screen.
6. The default options will work 99% of the time, but if you want to set credit limits, etc. You can set it up by pushing the corresponding button on the screen.  They should all be self explanatory.  The "Game" button will tell you the percentage that is defaulted on the game, this cannot be changed unless you get the special XU10 PCT chip (the $160 chip I mentioned before).  Bill Validator only tells the system which denoms it can accept or deny, they are all on by default.  Limits are Bill limit, credit limit, hopper limit, split pay.  General toggles are game dependent, they are self-explanatory based on the game.  Protocol options are for TITO, but to use TITO your chipset has to be TITO enabled, these games came with either hopper functionality or TITO functionality.

As far as where to get the clear chip, post a message that you want to buy one here and someone will probably offer you one. Make sure you ask for a Universal Clear.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline TiltSays

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:55:16 PM »
Thank you so much for your information. I will try to go through the process you have mentioned after I get Universal clear( about to post in a new thread)  and chip extractor( already ordered from amazon from above link). I will post if I run into trouble again. Thanks for now. Have a good weekend  :wave:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal